Gizmo
08-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Can someone plz help me with my cpu??

I have:

Epox ep-8rda3g Motherboard
Amd Athlon xp 2600+ Barton
1. 256m PC2700 + 1. 512m PC2700 Ram/Mem
Radeon 9200

I tryed to overclock it but max is 180 Fsb * 11,5, vcore 1,7V, the mp stand on 11,5(locked) but is it possible to open it?? Have heard you can connect L5 nr 3 on the cpu to make it mobile?
Dont understand, Plz help me to unlock this.
Sry my eglish is bad, Im from Norway :confused:

STEvil
08-06-2004, 04:08 PM
your english is fine.. try reading polish (at least I think it was polish) translated via google!! ;)

What memory timings are you using? Your ram could be limiting you there. I would also make sure you are running single channel since you are using sticks that differ from each other (in size at least, if not chip brand also).

You can also unlock the processor that way quite often, just remember to take some superglue or nail polish and put a coat of that over the laser cuts first so you dont get any conductive material into the hole.

Trace pen, conductive ink, or rear window defogger repair kits all work well for unlocking usually.

MG Chemicals makes an excellent silver based trace pen, though its kinda large for tight work if you arent carefull ;)

Gizmo
08-06-2004, 04:16 PM
Reading polish,lol!!! :slobber:

I think you meen 333 hz ram??

Same channel, I think soo..

But it is L5 the 3'th from the left to open it?? I can use rear window defogger repair kits, that I understand what it is. So fill the hole with nail polish and then use repair kit over? I heard that nforce dont accept mobile cpu??? :eek:

STEvil
08-06-2004, 04:45 PM
I'm running mobiles in both my boards (a7n8x-deluxe 1.04 and dfi infinity) with no probs.

At 180mhz+ if you have your memory timings too tight your board or ram may not be stable. The a7n8x is a good example of this as I can run up to 200 with loose timings or 185 tight, even with ram capable of doing 250mhz+.

As to which bridge it is an whether you want it open or closed, I am not sure.. its been a long time since I used a locked CPU ;)

To open them, however, you can use a 9v battery with wires attached to the ends. Attach pins or needles to the wires then press the tips of the pins/needles to the contact points of the bridge you want to open and the contact under the surface that the laser would have normally cut will melt open.

Gizmo
08-06-2004, 04:55 PM
a7n8x is that nforce system??

Okey,, My L5 3'th is laser cut'ed so I most connect it like you said.

And how do you close a threads,,, I got multi?? close the one in amd?

Gizmo
08-06-2004, 05:12 PM
And does someone have a guid to "Unlock" my CPU, with picture and really good manual for my amd athlon xp 2600+ Barton:)

STEvil
08-07-2004, 06:16 AM
I think there is an interactive guide available on overclockers.com

Gizmo
08-09-2004, 03:43 AM
Okey I think I will try the pin-Modding type and see If I can sett the mp on 12,5*

Thanks for all the help I got.. Wish me god luck, lol :D