PDA

View Full Version : Line broke. Leaked. ARG!

Big_Baller868
08-09-2004, 06:45 PM
Ok well being the noob at AC that I am things are bound to go wrong.

I bought a pipe bender a little too late.

I was trying to bend the main copper pipe to fit into my home made and not too shabby it if I say so myself resevoir.

Here's the damage.

It was pretty hard even getting the pipe bender around the tubing. I thought I might have already made a kink but I was close. So close. then I just moved this little "wire" out of the way and HISS!!. Well I came running out of my room with this infernal contraption hissing as my parents drop their jaws....Yes I know, I was working in my room and thats a no no...but I'd be pretty hard to move from the garage to my room.

http://home.comcast.net/~petervaneenoo/dd.jpg

Well I can't stop now. What do I do? All the refrigerant has escaped by now. We recently got central air put in. Do you think I could get the service guys to come out and help me? hehe. Anyone live near me? Should I scrap it?

JSU
08-10-2004, 12:11 AM
wow a cap tube break.... well you realy dont have too many options, either you repair /refill it yourself or have someone else do it. If you did it yourself you would need alot of tools

you would put a larger pipe over those 2 then crimp it then braze it when you where done witht htat do the standard triple eac adnd fill......

Blergo
08-10-2004, 05:34 AM
look on the bright side, you now have an excuse to change the cap tube and refrigerant for something more suitable for your heat load and the temperatures you want to get :)

OCme
08-10-2004, 06:23 AM
i had the same thing happen to me & it very disheartening... blergo & jsu had good advice for u. i went to three different heat/air guys here in town, but none of them really had chiller experience & understood wut i wanted to do... my advice to u, if u can't find anyone local to help u, would be to pm either chilly1 or gary & either send yur unit to them to work on or have them build u a kick *ss system from scratch... sorry, but no cheep alternatives from here:(