PDA

View Full Version : About to through this comp out the window...

Trikko
10-24-2002, 04:41 PM
last night i had it up and running, no problems 3dmark ran perfect, then i went to this computer (my old one) burnt some of my utilities and put it on my new one..... the very second i clicked wcpuid the computer restarted.... then i get the Windows 2000 Professional startup screen the bar goes across and when it would usually goto the screen where i would type my password in, it restarts, it does this everytime i reboot. I get this weird error saying if i recently plugged something in to remove it, but i just installed every piece of hardware so i dont know what to remove. I think its something that wcpuid did because the very second i clicked it the system rebooted and ahs been doing the problem i just stated above everytime..... any ideas guys?
thanks again =)

JAWS
10-24-2002, 05:36 PM
Do you have the very latest version of Cupid? If not, go to AOA files and download it. Or try increasing you vcore, if you can.

http://www.aoaforums.com/

Trikko
10-24-2002, 06:00 PM
thx jaws, u think it could be bad ram or a ööööty psu thats making it reboot like that?

JAWS
10-24-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Trikko
thx jaws, u think it could be bad ram or a ööööty psu thats making it reboot like that?

No, not if your system was stable before you installed the new utilities. Actually that happened to me awhile back (when I bought my first XP) I downloaded the latest version and fixed it. Can you boot into safe mode? If so, remove cupid.