PDA

View Full Version : Prometeia review is up

MrIcee
10-19-2002, 12:22 PM
Full Prometeia Review (http://www.xtremesystems.org/mricee/images/myweb4/prometeia.htm) is here. Enjoy my friends:)

Randi:D

OPPAINTER
10-19-2002, 12:46 PM
Ecxellent my man:toast:

I would have posted earlier but It took me an hour to read :D J/K

Great work, can you post my next review?? I like the seperate page thing and the xtreme logos on the pictures.

OPP

bmg
10-19-2002, 12:55 PM
Nicely done. I enjoyed reading it all. Hope these really arrive here in the US next week.

Jeff
10-19-2002, 01:00 PM
Nice review. :thumbsup: Really makes you wish you had a Prometeia. ;)

PiLsY
10-19-2002, 01:27 PM
Randi - if you want to add a bit to that review about modding the cooling head ive got a ton of pics and could write up some instructions and stuff. Mail me if youre interested.

PiLsY.

MrIcee
10-19-2002, 01:40 PM
Thank you very much guys:) This was a long time coming, in the last weeks I had to get MS FrontPage and LEARN the program as I went ,with NO instruction, because I couldn't get the review published the way I wanted it. Its the way I want it now, LOL:toast: I have to give Steen Hansen major thanks as he assisted me with pointers using FrontPage, and also my son who tidied up the margins etc, today. Joe and Chris put up with alot of grief from me in pm's and IM's trying to teach me how to post and publish this puppy. Thanks to all indeed ! :D

OPP...I'd be happy to do up your review for you as I have in the past....and also promo it. Send it along when you are ready:)

PiLsY:) Write up your mod job..with pics...and I'll edit an article for you in the same format, publish and promo it....would be my pleasure as always.

Thru Joe and Chris I know now how to get this done(published) in web page format which will be amajor plus for us in the future:)

PiLsY
10-19-2002, 01:44 PM
No clue at all how to do html or any of that gubbins - is a word document with pics ok? I'll try adn get it done tomorrow afternoon if I can find time m8.

PiLsY.

sysfailur
10-19-2002, 01:48 PM
Just thought I'd say Randi, nice review, but the #1 spot for 4600 + AMD belongs to Silver from overclockers.com (http://service.madonion.com/compare?2k1=4595257).

Someone had to be the party pooper :P Go get them 40.xx drivers working! :banana:

MrIcee
10-19-2002, 01:49 PM
PiLsY:)

Best thing is to write it in Notepad. Name your pics in numerical insertion order. As you write the guide...write insertion points where you want the pics in the final edition. Zip it altogether and email it to me. I'll rewrite it to your spec in FrontPage and insert the pics...let you review it first then we'll publish it up:)

MrIcee
10-19-2002, 01:53 PM
Sys:)

My mistake....but I should have stated with a standard AXP and not T-bred. Still all in all..I can't complain...as he needed 2277Mhz to get around me by a mere 105 points. If I had a Ti4600 to run(Hardass just bought mine), at 2316Mhz I'd be pushing close to, if not over17,000 points.:)

sysfailur
10-19-2002, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by MrIcee
Sys:)

My mistake....but I should have stated with a standard AXP and not T-bred. Still all in all..I can't complain...as he needed 2277Mhz to get around me by a mere 105 points. If I had a Ti4600 to run(Hardass just bought mine), at 2316Mhz I'd be pushing close to, if not over17,000 points.:)

No doubt, but hey, you're #1 AMD + 9700. No complaining!! :)

eva2000
10-19-2002, 04:12 PM
nice.. but didn't know the thing would be that bloody heavy @27kg .. add some gear and easily 30+kg :eek:

mook
10-19-2002, 04:59 PM
Yeah, one hell of a review Randi....well done. :toast:

Great reading....maybe Asetek *cough* will read it and consider coughing up a Vapo for a side/side comparison :D

N8
10-19-2002, 05:19 PM
Ain't had time to read it yet but wanted to say THX for the review MrIcee :)

TheDude
10-19-2002, 06:39 PM
Excellent review! Answered all my questions and I had a lot! I can't wait til mine gets here!:D

QuadDamage
10-19-2002, 08:54 PM
very nice indeed Randi:toast:

fireandsmoke
10-19-2002, 10:05 PM
Mr Icee,
Very well done. A professionally prepared piece...
So, THAT'S IT! I'm gettin' one! Mortgage be damn*d
Wonder when commercially available custom Prommy cases will be available from the modders?
f&s

OPPAINTER
10-19-2002, 10:47 PM
And don't forget guy's if you go to Xtreme Tek Werkz to get one of these units to tell them you want the OPPAINTER discount, or tell them I sent you I guess:D They'll throw in some free stuff or discount or somthing:D
http://www.xtwerkz.com/Xtreme_Cooling.htm

OPP

JBELL
10-20-2002, 12:54 AM
killer review my friend - your best masterpiece yet!

LORD
10-20-2002, 03:30 AM
Well done. I enjoyed reading it.

:)

Pedro Rocha
10-20-2002, 06:30 AM
Excellent review my friend !!

:toast:

Just one detail, for avoid condensation problems it is better to put a lot more seal-string than I see in this photo in your review.

