PDA

View Full Version : Could Chip-Con be in trouble ??

OPPAINTER
10-22-2002, 09:01 AM
I got this link e-mailed to me, unfortunitly it is in Danish. The friend that e-mailed it to says that Chip Con (Prometeia) may be in some legal trouble.

Heres what he told me:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Looks like chip_con are in some trouble. It turns out they got a Grant from the EU to set up the cooling product. To get the grant they had to find a different market to Asetek for there product.So they took the grant and agreed not to compete. Now a journalist nosed into the case, and found out something was (IS) wrong, as Chip-Con are going after the same customers etc.

Some news sites, but there in Danish, http://www.dr.dk/nsapi.dr/newton/nord/reg_find.exe?appflg=p&site=nord&bcat=600&ecat=699&action=find&searchstr=asetek

It's all over the news in Denmark today :O"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Maybe we could get some translation on this one.

OPP

Marci
10-22-2002, 09:26 AM
Unfortunately Systran doesn't have a Danish > English module available yet... soz dude... do we have any Danish members??

Stinger
10-22-2002, 09:57 AM
hi guys I'm Swedish but it says just about that. they where promised 100000$ from EU and they gotten 50000$ so far for starting up a buisiness if they didnt compete with asetek. and now there is an investigation about it, if its all is true that chip-con are competing with asetek about customer they have to pay back those 50000$ to EU. I'm Sorry about my bad English.

Kamerat
10-22-2002, 10:07 AM
1 000 000 DKK is about 130 000 USD, 134 000 EUR, 84 400 GBP, 1 210 000 SEK or 996 000 NOK. :p Not 100 000 USD ;)

OPPAINTER
10-22-2002, 10:40 AM
Thanks for the info guys:)

And Kamerat, welcome to Xtreme:toast:

OPP

fOrMIs
10-22-2002, 10:48 AM
A Little Help Maybee ..... Online Translation .....

Not for a whole webpage ... but ....

See Link:

http://www.freedict.com/onldict/dan.html

// fOrMIs :)

bass
10-22-2002, 11:03 AM
Please read the bottom of this link.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3266

Kamerat
10-22-2002, 11:06 AM
Thanks alot OPPAINTER!

fOrMIs
10-22-2002, 11:08 AM
Translation Link # 01

Director of studies by the county works by that concern, he recommended

22. october 1200: North

A director of studies, there getting 15.000 features to get a aversion report by Nordjyllands Counties, works themselves by that concern, that he recommended the county that give beyond a million features.
Last year said Nordjyllands Counties good to, computervirksomheden Chip Con to Hobro shall orchard beyond a million features from EU's destination 2- remedy. The condition to give the bread were after, that the concern no is rival to another nordjysk activity, Asetek to Brønderslev.

Both Asetek and Chip Con prepares kølesystemer to the computer. And when the county were to doubt about, the activity made they equal produce to they equal customer, so was praying they director of studies His Harddisk from Aalborg estimate the question.

Actually displays that themselves, that His Harddisk went pay from Chip Con to Hobro amid a month after, he that aversion director of studies had registered the county that give bread to Chip Con.

His Harddisk here that director of studies by Chip Con the employment by that work out patentansøgning at Chip Cons produce. His Harddisk the adhesion today, that he was aversion, though he soon after the employment by the county, made bread at precisely Chip Con. Kontorchef to Nordjyllands Counties, Allah Næs Gjerding, is after deep dispute His Hardings role to the thing is highly deplorable. He shouldn't orchard taken to appointment, says Allah Næs Gjerding.

vocation and Boligstyrelsen has actually requested the county about that get another examination from the question. Of which that appears, that the liaison from His Harddisk is svigagtig, so risk Chip Con to Hobro if worst comes to worst that should pay for the backing back. Today has the concern as early as got half EU- the backing at beyond a million features.

fOrMIs
10-22-2002, 11:12 AM
Translation Link # 02

Question about EU- purchase to activity to Hobro have to go now about

22. october 1200: North

Sagsbehandlingen wasn't on the level, when Nordjyllands Counties last year said good to, a nordjysk activity getting beyond a million features to EU- purchase.
That intends Vocation- and Boligstyrelsen, there charging, that the county prepares another, aversion examination from the question. That is a lot wacky, because matters about EU- bread seldom goes about.

The little Hobro- activity Chip Con to Hobro prepares kølesystemer to the computer. That doing the concern Asetek to Brønderslev too. Therefore were the county last year highly to doubt, when Chip Con searched about that get beyond a million features from EU´s destination 2 remedy. By of which two local the activity prepares ditto child and have they equal customer, so vil the county no commend, that EU treats bread to, that a activity can be udkonkurrere the duck.

The county pay the consultant His Harddisk from Aalborg to that estimate the question. And he definitely, that they two the activity prepares all various produce. It is a estimate, that the concern Asetek to Brønderslev is seriously dispute to the consultant didn't his jobs accurately, intends manager Apply Castle Eriksen.

- Chip Con to Hobro has got millionstøtten at a dance wrong grounding, says the director, there to beyond a år except success has tried that get the county to that get another examination.

