PDA

View Full Version : i want maximum heatsinkage on my DFI lanparty UT

ocmyface
09-14-2004, 08:09 PM
to anyone that has received theirs yet, does it come with all the little mosfet heatsinks and other random heatsinks that hell-fire usually puts on when he mods a board? once i get this board i will be keeping it for a very very long time and want it to be fully modded in terms of heatsinks

im getting one soon and as i said want to have all the heatsinks put on but id really hate to waste both hell-fire's time and my time + money putting stupid little heatsinks on when its something i could do myself with a little guidance :)

could anyone show me where to put the heatsinks and any precautions to take to make sure i dont short it out, IE i heard that when putting a mosfet heatsink on if the heatsink touches the mosfet and metal at the same time it will short your board, dont know if thats true or not its just the kind of things that i would do with my bad luck :hehe:

you dont have to show me a picture of the mobo and circle the areas unless oyu want to, all you really need to do is tell me what its called IE mosfet and its general location

The Mofo
09-17-2004, 06:53 PM
to anyone that has received theirs yet, does it come with all the little mosfet heatsinks and other random heatsinks that hell-fire usually puts on when he mods a board? once i get this board i will be keeping it for a very very long time and want it to be fully modded in terms of heatsinks

im getting one soon and as i said want to have all the heatsinks put on but id really hate to waste both hell-fire's time and my time + money putting stupid little heatsinks on when its something i could do myself with a little guidance :)

could anyone show me where to put the heatsinks and any precautions to take to make sure i dont short it out, IE i heard that when putting a mosfet heatsink on if the heatsink touches the mosfet and metal at the same time it will short your board, dont know if thats true or not its just the kind of things that i would do with my bad luck :hehe:

you dont have to show me a picture of the mobo and circle the areas unless oyu want to, all you really need to do is tell me what its called IE mosfet and its general location

Comes with your basic fanless chipset heatsink, nothing special. However, it does have the holes, so you can slap a Swifty NB on there or Iceberg, etc.

No sinks on the mosfets, but i was looking at adding my own. Use caution around the mosfets.

eva2000
09-17-2004, 07:52 PM
if you use a video card with 3rd party heatsinks then heatsinks taller than stock heatsink will be a problem as it will get in the way of 3rd party video card heatsinks

reject
09-22-2004, 06:11 AM
you can only short a mosfet if you touch 2 legs together with metal, plastic dont conduct elec.

Ubermann
09-27-2004, 03:24 AM
you can only short a mosfet if you touch 2 legs together with metal, plastic dont conduct elec.

And heatsinks made of plastic is awesome coolers.

spaceman
09-27-2004, 05:17 PM
There are a total of 9 MOSFETs that need sinking, 6 by the CPU socket, 2 by the AGP slot, and 1 by the ATX connector, meaning not the 4-pin, the "regular" one. The 6 by the CPU socket are positioned in such a way, that a normal RAMsink won't fit, so you can either cut 3 in half, or use BGA sinks there. I used a pair of hemostats to mount them, and tweezers would work just as well, cause you're not gonna mount 'em with your fingers. Just look around good, before ya start, and get an idea of what you're doing. Oh yeah, the only way I can see ya shorting a MOSFET, is if ya cut a sink in half, and leave a big old burr. (The pins sit below the level surface.) Just take a few minutes and sand down the rough corners. :) BTW, I NEVER heard of plastic heatsinks, lol. ;) Mine are copper.

Siphilon
10-03-2004, 08:19 AM
LOL

Plastic heatsinks own... :stick:

The only drawback is you have to replace them fairly often ;-/

Bests ones Ive found so far are these lego brand ones..

http://home.earthlink.net/~ethanh78/images/lego.jpg

L0$t Pr0PhEt
10-03-2004, 08:22 AM
LOL

Plastic heatsinks own... :stick:

The only drawback is you have to replace them fairly often ;-/

Bests ones Ive found so far are these lego brand ones..

http://home.earthlink.net/~ethanh78/images/lego.jpg

heheheheehe :lol: :bsod:

rick_fx
10-03-2004, 03:36 PM
:lol:

reject
10-03-2004, 06:51 PM
:| very funny, i meant the top of the mosfet... ahhh shut up