PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Got Their Lian Li V2000 H20 Cooled Yet?

The Mofo
08-21-2004, 03:54 PM
Please post pictures of your installed water rig. I plan on buying this case but need to see if anyone ran into any problems. Thanks

The Mofo
08-25-2004, 03:39 PM
Welp, i bit the bullet today and ordered it along with 24" SATA cables, and dual 24" IDE cables. I also got the front usb/mic/speaker extension kit so my cables will be nice and near, rather then extremely tight and looking like ass. Coolerguys are having a sale on this case for $245 btw, extention bracket was $5.95 and the cables were pretty damn inexpensive as well.

Cant wait to get my new H20 gear installed and ready for the new DFI on the 2nd.

ocmyface
08-25-2004, 04:47 PM
wow, itd take some major balls to take a holesaw or dremel to a lian li case

gl and post pics

The Mofo
08-25-2004, 05:08 PM
I will do that, thanks bro :toast:

fareastgq
08-27-2004, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by ocmyface

gl and post pics

I did it to my pc75B, hehe, if u wanna see pix I can provide :P

sp00L
08-27-2004, 06:47 PM
No digital camera here, but I put a dtek pro core in the front, pump in the bottom and ran tubes up through the holes in the divider to the cpu. I did have to remove all the hdd racks to make space. Easy to do as you simply drill the rivets. I added a lian-li hdd rack in the 5.25'' bays for my 2 harddrives.

I did take a dremel to the side panel and add a 120mm to blow onto the vid card. I removed the stock filter from the front fan and the duct from the rear fan, and punched the rear grill. It all works well. A bit noisy as I have a push/pull setup with 120x38mm panaflos.

If you're thinking of a dual heater core, check out the setup at voyeurmods.com. They placed it in the bottom of the case and reversed the rear psu bracket. Good luck.

The Mofo
08-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by sp00L
No digital camera here, but I put a dtek pro core in the front, pump in the bottom and ran tubes up through the holes in the divider to the cpu. I did have to remove all the hdd racks to make space. Easy to do as you simply drill the rivets. I added a lian-li hdd rack in the 5.25'' bays for my 2 harddrives.

I did take a dremel to the side panel and add a 120mm to blow onto the vid card. I removed the stock filter from the front fan and the duct from the rear fan, and punched the rear grill. It all works well. A bit noisy as I have a push/pull setup with 120x38mm panaflos.

If you're thinking of a dual heater core, check out the setup at voyeurmods.com. They placed it in the bottom of the case and reversed the rear psu bracket. Good luck.

Thats exactly what i saw and am going to do. I think i will make a bottom gasket out of neoprene to draw the air up to the dual core more effectively however.

Reflex1
08-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by ocmyface

gl and post pics i think everyone does it ...i cut a 120mm radiator hole on top of my lian li ...and 5 holes for it to fit on top of my prommy ;)

The Mofo
09-02-2004, 04:06 PM
Welp, i started modding.. First thing to go, the 80mm fan grills. While i was down there, i flipped the plate upside down so i can stick the PSU up and radiator on the bottom. I then began to investigate, you really cant fit a dual core rad down there with out some serious chopping, yet the wheels wont have any support. So, either ill stick with the single core and move it to the front, removing one of the rails, or cut away the bottom in the back and use a single core.

Decisions, Decisions!