- However it'll be effected actually, after Vocation- and Boligstyrelsen is gone into the question. The consultant report shall glance after to the seam, says kontorchef to the county Vocation- and Arbejdsmarkedsafdeling, Allah Næs Gjerding.

Chip Con to Hobro went to the spring going by that sell kølesystemet to the computer, that Asetek to Brønderslev says is fellow to their.

Aseteks manager intends therefore, that that delivery is urgent by that get the question definitely, because EU- the backing is by to that udkonkurrere his concern. However either the county or Vocation- and Boligstyrelsen can be today tell, when the investigation is finished.

fOrMIs
10-22-2002, 11:18 AM
Online Translator ... not 100 % .... :)

http://intertran.tranexp.com/

OPPAINTER
10-22-2002, 12:08 PM
fOrMIs,

Thats stuff is just as hard to understand as the original:D

OPP

Marci
10-22-2002, 12:18 PM
Basically it's gonna be the same funding principles I have to put up with when funding music festivals etc (that's what else i do in life).

The funder can provide fundings as long as the company receiving those funds doesn't go into direct competition with any other company which the funder has previously funded. These tactics can put companies out of business, and the funder can be sued by the company that comes off worst. The funder would then have to sue the company that came off best for breach of contract... blah de blah. Asetek kick up a fuss saying "you said that you wouldn't fund anyone else in the phase-change market... breach of our funding agreement... either sort it or we'll sue" so the funder fines the new company by demanding return of the funding which cancels it all out so they can get away without being at fault.

fOrMIs
10-22-2002, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by OPPAINTER
fOrMIs,

Thats stuff is just as hard to understand as the original:D

OPP

OPP

You "must" try to learn some danish OPP .... give it a try ... !! :D

I can tell you .... that ... finnish ... is harder to learn ... !! swedish ... perhaps ... !??? :rolleyes:

// fOrMIs :D

Klosterbruder
10-22-2002, 12:43 PM
German is to hard to learn, i'm even born in Germany I have my problems with it.

OPPAINTER
10-22-2002, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Marci
Basically it's gonna be the same funding principles I have to put up with when funding music festivals etc (that's what else i do in life).

The funder can provide fundings as long as the company receiving those funds doesn't go into direct competition with any other company which the funder has previously funded. These tactics can put companies out of business, and the funder can be sued by the company that comes off worst. The funder would then have to sue the company that came off best for breach of contract... blah de blah. Asetek kick up a fuss saying "you said that you wouldn't fund anyone else in the phase-change market... breach of our funding agreement... either sort it or we'll sue" so the funder fines the new company by demanding return of the funding which cancels it all out so they can get away without being at fault.

Thats to bad, I mean since they are selling the same type of product you would think the Funder would know they would definitely be in competition with similar products. I guess Chip Con will just have to pay off the Funder and get Sponsored by someone else.

OPP

OPPAINTER
10-22-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Klosterbruder
German is to hard to learn, i'm even born in Germany I have my promblems with it.

I'm the same way with English:D

OPP

bmg
10-22-2002, 12:59 PM
Hopefully this doesn't affect shipments. I hope Xtreme Tek Werkz gets their shipment soon and quickly gets them out to all of us that placed orders.

JCviggen
10-22-2002, 01:07 PM
As far as I know there isnt any problem at all really. Asetek are playing it dirty putting CC in a bad light ..... there's nothing to worry about thats the statement.

For sure there isnt a single problem with shipments

OPPAINTER
10-22-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by JCviggen
As far as I know there isnt any problem at all really. Asetek are playing it dirty putting CC in a bad light ..... there's nothing to worry about thats the statement.

Good to hear, I'd hate to see another Maxxxpert situation, I'd never hear the end of it:D

OPP

bmg
10-22-2002, 07:11 PM
I got an order status update from Xtreme Tek Werkz this evening. They mentioned that they were going to ask Chip-Con about this.

TheDude
10-22-2002, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by bmg
I got an order status update from Xtreme Tek Werkz this evening. They mentioned that they were going to ask Chip-Con about this.

I also got the same email tonight

QuadDamage
10-22-2002, 08:23 PM
i hope chip con is not gonna let us down. i wonder how many units did they sell worlwide.

sysfailur
10-22-2002, 11:04 PM
Saw this on [H] forums... kinda sucks.. how can you NOT compete w/ Asetek is what I'd like to know. What kind of moronic agreement is that. "OK you have to make this product but not compete with the vapochill..... which is identical to what you're creating? OK? DEAL!" eee-dee-ots.

Friar Tuck
10-23-2002, 03:39 AM

Copied from the [H] forum.

Xevito
Limp Gawd

" From what can be worked out :

the situation is that before Chip-Con started up they applied for EU funding. In that process Chip-Con convinced an "independent" consultant and the EU that they were not trying to compete with asetek, as they would sell COMPLETE Computer systems to a Professional market and not intefer with asetek at all. The local EU authorities found that hard to believe but as the "independent" consultant was saying the same they accepted it, and gave Chip-Con 130K$ "free of charge" (it's not venture funding as they don't get stock it's purely contribution) providing that they would not go after the same markets, customers etc. as asetek. If they did it would obviously be unfair to privately held corporations and EU would get their ass kicked.

