PDA

View Full Version : Water mixture?

NyCUndaGrounD
10-21-2002, 08:44 PM
What type of water mixture would be the most optimal cooling for a water-cooling setup?

IFMU
10-21-2002, 09:04 PM
The best that I have heard of. Presuming its a closed system.
Make it about 95% Water 5% Water Wetter/antifreeze (or something to that effect)
I personally dont know about water wetter real well. Havent messed with it much.
It doesnt take much really. Just enough to kill any lil bacteria that might grow inside.
Now, if its an open system (i.e. bong etc) then I wouldnt suggest using much of anything if anything at all. Maybe every so often add in some alchohol if you dont want to break it down to clean fully. But very little and continue to flush it out till its out so you dont end up breathing it all in.

Hardass
10-22-2002, 02:12 AM
If I remember right, 75% Distilled water, 15% Antifreeze, 10% Waterwetter. :)

Tweaked!
10-22-2002, 03:21 AM
50% distilled water, 45% Jackdaniels, 5% Ice. Should get you there quicker;)

Hardass
10-22-2002, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by Tweaked!
50% distilled water, 45% Jackdaniels, 5% Ice. Should get you there quicker;)
Jeez, How can you ruin Jack by adding water and ice?:D

Tweaked!
10-22-2002, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Hardass
Jeez, How can you ruin Jack by adding water and ice?:D

I was just trying to ease him in, I personnally wouldn't touch nothing less than 101 Turkey;)

will_perdikakis
10-22-2002, 08:48 AM
Pure water is always the best.

Additives such as Water Wetter just break the surface tension of the water, which does help with cooling, but mostly helps with bleeding an in-line system.

You could just add soap to do the same thing.

Anti-freeze (Ethylene Gylcol) is a horrible heat transfer medium, it is good as an anti-bacteria agent because of the additives. But then again, so is bleach.

To get very good, if not the best, water cooling medium, try water, a dash of bleach and a dash of soap. That is grandmas receipe. :)

NyCUndaGrounD
10-22-2002, 09:00 AM
yeah i think ill try your grandmas recipe. :banana:

BermudaTriad
10-28-2002, 07:49 PM
my recipe, mixed in my 5-gallon bucket chiller reservoir
2-3 gallons distilled water
2-4 liters of SKYY triple charcoal-filtered vodka

and a swizzle straw! :toast: