PDA

View Full Version : need input!!

JBELL
02-18-2002, 12:32 PM
I bought a SX1040B antec SOHO case

I am gonna drill out a 120mm Panaflo blowhoel on top and add either one or two suckholes on the bottom...

question being should I have 1 suck hole or 2? having two ssounds better to me becuase that would create ''positive'' airpressure - meaning the air would never have an chance to build up dust liek it would if I only had a blowhole...

is it really worth the work?

Also before all this I am stripping the case and gonna krylon the skeleton a bright color - maybe green or orange so when I do my window and blacklight the S O B will glow like a daisy cutter bomb dropped at 2AM in afghanistan!!

Smizack
02-18-2002, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by JBell
I bought a SX1040B antec SOHO case

I am gonna drill out a 120mm Panaflo blowhoel on top and add either one or two suckholes on the bottom...

question being should I have 1 suck hole or 2? having two ssounds better to me becuase that would create ''positive'' airpressure - meaning the air would never have an chance to build up dust liek it would if I only had a blowhole...

is it really worth the work?

Yeah, you always want + pressure, I have 3 sucking in and 2 blowing out.
I'd put 2 sucking in. But I'm always screwin with stuff. On that case you could put an 80mm in the front and remain pretty inconsipuous. I'd go for it!

Also before all this I am stripping the case and gonna krylon the skeleton a bright color - maybe green or orange so when I do my window and blacklight the S O B will glow like a daisy cutter bomb dropped at 2AM in afghanistan!!

LMAO!!
Dude! Orange would look sweet! That's what I'm gonna do on my next case. I want it to be glow in the dark though.

JBELL
02-18-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by Smizack

LMAO!!
Dude! Orange would look sweet! That's what I'm gonna do on my next case. I want it to be glow in the dark though.

Well my thinking is when people see ti at night I can say - 'I dunno one day after overclocking the chipset it just started doing that - its looks cool and I don't think it is harmfull... is being over 2GHz bad for health??

Smizack
02-18-2002, 01:02 PM
LMAO!!
You'd get the non-computer junkies scared!!

"I'm not sure, but I think it's giving me radiation poisoning!"
:D :D

JBELL
02-18-2002, 01:04 PM
LMAO!!
You'd get the non-computer junkies scared!!

"I'm not sure, but I think it's giving me radiation poisoning!"
:D :D

yeah and see this tattoo on my arm - I think it is some wierd growth from the clock speed frequency... and it looks EXACTLY liek the AMD logo - this :banana::banana::banana::banana: has me buggin' dude!

I forgot to add - the case has 2 80mm front and back - 4 total as factory stock... I am gonna have 2 80mm up front and the suckhole(s) and move the 2 rear 80mm to suck in as well with a duct directly onto my CPU heat sink (hhc-001 heatpipe) which has a delta 38 on it.

Think my temps will be low enough? LMAO

JBELL
02-18-2002, 01:06 PM
I went to COMPUSA today also - they wanted the black antec case badged as an enermax with a 360 watt PSU and it was 160 bucks!!!! I bought the real deal ANTEC black case with 400Watt PSU for 119

jesus some companies really want to rape you!

Smizack
02-18-2002, 01:09 PM

yeah and see this tattoo on my arm - I think it is some wierd growth from the clock speed frequency... and it looks EXACTLY liek the AMD logo - this :banana::banana::banana::banana: has me buggin' dude!

HAHAA!!
And is it normal if your pee glows in the dark??:p

I forgot to add - the case has 2 80mm front and back - 4 total as factory stock... I am gonna have 2 80mm up front and the suckhole(s) and move the 2 rear 80mm to suck in as well with a duct directly onto my CPU heat sink (hhc-001 heatpipe) which has a delta 38 on it.

Think my temps will be low enough? LMAO

Excellent! you should be pretty much set up already then.

JBELL
02-18-2002, 01:12 PM

HAHAA!!
And is it normal if your pee glows in the dark??

yours doesn't? ... daaaamn.... it's fun! instant night light...

now for those wet dreams - that :banana::banana::banana::banana: will blind you! LMAO

Smizack
02-18-2002, 01:17 PM
I went to COMPUSA today also - they wanted the black antec case badged as an enermax with a 360 watt PSU and it was 160 bucks!!!! I bought the real deal ANTEC black case with 400Watt PSU for 119

jesus some companies really want to rape you!

Not as bad as the crappy stores around here. I was browsing last week, and came across an Athalon 900. I just curiously asked the guy "how much" and he replies "$189.99"

I told him To reproduce himself ;)

Smizack
02-18-2002, 01:19 PM

yours doesn't? ... daaaamn.... it's fun! instant night light...

now for those wet dreams - that :banana::banana::banana::banana: will blind you! LMAO

AAAHAHAHA!!
:p :p

I think if that happened, I'd be pissing on all kinds of things... That would be pretty sweet I guess!!:D