Now this wasnt known until recently, the "independent" EU consultant that also visited asetek and saw the R&D, production etc. is the same guy that is working for Chip-Con as a patents consultant. That means that the same person that they shared ALL their business plans etc. is now working for Chip-Con!

The local authorities can of course not look through this, why they have cancelled the report that was the foundation of why Chip-Con got the funding in the first place, and they want a new independent consultant to actually figure out IF Chip-Con is trying to compete with asetek or not.

You guess the result! I think Chip-Con will have to pay the EU funding back, and then there is no Chip-Con to sell Prometeia or to support all the customers buying their products. Competition is good, but it has to be fair".

FT.

Marci
10-23-2002, 04:28 AM
There's no reason why ChipCon shouldn't be able to receive a capital loan from the bank, or float the company on the stock market... either would bring in enough capital to repay the funder without Chip-Con having to close.

Chip-Con are in clear breach of their agreement, the adjudicator / external consultant was obviously in on the deal... so in theory the funders could now sue on grounds of Fraud or similar, as it's apparent that the independent guy was not independant at all...

Unless Chip-Con repay the funders they'll get shutdown basically. Anyone know who the funders were? I'm guessing Brussels' EU - Millennium Project... same one that funds my Music Festivals and Recording Studio, as this all looks sooooo familiar...

Marci
10-23-2002, 04:29 AM
Plus, imagine if we could get every XtremeSystems member to buy shares.... hehe... XS become majority stock holders of Chip-Con.... now that'd be one to see!!

TheDude
10-23-2002, 06:29 AM
Are those of us who pre-ordered going to get our proms? Or is this going to screw that up? Any chance we will lose our pre-paid monies? I don't know how or if this will impact us.

Bulldog20
10-23-2002, 06:37 AM

Lo JC :D

Hmm I think it maybe will. I see no dirty tricks from Asetek.
We are talking about a chip-con not playing fair. The "independent" EU consultant was invited to asetek and saw there R&D, production etc. The same guy that is working for Chip-Con as a patents consultant. That means that the same person that Asetek shared ALL there business plans etc with, is now working for Chip-Con! FAIR?? No

They were suppose to only sell COMPLETE Computer systems to a Professional market. Are they ?? No

130K$ is alot of money and they only have half so far, as far as I know.
Also I can't see it will drag on for years. Even a DK top politician has stated, that the consultant was wrong.

We see the out come soon.

Cheers

Bulldog20
10-23-2002, 06:39 AM
Also remember US laws are very different to EU laws.
As KODAK found out in the UK not so long ago.
Hehehe I got three of the camera's :D

Cheers

Galifrey
10-23-2002, 06:45 AM
of course Bulldog20 isnt biased being a vapochill forum moderator of course ;)

N8
10-23-2002, 06:47 AM
Why doesn't Vapochill just make a system that cools better than the Prometeia? :D

Galifrey
10-23-2002, 06:53 AM
According to them they have...

The Vapokill PE.... and its cheaper than the Prometeia...

Makes you wonder what they fear....

Galifrey
10-23-2002, 07:01 AM
Mind you, they could get out of this VERY easily....

Just start selling full systems as they agreed, and put all other items on a seperate section called "spares"...

You see the fact that people buy "spares" for a system they dont own is beyond Chip-Cons control...

That way, Chip-Con can go back to the EU and say, can we have the rest of out 65k$ please :D

N8
10-23-2002, 07:02 AM
The Prometeia is far superior to the Vapochill PE IMO. You don't need a killer PS to run the prom, and it gets lower temps don't it?

So I'm right back to my original question...why don't Vapochill just make a better system? lol

I will admit...the new Vapo does look better IMO...The Prometeia is plain ugly :D

Bulldog20
10-23-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Galifrey
of course Bulldog20 isnt biased being a vapochill forum moderator of course ;)

Only the facts from my mouth dear buddy :D

Cheers

JCviggen
10-23-2002, 07:13 AM
According to them they have...

The Vapokill PE.... and its cheaper than the Prometeia...

Makes you wonder what they fear....

I think the Pifast ranking illustrates which cools best pretty well really :D

http://www.thechimpcage.com/pifast/

And yes, there's a Vapochill PE in that.... somewher ... way below 5 Prometeia's ... ;)

I imagine if this would have hit chip-con right at the beginning it could have taken them down... now they have a popular product and are known for their great customer service ... I think they should find their way out of this without too much trouble

JCviggen
10-23-2002, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by fOrMIs
Both Asetek and Chip Con prepares kølesystemer to the computer. And when the county were to doubt about, the activity made they equal produce to they equal customer, so was praying they director of studies His Harddisk from Aalborg estimate the question.

Actually displays that themselves, that His Harddisk went pay from Chip Con to Hobro amid a month after, he that aversion director of studies had registered the county that give bread to Chip Con.

His Harddisk here that director of studies by Chip Con the employment by that work out

I have been told than wherever it says "His Harddisk" it should be "Hans Harding" ... lmao... funny translation proggy.

