PDA

View Full Version : X800 "power cable not connecter"

WildKard
09-02-2004, 07:34 AM
Well, I have read lots of users that have claimed to lose cards because of flashing/various other things and they always get the "power cable not connected" message

Well, I have a Sapphire X800 Pro VIVO flashed to a XT PE and I have figured out what causes the problem for me

THE ATI BIOS! :)

I have used ATI revision 1 526/573 and Rev2 520/560 bios files and both exhibit this behaviour on random HOWEVER, using the Sapphire or Gigabyte bios, or any Pro VIVO bios, I do not experience this behaviour at all.

Anybody else having this problem, or not having the problem could you just post which bios youre using?

Gogeta
09-02-2004, 06:43 PM
I have the same card but have yet to actually power it up (bleeding new WC loop as I type this.)

Are you saying that when you use either the Sapphire or Gigabyte XT PE bios, you never get the power cable message?

lalPOOO
09-02-2004, 11:16 PM
Well I'm not sure if what you're saygin applies to me, but I think it does. I had the gigabyte xt pe bios on my card when it died, but it died because of a powersupply problem, nothing to do with the flashing or the bioses...