PDA

View Full Version : How do you attach a N64 controller to a PC?

Dmytry
08-26-2004, 11:02 AM
I've been googling for awhile now. Only found 1 site and it isn't very clear on how to build it (I guess you could call it an adaptor) . Some help?

texuspete00
08-26-2004, 11:49 AM
I got mine on ebay. I actually needed a Playstation converter but this thing has both. I've seen a lot of Playstation ones. Hope you can still find an N64 one.

Dmytry
08-26-2004, 11:51 AM
I need to build it. Can't buy no money :/ Building will be cheaper.

Karnivore
08-26-2004, 02:11 PM
Some quick googling and I see you essentially have two choices, one is parallel port, and second is USB, The USB version appears to need a programmable Microcontroller, PIC or similar. If you have any experience, and a programmer it should be relatively easy to make.

The second, and probably most practical for the average person is relatively simple and should be easy to make. Best link I found is THIS ONE (http://home.t-online.de/home/stephan.hans/n64.htm) , HERE (http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=n64+controller+to+pc&btnG=Google+Search) is the search I did.

I know you want cheap, but after looking at a few commercial units @ around $13 USD, and seeing the versatilety of them I would probably go that route.

BTW, I'm moving this to console gaming which is probably slightly more related.

Dmytry
08-26-2004, 03:05 PM
Thanks. Your google showed up many more related results than mine >.<

WesM63
08-26-2004, 03:26 PM
Can't help you with the Nintendo one, however i built a xbox controller for a pc a long long time ago. It was super easy and works well too!

Karnivore
08-26-2004, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by WesM63
Can't help you with the Nintendo one, however i built a xbox controller for a pc a long long time ago. It was super easy and works well too!

Yeah Xbox controller is basically just a USB device with proprietary connector, rewire, and add suitable drivers.. The N64 controller is not quite so easy, almost though ;)

Dmytry
08-26-2004, 05:30 PM
Is there anyplace that tells of how to connect it to the PC via USB. I'm going to make the printer port one tomorrow (or sometime soon) so any help is appriciated. Starting to google now...