Bulldog20
10-23-2002, 07:41 AM

And yes, there's a Vapochill PE in that.... somewher ... way below 5 Prometeia's ... ;)

I imagine if this would have hit chip-con right at the beginning it could have taken them down... now they have a popular product and are known for their great customer service ... I think they should find their way out of this without too much trouble

Not even a hello, maybe I'm just not worthy :D
I see it like this, EU basicly funded the money to set it up, yeah?
Now the company is running and can pay them back, no hard feeling yeah?
But say you lent me 50k to start a business, you then found out I hadn't played fair on the terms I took the funding. Would you ask for the sum back? or sue?
I don't think you would be happy knowing that my company was set up on your cash and is now making me money. YOUR MONEY basicly. You'd be fine with that?

Same thing I told Galifrey

Cheers

Galifrey
10-23-2002, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by [N8]

So I'm right back to my original question...why don't Vapochill just make a better system? lol

I will admit...the new Vapo does look better IMO...The Prometeia is plain ugly :D

1. They cant????

2. Not once its transplanted into a Lian Li 6089a :D

its not really ugly, its just a plain jane.... ie not attractive either...

The vapokill is better looking, but why so fat???

Anyway I paid for EXTREME COOLING not looks... so :banana: :banana:

Galifrey
10-23-2002, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by Bulldog20
Not even a hello, maybe I'm just not worthy :D
I see it like this, EU basicly funded the money to set it up, yeah?
Now the company is running and can pay them back, no hard feeling yeah?
But say you lent me 50k to start a business, you then found out I hadn't played fair on the terms I took the funding. Would you ask for the sum back? or sue?
I don't think you would be happy knowing that my company was set up on your cash and is now making me money. YOUR MONEY basicly. You'd be fine with that?

Same thing I told Galifrey

Cheers

Dude, there are THOUSANDS of cases like this all over the EU...

They havent caused any problems so far, and they wont.... once the company is up and running and employing people, the EU don't give a monkeys....

Only reason we have heard about this is coz its IT related and close to our hearts....

EU's own competition laws will prohibit them from doing anything other than demand the money back.. the rest is just tough luck for Asetek...

N8
10-23-2002, 07:49 AM
Bulldog20,

Oops, I thought you were the other Bulldog that has been a member here for some time :D

Welcome to Xtreme :)

Bulldog20
10-23-2002, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by [N8]
Bulldog20,

Oops, I thought you were the other Bulldog that has been a member here for some time :D

Galifrey, you could be right,but we'll have to wait and see.

Cheers

Galifrey
10-23-2002, 07:56 AM

Yeah, I know that table well.... you will see my score as the only P4 prometeia below the Vapokill PE...

However....

I have a 2.26b and he has a 2.66c

I have puny 4g4a, he has the mighty IT7-MAX2....

So I am still quite pleased wid mine :D :toast:

Galifrey
10-23-2002, 07:58 AM

Galifrey, you could be right,but we'll have to wait and see.

Cheers

Yeah but the healthy debate in the mean time is a lot of fun :D :D

Bulldog20
10-23-2002, 07:59 AM
Yeah, I know that table well.... you will see my score as the only P4 prometeia below the Vapokill PE...

However....

I have a 2.26b and he has a 2.66c

I have puny 4g4a, he has the mighty IT7-MAX2....

So I am still quite pleased wid mine :D :toast:

Ever thought you maybe just abit better at overclocking and lucky you got a good CPU, board and Ram?
Come on you haven't used the product yet, fair to try it. You all seems to have LOADS of cash :D

Cheers

Bulldog20
10-23-2002, 08:02 AM
Yeah but the healthy debate in the mean time is a lot of fun :D :D

hmm yeah your right, got nothing else to say just yet :(
oh well back to drinking Beer :D

Cheers

Galifrey
10-23-2002, 08:05 AM
Ever thought you maybe just abit better at overclocking and lucky you got a good CPU, board and Ram?
Come on you haven't used the product yet, fair to try it. You all seems to have LOADS of cash :D

Cheers

hehehe I wish I was lucky.... I have gotten thru every type of decent ram trying to find some that will work properly at 333mhz ddr on the epox mobo....

In the end it was a coupla stix of sammy original from OCUK that did the trick.... saved a fortune on the Corsair 3500 I did have before.... (RMA'd)

If I wanna go faster tho, only way is to go IT7 or Granite Bay...

SO gonna wait for GB.... might eek out a few more mhz then, but that'll prolly be on a 3.06 hyperthread chip :D

Bulldog20
10-23-2002, 08:08 AM
hehehe I wish I was lucky.... I have gotten thru every type of decent ram trying to find some that will work properly at 333mhz ddr on the epox mobo....

In the end it was a coupla stix of sammy original from OCUK that did the trick.... saved a fortune on the Corsair 3500 I did have before.... (RMA'd)

If I wanna go faster tho, only way is to go IT7 or Granite Bay...

SO gonna wait for GB.... might eek out a few more mhz then, but that'll prolly be on a 3.06 hyperthread chip :D

AND either your CC looks like your gun running or your Loaded.
I have slowed down to try and get some money together, she notices you see ;)

Cheers

Galifrey
10-23-2002, 08:15 AM
AND either your CC looks like your gun running or your Loaded.
I have slowed down to try and get some money together, she notices you see ;)

Cheers

hehe I got £6k of share options maturing in 4 weeks...

kinda tallies nice with the launch of GB chipset...

imagine the scene...

