08-10-2004, 06:41 PM
at the Outpost

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4082622

JohnClark
08-14-2004, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Arkangyl
at the Outpost

http://shop1.outpost.com/product/4082622

GREAT find, thanks. Just placed my order.

John

JohnClark
08-14-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by JohnClark
GREAT find, thanks. Just placed my order.

John

Well, the good news is that it IS a great price, from a good vendor. And only $9.00 for two day shipping. And, it "appeared" as if they were in stock, or, at least there was no indication they weren't, which I expect a reputable merchant to provide. The bad news? I just called them, and their next shipment isnt due in until 8/29, and that isnt even enough to fill the orders they had taken previously :(

I will leave the order open, but I cant wait for more than a couple weeks, my 9700 Pro is crapping out on me, and leaving yellow, or blue patterns covering my entire monitor screen, making it impossible to play games or even surf for long. Damn, WHEN are either these, the BFG 6800 GT, or the ATI X800XT PE going to be AVAILABLE somewhere? Or somewhere who isnt indulging in absolute thievery with their $100.00 above list markups! Damn this is frustrating, I'm not just trying to upgrade, I'm trying to replace a failing video card so I can keep computing.

John

Arkangyl
08-14-2004, 10:12 AM
well I got mine yesterday so there were SOME in stock :)

464 core, 1240 mem stock OC thats Coolbits approved. Crash often in 3D thought but this is with a CRAPPY generic 420w PSU... Time to go Fotron or OCZ :) always knew I needed one, now I've got a reason...

JohnClark
08-14-2004, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Arkangyl
well I got mine yesterday so there were SOME in stock :)

464 core, 1240 mem stock OC thats Coolbits approved. Crash often in 3D thought but this is with a CRAPPY generic 420w PSU... Time to go Fotron or OCZ :) always knew I needed one, now I've got a reason...

Congrats on getting yours. How long ago did you place the order?

John

JohnClark
08-14-2004, 11:57 AM
I just talked to Dell, and believe it or not, they really DO have ATI X800XT PE's in stock. It is available for $460 something (cant remember the exact price), plus tax (for many states).
I just placed an order for a total of $489.73 including tax and shipping. I have an order number and a guarantee that it will ship within six business days or less. I can live with that. All in all, a very good deal for a great card that isnt available anywhere! And that takes care of a critical element for my soon to be built pc.

John

Arkangyl
08-15-2004, 08:14 PM
Ordered Tuesday, got Friday :) Ohio to Mass via Airbourne Express...