PDA

View Full Version : Abit/ECS....outsourcing interview

mike.elmes
10-24-2002, 07:14 PM
Hi all,

Found a link to an interview that addresses the rumours of Abit outsourcing their boards to ECS. The interview is conducted by none other than Chainbolt, whom I believe is a member here.

Chainbolt I hope you don't mind, as there are some interesting topics addressed. The one that caught my eye was the part where Abit specifies what product is indeed outsourced to ECS.

Behold....the interview...

http://www.overclockers.com.au/article.php?id=105804

N8
10-25-2002, 03:50 AM
Yea I read that yesterday somewhere. Good info, mike. The question now is, what's up with ABIT's QC then? It seems like many of their newer boards don't seem to live up to the ABIT quality of say the KR7 series.

Covenant
10-25-2002, 05:08 AM
Well, nice to hear that ABit is not relying on ECS for retail boards - ECS quality is quite frankly crap.

Oh, and I was right about boc colours:

OCAU: I guess you are aware about the rumors that certain newer ABIT boards are performing not as good anymore because they are apparently manufactured by ECS. And some people even speculate that your mobos coming in blue boxes are from ECS and the red-boxed boards are from ABIT or the other way around.
ST: ahh..these rumors! ABIT’s Intel chipset based mainboards come in blue boxes and boards with Athlon chipsets get a red box.

OCAU: Wait a moment! I had in total 4 BD7-II mobos, 3 of them came in a blue box and 1 in a read box.
ST: Oh yes! During the soccer World Cup we shipped worldwide all ABIT boards in a red World-Cup box. But now we are back to the usual Intel = blue box and AMD = red box policy.