"darling, as were so flush at the moment, mind if I buy a new mobo for my pc, oh and may as well get a new CPU as well and then I can sell this one ;)"

hehehehhehehe

my 2.26b should sell pretty easily I think :D

Its-Freezing
10-23-2002, 11:51 AM
Hi' everybody.

Sure is a lot going on here today based on half truth's, hear-says, and what is worse :(.

Since this matter has the chance of turning into a hot political potatoo, Chip-con ApS will only be sending out official statements, which are verifiable and signed by our CEO Morten Espersen. This is to avoid adding further confusion to the matter.

Please find enclosed the first such statement here below:

I will not be able to elaborate on this, but will most certainly be monitoring the forums, to relay back any further legitimate concerns you may have. I will not react on any wild accusations, slander and the likes, so please keep posts on topic and refrain from any irelevant or uncalled for outbursts.

Also please note, that since we need to be absolutely certain that everything we present here will hold in every aspect, it can take a bit of time, before we can present an official answer, as we need to be sure we have all relevant documents to carry it through.

Kind regards
Steen :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Based on the current scenario from the local news in Northern Jylland, now spread worldwide on the Internet, we find it imperative to state a few facts.

The purpose of EU development funding is to promote that development of innovative ideas take place within the EU like similar programs in other regions of the world.

First of all it can be stated that Chip-con ApS already in the initial stages of applying for development funding thoroughly informed about the existence of other compressor-based cooling solutions for PC’s.

Therefore the involved authorities initiated a third party investigation on their own initiative. Chip-con ApS had no prior knowledge of the consultant performing this job.
His task was to investigate if there was a substantial difference between the technologies involved.

His conclusion was that this was indeed the case, and his investigation can now be proved by the fact that the international patent authorities find the patent application from Chip-con ApS contains both sufficient news value, level of innovation and industrial application to justify a patent.

On the other hand the same authorities do not find the patent application from Asetek to contain sufficient innovation level to justify a patent.

It has been impossible to avoid competing with Asetek as they have subsequently changed their marketing strategy, and therefore this does not affect the funding.

There is no reason to believe that Chip-con ApS should pay back any funding.
Chip-con ApS fulfilled the conditions for receiving the EU funding and has complied with all demands set forth.

The fact is that Asetek A/S accuses the authorities, the authorities is not accusing Chip-con ApS, and has forwarded no claims towards the company.

It is crystal clear to us, that Asetek A/S does not want to co-exist with Chip-con ApS, and they clearly don’t want to compete against our technology.

Even in the unlikely event that Chip-con ApS should pay back the funding please consider that Elcold Denmark ApS (a large manufacturer of freezers) is now a major shareholder in the company.

The speculation that repaying EU funding should affect Chip-con ApS at this point is ridicules – the amount of money received from the EU program is no more than 70.000 US$ (equal to minor acquisitions, ladies and gentlemen ;).

Best Regards.
Morten Espersen, CEO

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TheDude
10-23-2002, 12:42 PM
At last something that makes sense! Thanks for setting the record straight! Please continue to update us.:D

bmg
10-23-2002, 01:35 PM
It's nice to have the official word from Chip Con. I've been thinking about the supposed overlap between the vapochill and Prometeia. The Prometeia is clearly aimed at the eXtreme overclocker. Asetek has openly admitted that they have no interest in pushing to the extreme temperatures the Prometeia provides. Check out Asetek's comments in the vapochill forum as well as a recent thread on [H]ardOCP that Asetek was involved in. Asetek's introduction of the "Premium" vapochill has moved their performance closer to the Prometeia, but that product was announced long after the Prometeia. I check the vapochill forum on a regular basis and, based on Asetek's comments in the past, I was surprised when they introduced the higher performance vapochill. In the past they've stated that they couldn't see any need to push performance past what the standard vapochill provided. Bottom line, the Prometeia targets a performance level that Asetek previously publically stated that they weren't interested in providing.

Marci
10-23-2002, 02:30 PM
Now that's EXACTLY what we were hoping to hear... cheers steen!

Oh yeah... and WELCOME TO XTREME!

Marci
10-23-2002, 03:02 PM
Lets not start an argument of this kind in here... these are issues between Asetek, the funders and Chip-con... not particularly suitable for a public airing...

And whether your loaded or not, if you can get funding from external sources that means you don't have to dip into your own pocket, you don't exactly say no do ya!

I know the figures I work in aren't quite the sizes we're talking here, but I know it only takes £4000 to put on my Music Festival... I still get additional funding to make it up to £12000 just because I can. We just pump it back into the festival to make it better... and we do this on an annual basis and have done for 12 years or so now...

I have noticed that the Vapochill was originally aimed at corporate customers, and only recently have taken off in the retail market on a "less-than-underground" level... so perhaps they have changed their strategies since the issue with the consultant took place...

