PDA

View Full Version : help with temp

jarthel
10-21-2002, 05:28 PM
this is very weird. I have a Delta 49cfm and the MCX4000. The HSF is not even warm! but the temp I'm getting from the winbond doctor is like 60+C on 100% load.

It's hot here right now with temps outside ranging from 34C to 36C. But even when the aircon is on, I still get 60+C degrees. And that's with an electric fan running too.

I reapplied a new layer of AS3 which helped a bit. It seems to making good contact by looking at the AS3 imprinted on the HSF after removing it. But I still want something lower.

Also I removed the side panel of the case.

Can someone explain? maybe the HSF is not doing it's job?

thank you :)

jayel

ps. for setup, look at sig

mike.elmes
10-21-2002, 05:44 PM
Welcome to Xtreme Jayel!!

What kind of temps do you have with stock voltage at stock speed??

That would be probably be the best way to compare. What voltage are you using to stay stable at 2.8ghz?

See if you can back off your voltage now that you have burned in that cpu by now.

Give us some voltage specs from the hardware monitor in Bios at stock speeds....just to see where you are at factory.

Cheers,

mike

Shade
10-21-2002, 05:56 PM
Do you have any other HS to try?

MudWhistle
10-21-2002, 06:43 PM
I would return that BD7II if you could, I had 4 boards so far die on me with the weird temp sensor issues, it seems to be a fairly common issue with the BD7II boards. How old is your board?, of all the BD7II boards I have sold, the ones that exibit the temp sensor problems slowly died over a 2 month or so period. I'm not trying to scare you, just telling you what I have seen from the 20 or so BD7II's that have passed through my store.

jarthel
10-21-2002, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by mike.elmes
Welcome to Xtreme Jayel!!

What kind of temps do you have with stock voltage at stock speed??

That would be probably be the best way to compare. What voltage are you using to stay stable at 2.8ghz?

See if you can back off your voltage now that you have burned in that cpu by now.

Give us some voltage specs from the hardware monitor in Bios at stock speeds....just to see where you are at factory.

Cheers,

mike

Well I didn't really run the CPU on stock speed. stock voltage possibly. I did the volt pin mod on Saturday. The default now is 1.7V but with BD7-2 under volting, it's getting 1.62V at idle and 1.58 on load. I'll try and see the temps at original speed.

Jayel

jarthel
10-21-2002, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by MudWhistle
I would return that BD7II if you could, I had 4 boards so far die on me with the weird temp sensor issues, it seems to be a fairly common issue with the BD7II boards. How old is your board?, of all the BD7II boards I have sold, the ones that exibit the temp sensor problems slowly died over a 2 month or so period. I'm not trying to scare you, just telling you what I have seen from the 20 or so BD7II's that have passed through my store.
not good news at all :( what board would you recommend? I like the IT7 except for the price and the fact that it doesn't have com1 (means I need to spend more again). I need a serial port for my 56k modem. :)

jayel

MudWhistle
10-23-2002, 04:55 AM
Jarthel:

I have built a few Asus P4B-533 boards, they are pretty solid boards, not sure if they have the features you are looking for but they are definatly comparable to the BD7-II.