PDA

View Full Version : Major price drop on VapoChill in the US

Bulldog20
10-24-2002, 07:49 AM
Lo, just for you nice US boys:D. Following the logistics efficiency gains of asetek's newly established US representation a dramatic price drop on VapoChill is now a reality! Price on - COMPLETE! - VapoChill systems are now at an all time low starting price from 469$ (May take a little while before all retailers have updated their price lists).

The first 40 foot container of VapoChill systems is on its way across the Atlantic and will arrive at the North American Warehouse & Distribution Centre in Toledo, Ohio on November 16th. Hereafter overlapping container shipments will arrive every 2 weeks ensuring a permanent stock of VapoChill systems on North American soil.

To find the nearest North American reseller please visit
http://www.vapochill.us

That means that asetek are between 141$ and 91$ cheaper than the competition. (EDIT) cooling unit (609.95$) all in Prices taken from http://www.iceepc.com/index.htm?catalog.htm&1

Cheers :D

OPPAINTER
10-24-2002, 07:53 AM
Very nice,

I sure would like to try one. Bulldog, you need to get those guys on my request, I still havn't heard from them, it's hard to push them If we haven't a clue how they Preform:D

OPP

Bulldog20
10-24-2002, 07:55 AM
Lo, give us a couple of days and I'll give them another poke.

No not that type of poke, for some of you filther members ;)

Cheers, I' mail ya.

Marci
10-24-2002, 08:21 AM
About those prices u quoted from competition....

$579 for the standalone INCLUDING one kit for either AMD or Intel... not sure where you got "Remember when buying a Chip-Con you have to pay for CPU-kit (45$) and cooling unit (609.95$) all in all 654.95$." from...

Full case ver INCLUDING one kit (either AMD or Intel, no price diff between the 2) $609.95....

Problem Asetek have is there prices in Europe and the UK are dreadful... can u pick up a Vapo over here for £365 exc VAT yet???

Bulldog20
10-24-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by Marci

$579 for the standalone INCLUDING one kit for either AMD or Intel... not sure where you got "Remember when buying a Chip-Con you have to pay for CPU-kit (45$) and cooling unit (609.95$) all in all 654.95$." from...

Full case ver INCLUDING one kit (either AMD or Intel, no price diff between the 2) $609.95....

Problem Asetek have is there prices in Europe and the UK are dreadful... can u pick up a Vapo over here for £365 exc VAT yet???

The prices are for the lower priced cased unit, not a bolt on the bottom unit. Vapochill sells cases as well(no comments please:D), so the price quoted was for a unit with a case.
Your correct about the CPu kit sorry :D also edited above.
I'll look up the english prices in a minute, time to fill my face :D

Bulldog20
10-24-2002, 08:34 AM
Hey you can buy the top model for less than that.
New price list for the US
VapoChill Standard Edition, S478, White case, Grey display window 469 $
VapoChill Standard Edition, S478, White case, Blue display window 469 $
VapoChill Standard Edition, S478, White case, Red display window 469 $
VapoChill Standard Edition, S478, White case, Green display window 469 $
VapoChill Standard Edition, S478, Titanium case 509 $
VapoChill Premium Edition, S478, White case, Grey display window 519 $
VapoChill Premium Edition, S478, White case, Blue display window 519 $
VapoChill Premium Edition, S478, White case, Red display window 519 $
VapoChill Premium Edition, S478, White case, Green display window 519 $
VapoChill Premium Edition, S478, Titanium case 559 $
VapoChill Standard Edition, Socket A, White case, Grey display window 469 $
VapoChill Standard Edition, Socket A, White case, Blue display window 469 $
VapoChill Standard Edition, Socket A, White case, Red display window 469 $
VapoChill Standard Edition, Socket A, White case, Green display window 469 $
VapoChill Standard Edition, Socket A, Titanium case 509 $
VapoChill Premium Edition, Socket A, White case, Grey display window 519 $
VapoChill Premium Edition, Socket A, White case, Blue display window 519 $
VapoChill Premium Edition, Socket A, White case, Red display window 519 $
VapoChill Premium Edition, Socket A, White case, Green display window 519 $
VapoChill Premium Edition, Socket A, Titanium case 559 $

Galifrey
10-24-2002, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Marci

https://www.chillblast.com/products.asp?PGID=6

The top of the range Vapokill is £356+vat (£418 in real money) thats £7 cheaper than the full prometeia system...

And more expensive than the base unit only (which after all is the only thing anyone needs now....) for those of us with a case already....

The cooling performance appears to be very close to the prometeia, like within 1-2 degrees when the fans are run at full tilt.. so really its down to 240v or 12v compressor really...

Bulldog20
10-24-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Galifrey
https://www.chillblast.com/products.asp?PGID=6

The top of the range Vapokill is £356+vat (£418 in real money) thats £7 cheaper than the full prometeia system...

And more expensive than the base unit only (which after all is the only thing anyone needs now....) for those of us with a case already....

The cooling performance appears to be very close to the prometeia, like within 1-2 degrees when the fans are run at full tilt.. so really its down to 240v or 12v compressor really...

Lo, I think chip-con are in the same position becuase of the high level of taxes involved. Also the 12v compressor is alot more expensive than a 240v. If Asetek ever make a unit using a 240v compressor then it's a cheaper production.

Cheers

NyCUndaGrounD
10-24-2002, 02:36 PM
nice but the problem will be my parents noticing a big change to the computer if i get a vapo. :banana:

Galifrey
10-24-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Bulldog20
Lo, I think chip-con are in the same position becuase of the high level of taxes involved. Also the 12v compressor is alot more expensive than a 240v. If Asetek ever make a unit using a 240v compressor then it's a cheaper production.

Cheers

I wondered if that was the case.... wth dont they just put a proper compressor in and be done with it then...

They will kick some real butt then...

Bulldog20
10-24-2002, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by NyCUndaGrounD
nice but the problem will be my parents noticing a big change to the computer if i get a vapo. :banana:

good point, maybe put a sheet over it and say it's gone shy? :D

Cheers

Bulldog20
10-24-2002, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by Galifrey
I wondered if that was the case.... wth dont they just put a proper compressor in and be done with it then...

They will kick some real butt then...

m8 some of us like a unit to use at lan and most CAD users etc don't want a heavy unit. The 240v compressor is heavier, alot heavier. There are lots of reasons why they use a 12v compressor. That doesn't mean they will never use a 240v compressor. That depends on the market for one. It all costs money at the end of the day.
Cheers

NyCUndaGrounD
10-24-2002, 03:35 PM
probably some college textbooks would do fine covering it up.

docah
10-24-2002, 03:46 PM
mmm i was a cad guy once.... we never moved the pc's. And when i visited ford most of the cad guys were on 64bit mad phat systems that were practically bolted to the floor. if you want portabilty .. stick with air :-P

Creative
10-24-2002, 05:46 PM
Any chances of these popping up in Australia cheaper?

Ive been told that Asetk *WONT* ship any to Australia untill the present stock of Vapo#1 is sold out.....that sucks....:mad:

I can get it direct from Asetek to my door for $1250AUDinc GST and Import Tax.....pretty good if you ask me.....but personally when Im getting offered a 4 month old Vapo#1 for $900AUD, the PE version doesnt seem that attractive.....

Please tell me its going to drop price here too :)
*fingers crossed*
:)
Cheers bulldog

Friar Tuck
10-24-2002, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by Creative
Any chances of these popping up in Australia cheaper?

Try this :

The Great VapoChill Competition - Fall 2002

WIN PRIZES FOR MORE THAN 7,000$ !!!

To enter the competition simply (1) fill in the below form and (2) register in the VapoChill forum - It´s that simple. By doing this you´ll be in the race to win the following great prizes:

1st PRIZE

1 x Fully configured 3,2GHz VapoChill Power PC system

Configuration: VapoChill PE Titanium, ASUS P4B533-E motherboard, Intel P4 CPU, 512 Mb Samsung RAM (PC 2700 DDR), 40 GB HD, CD-ROM, 3 1/2" /1,44MB Floppy Drive, ATI Radeon 9700 Pro Graphics Card, Cordless keyboard and mouse, and Speaker system.

2nd PRIZE

1 x VapoChill PE Titanium barebone system, Incl. ASUS P4B533-E motherboard and Intel P4 2,4GHz Intel CPU.

3rd PRIZE

2 x VapoChill SE Titanium system

4th PRIZE

50 x VapoChill Polo shirts
100 x VapoChill T-shirts
250 x VapoChill Mouse pads

Deadlines:

The closing time for last entry is 18:00 (GMT+1) on 17th December 2002. The winners will be drawn and announced in the VapoChill Forum on 19th December 2002.

On the Vapochill Forum.

FT.

http://forum.vapochill.com/

MrIcee
10-24-2002, 07:14 PM
Bulldog20:)

I'd like one of these units to review...whats the likelyhood they'd entertain me?? Drop me a pm or email and let me know your thoughts:) Thanks in advance

Randi:D

fireandsmoke
10-24-2002, 07:32 PM
Well,
Sounds good enough, BUT the biggest thing I dislike about VC's website is it takes forever to find decent pictures and technical diagrams and photos section by section...kind of like...buy one but we don't wanna' show you anything about them.
I did find a review that gave better pic's...but with the pic's come the DISADVANTAGES of the VC's...
HMmm..........
f&s

Creative
10-24-2002, 10:01 PM
Cheers for that Friar :D

Ill enter, but im looking for a unit in the next 2-3 weeks :)

sysfailur
10-24-2002, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by MrIcee

I'd like one of these units to review...whats the likelyhood they'd entertain me?? Drop me a pm or email and let me know your thoughts:) Thanks in advance

Who doesn't want one of these to "review" ? :hehe:

Bulldog20
10-25-2002, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by MrIcee

PM'ed

Cheers dude :D

Also if you don't get one, when I win the comp above :toast: I'll send you one of mine for review ;)

Cheers

Bulldog20
10-25-2002, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by sysfailur
Who doesn't want one of these to "review" ? :hehe:

Me ;)

Cheers