OPPAINTER
10-23-2002, 03:13 PM
Welcome to Xtreme Steen:toast:

How did you like MrIcee's Prometeia Review??
Damn fine review:D

OPP

Galifrey
10-23-2002, 03:19 PM
sweet Steen, as an early adopter of your excellent product this is music to my ears....

Hope it all blows over soon :D

OPPAINTER
10-23-2002, 03:22 PM
Here's one for you Steen, this should put some Buyers at ease. How about giveing Us a ETA for the units that are being shipped to Xtreme Tek Werkz??

Thanks,
OPP

bmg
10-23-2002, 03:32 PM
Here's one for you Steen, this should put some Buyers at ease. How about giveing Us a ETA for the units that are being shipped to Xtreme Tek Werkz??

Thanks,
OPP

Right on!

TheDude
10-23-2002, 03:53 PM
Here ya go OPP:

Dear Dale:

We have received official written information from Chip-Con concerning the initial shipment to the United States.

All units destined for distribution by United States distributors are still in transit and scheduled to enter United States Customs on the 28th of October 2002.

The units destined for Xtreme Tek Werkz is scheduled to arrive at our facility no later than November the 6th.

We will attempt to send out all pre-ordered and paid units on the 6th if the shipment arrives in the morning or before the United Parcel Service office closes before 6:00 PM.

We greatly appreciate your patience,

Customer Service
Xtreme Tek Werkz
www.xtwerkz.com

Its-Freezing
10-23-2002, 04:10 PM
First of all thank you very much for the "warm" (pun intended)welcome here, including all the nice ones too ;)

I will refrain from entering any public back and forth agumentation here, and only post more on this issue if absolutely unavoidable. :comp10:

I must admit I found that review avesome, and extraordinary thorough. Obviously a very labour intensive affair, it must have costed some nights sleep to cover all that.
My complements to Mr. Icee, and appologies for us beating his famous "Mean-machine heavy weight super cooler" :toast:

On the issue of ETA, I am not the right guy to ask, as I don't have all the up-to-date details.

I know that they have been sent out some time ago now (for all dealers I believe), so it could only be a matter of days before they clear customs or reach their final destinations.

Mind you, you never can predict customs clearance matters, so don't hold your breath while waiting, OK :D

The next larger load is being packed at the moment, and expected to leave shortly now :).

Cheers
Steen.

DaGooch
10-23-2002, 04:21 PM
Steen:

Very nice to see you here and I and the rest of us here hope you stay around and answer some technical questions we may have. I have a feeling this forum will have the largest number of Prometeia users very soon. :)

dynetk
10-23-2002, 05:31 PM
Indeed, it appears alot of members of this forum has preordered a Prometeia. I wonder how many have preordered one or more! :D

Pedro Rocha
10-23-2002, 06:39 PM
Welcome to Xtreme Systems Forums my friend Steen.
:toast:

I consider Steen and the rest of the Chip-con team one the best support teams I ever deal in this business. They help me a lot in the past when I have some problems with my Prometeia (even send me mails after dinner or in the weekends, clearly exceeding their professional obligations).

I'm glad that the Chip-con CEO made an explanation about the rumours... the possible explanation at this time, I admit.

I think this is typical case of EU politics, unfortunately very usual in these days in all European countries.

These kinds of rumours are not good for any company, specially a company like Chip-con that rely of user’s confidence in future developments and support.

So let us all help Chip-con by not to dramatize this problem.

MrIcee
10-23-2002, 06:45 PM
Steen:)

Welcome to the forums my friend:)

I would also like to say thank you for the very kind words, but I want everyone to know, that Steen was incredibly helpful to me in the final stages of the review, especially the insite and tips he provided as I learned to use Front Page and write my review at the same time. I indeed had some late nights...and so did Steen pointing out Front Page fixes and grammatical errors.

My hats off to you for joining our forum to come and address this thread:toast: I have sat by while hoping to hear some facts to disperse the sometimes fiction, stretched truth and half truths.

This whole thing has turned into the proverbial "small town" gossip merry-go-round, it's great to finally hear the facts from the horses mouth. Keep up the great work Steen and please stop in anytime my friend:)
Best Regards,

Randi:D

bmg
10-23-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by DaGoochMeister
Steen:

Very nice to see you here and I and the rest of us here hope you stay around and answer some technical questions we may have. I have a feeling this forum will have the largest number of Prometeia users very soon. :)

It might be interesting to start another thread and see who's got one on order or already has one. From this thread I know that TheDude has one on order in addition to myself. I'm sure there's others. MrIcee and OPP already have them, as do many (most) of the regulars here from Europe.

N8
10-24-2002, 04:00 AM
Steen,

Thanks for coming to our forums and clearing these things up, we really appreciate it :D

Bulldog20
10-24-2002, 08:02 AM
Lo me again :D,
hmm I'm not quite getting this. :rolleyes: Maybe someone can help me?
Chip-con pops in for one posting and it's all cleared up. Ask yourself this, if it's not true in any way, then why is the Dk media so interested?
Why is there another report from the EU pending?
I don't get why one post of "no Gov we never, we're striaght down the line" has cleared the whole thing up.
Sounds sooooooooooooooooooooo bais in here. I got no problem with it but it's not objective now is it?

Cheers :D

OPPAINTER
10-24-2002, 08:07 AM
Lo me again :D,
hmm I'm not quite getting this. :rolleyes: Maybe someone can help me?
Chip-con pops in for one posting and it's all cleared up. Ask yourself this, if it's not true in any way, then why is the Dk media so interested?
Why is there another report from the EU pending?
I don't get why one post of "no Gov we never, we're striaght down the line" has cleared the whole thing up.
Sounds sooooooooooooooooooooo bais in here. I got no problem with it but it's not objective now is it?

Your pushing some fighting words there Bulldog:D
Tell you what, you really want to some some action, have the Vapo guys drop by. They will recieve the same warm (pun intended) welcome that chip-con got.
Alls fair in love and war:D

OPP

Marci
10-24-2002, 08:08 AM
Cos what they've said is more or less right. The problem is between Asetek and the funders apparently, and has nothing to do with Chip-Con. All we care about is that Chip-Con stay open cos we like their product. We know Vapochill n Asetek aren't going anywhere (as in gonna close), and needed confirmation of the same from Chip-con... so that's most of our interest in the case cleared up. We don't care about the DK Media's interest or EU reports... as I said, these are only of any relevance to asetek and the funders and chip-con... not us. All we needed to know was supplies of the product wouldn't be affected.
The papers will do anything if it promotes the EU funding programs, they always have done, cos it makes the EU committee look better.... in the same light they'll do the same if it goes against the EU... that's where the media interest lies....

JCviggen
10-24-2002, 08:09 AM
Actually I think its not that biased, its just kinda that ..... well we dont give a damn about political öööö. Its pretty obvious that even in the worst case scenario chip-con wont have too much trouble with this. About the rest I cant say I really care ...... and the Danish media is not thÃ:banana:t interested, its not on any front page in huge letters is it? BTW I've been to Denmark personally and I can imagine running a paper there you're either going to end up with a thin paper or you need to write about every small detail including dogs or sheep getting run over somewhere. Its not the worlds most exciting country you know ;)

Bulldog20
10-24-2002, 08:13 AM
Your pushing some fighting words there Bulldog:D
Tell you what, you really want to some some action, have the Vapo guys drop by. They will recieve the same warm (pun intended) welcome that chip-con got.
Alls fair in love and war:D

OPP

No m8, maybe it seems that way cos I'm english:D

Puppy dog me :D Bulldog just makes me feel like a BIG dog :D

Cheers

Bulldog20
10-24-2002, 08:15 AM
Actually I think its not that biased, its just kinda that ..... well we dont give a damn about political öööö. Its pretty obvious that even in the worst case scenario chip-con wont have too much trouble with this. About the rest I cant say I really care ...... and the Danish media is not thÃ:banana:t interested, its not on any front page in huge letters is it? BTW I've been to Denmark personally and I can imagine running a paper there you're either going to end up with a thin paper or you need to write about every small detail including dogs or sheep getting run over somewhere. Its not the worlds most exciting country you know ;)

:D your here dude, so you must care, you softee you :D
I thought DK media was like say the BBC here?

Bulldog20
10-24-2002, 08:17 AM
Cos what they've said is more or less right. The problem is between Asetek and the funders apparently, and has nothing to do with Chip-Con. All we care about is that Chip-Con stay open cos we like their product. We know Vapochill n Asetek aren't going anywhere (as in gonna close), and needed confirmation of the same from Chip-con... so that's most of our interest in the case cleared up. We don't care about the DK Media's interest or EU reports... as I said, these are only of any relevance to asetek and the funders and chip-con... not us. All we needed to know was supplies of the product wouldn't be affected.
The papers will do anything if it promotes the EU funding programs, they always have done, cos it makes the EU committee look better.... in the same light they'll do the same if it goes against the EU... that's where the media interest lies....

Don't mean to be funny(see I'm learning ;) ) but if they were and I'm not saying they are, in trouble. I really can't see them telling you, me or anyone, can you?

Hardass
10-24-2002, 08:34 AM
I think if they were in trouble they would not come here at all! Rather stay away and just let everyone wonder.
Welcome to Steen and Bulldog20. Glad to have you both at Xtreme.:toast:

Bulldog20
10-24-2002, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Hardass
I think if they were in trouble they would not come here at all! Rather stay away and just let everyone wonder.

Nice to be welcomed.

Galifrey
10-24-2002, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Hardass

Bah! no-one welcomed me....

/me goes and sulks in the corner :(

Jupiler
10-24-2002, 09:36 AM
Bah! no-one welcomed me....

/me goes and sulks in the corner :(

Welcome to Xtreme Galifrey :banana: :banana:

Galifrey
10-24-2002, 09:44 AM
hehe Thanks....

dint bother me honest :D

Marci
10-25-2002, 10:16 AM
Has someone been deleting posts?? There was a post by bulldog directly above this one:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?postid=45633#post45633

It was there yesterday, and was the post that provoked my response at the link above... seems pointless havin a forum if bitsa threads are gonna disappear making ppls comments look just plain stoopid...

