PDA

View Full Version : Need advice!

^^Gord^^
10-21-2002, 06:57 AM
Hey all,

I've come to the point where my Alpha PAL8045 can't keep my temps down to what I want.

Currently getting 59c load and a case temp of around 32 to 34c in a room of about 23c.

Time to get some more cooling power and I think that is going to mean water. Maybe even a TEC and water.

Thats where I need your help. I know jack about water cooling. I want a system to cooler my current 1800+ @ 1800Mhz (2v vcore) but also have enough capacity for a 2400+ overclocked.

My current Coolermaster 210 case is going to have to be moved to the backroom cause I don't think its possible to fit a H2O kit in it. I've got a YY Cube case that should give me enough room.

Anyone got any tips on fitting water cooling in a YY Cube? If I should got for just water or water and a TEC? What kit should I be looking for - I have a limited choice in the UK but here is a list of one I know I can get...

Black Ice Pro radiators
Danger Den waterblocks
Eheim pumps
OCPC waterblocks
Overclockers Hideout waterblocks / radiators
OCH Anodized Reservoir
Swiftech kit

Thanks!

N8
10-21-2002, 07:17 AM
^^Gord^^,

Welcome to Xtreme :)

I'm not familiar with that case...do you have a link to specs/pics ?

From what I've studied/learned the heater cores win the radiator department hands down, there is no sense in buying anything else unless space is a big issue and you can't fit a heatercore.

Dangerden, Swiftech, & D-Tek all seem to have nice blocks that perform well...I don't think you'd be disappointed with any of them if availablity is what's keeping ya from buying one over the other.

Eheim pumps are great. A bit on the spensive side for my taste, but great nonetheless.

Good luck! Feel free to ask any questions and we'll try to help ya out. :D

^^Gord^^
10-21-2002, 07:28 AM
This is my case....

http://www.procooling.com/reviews/html/yycase_review.shtml

What is a heatercore? Can you suggest any makes?

Thanks.

N8
10-21-2002, 07:40 AM
A heatercore is what an automobile uses to heat the inside. Its basically a small radiator that a blower fan pushes air thru and the warm coolant heats up the interior of the automobile. A 1987 Chevrolet Chevette heater core works mighty nice :)

It looks like you've got plenty of room over on the right hand side of that case if you can spare some drive bays :D

Tweaked!
10-21-2002, 09:08 AM
For a simple yet effective setup, look at the Swiftech. It's a decent performer for the money.