PDA

View Full Version : Dragon MidTower Case - Question w/space

Funbags
08-18-2004, 10:06 AM
Hello,

Anyone with a mid-tower dragon cheiftec or one of its varients please measure the space between their PSU and the Top 5 1/2 drive bay thing Much appreciated!

- John

Karnivore
08-18-2004, 11:07 AM
5 3/8 between the PSU and drive cage, 11 inches total between the back inside and the drive cage.

Funbags
08-18-2004, 11:12 AM
sweet.. Thanks!

That 11 Inchs was the total length from like the front of the cage to the back of the PSU right?

Karnivore
08-18-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Funbags
sweet.. Thanks!

That 11 Inchs was the total length from like the front of the cage to the back of the PSU right?

This should clear it up....

Funbags
08-18-2004, 11:55 AM
I thought the case had a 19 inch depth?

Karnivore
08-18-2004, 12:08 PM
This is an Aluminum Chenming 601, thats what it measures, thats all i can tell ya...

Funbags
08-18-2004, 04:52 PM
Thanks for the help bro.

My case should be here tomorrow or friday, but I was just tryign to plan out where I am going to mount this Massive Rad.

Karnivore
08-18-2004, 05:50 PM
Kind of figured that, LMK if the measurements differ on yours, kind of curious now, lol. What RAD you mounting?

Funbags
08-18-2004, 05:54 PM
The Bonnie core :)

Funbags
08-18-2004, 06:01 PM
I think I might have to make a external enclouse for this to sit on top of the case... Unless I mount it in front... But then i loose all my 3.5 bays.. Based on your measurements I wont fit this thing up top.. Unless there is more then a 2 inch gap between the PS and the top of the case, so it over laps a inch.

I really need the case in my hands to do some measurements.. I am just to excited i guess lol...

I wouldnt mind doing a little external enclosure that mounts on top of the case.. This will get the freshest cool air going thru the rad...

But mounting it in the case make it nice and compact. Not that I have to move the case around or anything, so i guess it dont friggin matter...

ah just rambleing... later

Funbags
08-18-2004, 06:01 PM
The rad is 12Lx6Wx2D

Karnivore
08-18-2004, 06:24 PM
I know the feeling, dang UPS/FedX guys are always late :stick:

Sounds like you'll have a nice system, If you have a camera, document your progress! Either way look forward to your results :thumbsup:

Funbags
08-18-2004, 06:44 PM
I have a digital.. I will document the whole mess i will create.. with my skillz I should have this thing running in no time..

btw i have no skillz

Karnivore
08-18-2004, 06:55 PM
I have a digital.. I will document the whole mess i will create.. with my skillz I should have this thing running in no time..

btw i have no skillz

LOL, sounds great, looking forward to it!

Funbags
08-18-2004, 07:36 PM
Yea me too.. Cept my fiance is freaking cause I have all these parts coming everyday. I think fedex came weds and thursday last week.. And they came every single day this week except monday! ( Case coming tomorrow, Block s are due im tomorrow and my pump too)

She is like WTF! Then tonight at homedepot she was going nuts cause i spent a hour there picking out the parts i needed and BSing with the depot guy about fittings..

And to top it off she was like WTF do you need a car radiator for..... I paused for a good 30 seconds.. and came up with, you didnt see my car leaking water? Its the core baby.. (mean while its the AC dripping) LOL... ah women.

Only game she likes is doom 3, and she played for a whopping 5 min then she was freaked out for a week.

fareastgq
08-27-2004, 02:00 PM
Yea me too.. Cept my fiance is freaking cause I have all these parts coming everyday. I think fedex came weds and thursday last week.. And they came every single day this week except monday! ( Case coming tomorrow, Block s are due im tomorrow and my pump too)

She is like WTF! Then tonight at homedepot she was going nuts cause i spent a hour there picking out the parts i needed and BSing with the depot guy about fittings..

And to top it off she was like WTF do you need a car radiator for..... I paused for a good 30 seconds.. and came up with, you didnt see my car leaking water? Its the core baby.. (mean while its the AC dripping) LOL... ah women.

Only game she likes is doom 3, and she played for a whopping 5 min then she was freaked out for a week.

Laf, here's a better solution, tell her the truth so she doesn't come with you next time, hehe. I tell my gf bedtime stories about building and modding, she falls asleep within a min literally, laf. She asks me to tell her about them when she can't sleep too, :smileysex :smileysex