Bulldog20
10-25-2002, 10:58 AM
Has someone been deleting posts?? There was a post by bulldog directly above this one:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?postid=45633#post45633

It was there yesterday, and was the post that provoked my response at the link above... seems pointless havin a forum if bitsa threads are gonna disappear making ppls comments look just plain stoopid...

Lo, I have deleted the post, as I felt I was not in a position to ask such questions.
I think thats the one your on about :D
sorry about that :)

Cheers

Wolf
10-25-2002, 11:02 AM
This is just my opinion and frankly I'm glad Vapochill is losing business now because of their arrogance and inability to give us what we wanted for a couple of years now. I think that rumor is BS by vapochill to discredit the Prometia. It's not our fault Vapochill dropped the ball and wouldn't build their system with a more powerful compressor. Then a new company comes along that blows the doors off vapochills performance and they are claiming copyright infringement and other BS. If Vapochill would have got off their butts a long time ago and realized their cooling solution wasn't cutting it and released a better product, they wouldn't be looking like such slackers right now. I know right now I would never own a vapochill. Looks like their arrogance and what they thought we wanted will lose them a lot of business. All those years of saying they had enough cooling power when it was actually not even close to what is needed will bite them in the butt. Right now a far superior cooling solution is making their product look like an air cooled heatsink and they rush out the improved version. Competition is good and I'm glad Astek is getting a taste of what happens when you think you have the market cornered and customers at your mercy.

bmg
10-25-2002, 11:14 AM
Wolf is correct. Myself and others asked Asetek about the possibility of a higher performing Vapochill, and Asetek always said they weren't interested and that their studies showed there was no point, since other factors limited the overclock once the temperature was down to the level the vapochill provides. I'm sure Bulldog and Friar Tuck remember this. The Prometeia became available which gives us what we asked for. The premium vapochill seems like a reaction to the Prometeia's success. Would it even be available if Chip Con hadn't started selling the Prometeia? Based on Asetek's prior comments in their forum I really doubt it.

Bulldog20
10-25-2002, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by bmg
Wolf is correct. Myself and others asked Asetek about the possibility of a higher performing Vapochill, and Asetek always said they weren't interested and that their studies showed there was no point, since other factors limited the overclock once the temperature was down to the level the vapochill provides. I'm sure Bulldog and Friar Tuck remember this. The Prometeia became available which gives us what we asked for. The premium vapochill seems like a reaction to the Prometeia's success. Would it even be available if Chip Con hadn't started selling the Prometeia? Based on Asetek's prior comments in their forum I really doubt it.

Lo, I would say he's not correct. I don't see why asetek are losing sales. You know something I don't?
The BD50 compressor has been in the pipe line for a fair while. I should think it takes time to setup an in house building production line. The whole vapochill is made in Asetek workshops, case included. The SE & PE where probably planned long before Prom came around. It takes time to design and release a new product.
You remember the rumours of the dual unit, I beleive the compressor used in testing was the BD50, if they spent time testing and configing the BD50 then why not use it.
Thing is, all the vapo was upgraded, not just the compressor. Asetek have found new production processes to lower the prices and improve the product.
I see no problem with that. :D
Cheers

bmg
10-25-2002, 12:02 PM
Unless my memory is faulty I recall threads asking about the BD50 compressor in a single processor vapochill and Asetek shooting down the idea.

I agree that Asetek's sales volume is probably going up rather than down, especially with the new pricing and improvements. I got a lot of good use out of my old vapochill (from the first shipment of the Socket version into the US), but am looking forward to getting my Prometeia for more Xtreme cooling.

Friar Tuck
10-25-2002, 05:04 PM
Originally posted by bmg

We are always ...all of us, looking for higher performing units / peripherals, CPU's etc.. for overclocking. :p

Asetek, like most other companies, pursue a slow but steady improvement of their product.

When the need for a more powerful and bigger compressor arose, Asetek had already been testing it for some time, making sure that all the bugs were ironed out before releasing it for general retail sale.

I have been pushing Asetek to produce a 120 / 240 volt compressor unit myself, but they would only release it if they saw the need, after first pre-testing it extensively.

I believe that there WILL be a larger more powerful Vapochill unit eventually, with a bigger higher capacity compressor, but it will only be released when Asetek are completely satisfied that :

1 : There is a need for such a unit.

2: It has been extensively tested by Asetek.

3: There is a viable market for the unit.

4: Lastly...that I get one first. :D

FT.

Tony
10-25-2002, 05:55 PM
I firmly believe in competition, and im thrilled that both Asetek and Chip-con have reps now on these boards.I also hope that in the spirit of good will, Asetek will try and help sort what ever situation there is out, and push to bring us a product that is as good or better than the Prometeia. This will push Chip-con to fight back with the consumer gaining better products and the technology behind these products intern will evolve which has got to be good for every one.

Thanks again chaps for dropping by :toast:

Bigtoe...a very happy Prometeia user.

Bravo
10-26-2002, 12:03 AM
Its easy to understand Asetek reacting the way they did. The last arse-hole to provide phase change cooling technology was one of their resellers.

Personally, I could not give a öööö whether Asetek, or Chip-Con are left standing, as long as there continues to be phase-change technology available at decent prices (Vapochill prices have been very competitive of late ;)).