Also, to eliminate the "airpocket efect" is recommendable to put self-adhesive in the thermal bus.

Please see my microfreezer photo.

majormav
10-20-2002, 07:53 AM
just read through the review randi and what an excellent peice of work you have produced as usual :toast: :thumbsup:

bass
10-20-2002, 08:04 AM
Hi Randi thats the best prometeia review i've seen to date and i've seen them all.... Cracking work keep it up.:D

Bravo
10-20-2002, 08:06 AM
Couple of pointers for the pages:
1. Make sure the title HTML tag for each page is set.
2. Make a drop down box to navigate between pages. This is effective if people want to rush to the end and see your overclocking results.
3. Create a Title page with the Company's URL, a basic picture, a short blurb about what your reviewing and also remember to keep you hit counters on the first page only.
4. Design a layout page, and use this. There is some horrible formatting going on there. Generally keep all tables solid 1pt lines, and keep all pictures within tables (which are 0pt).
5. Perhaps including the XS.org logo on the bottom of the page?

The review was quite informative, however, the actual page lay outs, and the way the information was arranged (As well as formating) needs some work. If you like, i could prepare an example and mail it to you? Its fairly simple :)

OPPAINTER
10-20-2002, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Sinnah
Couple of pointers for the pages:
1. Make sure the title HTML tag for each page is set.
2. Make a drop down box to navigate between pages. This is effective if people want to rush to the end and see your overclocking results.
3. Create a Title page with the Company's URL, a basic picture, a short blurb about what your reviewing and also remember to keep you hit counters on the first page only.
4. Design a layout page, and use this. There is some horrible formatting going on there. Generally keep all tables solid 1pt lines, and keep all pictures within tables (which are 0pt).
5. Perhaps including the XS.org logo on the bottom of the page?

The review was quite informative, however, the actual page lay outs, and the way the information was arranged (As well as formating) needs some work. If you like, i could prepare an example and mail it to you? Its fairly simple :)

Sinnah,

How about we get you to put up our reviews?? The layout you described is what I would like for my reviews. Can it be done??

OPP

MrIcee
10-20-2002, 09:22 AM
Sinnah:)

Thank you for the constructive thoughts:)
I was under pressure to get this thing out so alot of the little things you mentioned did not get fixed for the sake of getting it published.
1) I was aware the tags weren't right
2) It was too late for me to insert a drop down box..I had planned to insert one into my revised template
3)I had intended to use tables more extensively in the revised template for the pics etc, to help keep the formatting uniform. It's currently formatted for full screen view, previous it was formatted for a screen view with say your favorites menu open. I chose the worse of 2 evils rather than spending hours(for me) redoing the entire review.

I would entertain sending you a blank template of the review pages, and have you work you're magic on it for me. This would be very beneficial and alleviate some more of the learning curve for me. I'll drop you an email my friend:)

OPPAINTER
10-20-2002, 09:55 AM
I think the hot item is to have one lay out that can be used on all the reviews, in fact I know this is what we need. We should have a guy that knows how to post it in this layout. this would be you MrIcee, once you have some kind of standard templete. I hate to admit it but I like Icrontics layout, except instead of page#s it could give the categories in the pop up box.:D http://www.icrontic.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=167

OPP

Bulldog
10-20-2002, 11:24 AM
In a word EXCELLENT..in fact I posted it and sent it out, I was very impressed with quality of review..finally a quality review by a RESPECTED clocker...:toast: :toast:

Bravo
10-20-2002, 11:41 AM
Mr. Icee, I will prepare a sample page of the Prometeia review for you, including the title page i described, and a page at random from the review you posted.

Might be best to PM me an email, you can host it, and ask for feedback elsewhere.

Bravo
10-20-2002, 12:22 PM
http://bravo.ausgamers.com/icee/Introduction.html

You get the idea.

OPPAINTER
10-20-2002, 01:10 PM
Sinnah,

Nice:) a little wide though.

OPP

Bravo
10-20-2002, 02:16 PM
Im used to 1240x 1024, it can easily be reconfigured.

mbrock
10-21-2002, 03:22 AM
Very Nice Review. Looks like you put a hell of alot of time into it. Again very nice.:toast:

N8
10-21-2002, 04:05 AM
Randi,

Read the review now...very nice! If I could justify spending that kinda money on my PC, the Prometeia would be the way I'd go :D

NWEng
10-21-2002, 08:37 AM
Mr. Icee,

You have got to be one of the most articulate reviewers/posters I've come accross in the many forums I hang out. Very nice job.

:cool:

ronnie0738
10-21-2002, 10:06 AM
Very nice review.

OPP - Xtreme Tek Werkz is not discounting or even pricematching other places (iceepc.com), but they are giving out extra seal string and a neon cathode tube. The units should have came today...but it seems like it's going to be later this week. :(

Klosterbruder
10-21-2002, 10:44 AM
Great review!

Nohto
10-21-2002, 07:50 PM
Randy, Would adding higher CFM fans help the Prom at all?
By the way, Definately a great review!!!

Rys
10-21-2002, 08:14 PM
Nice review, glad to post a link to it from Hexus :)

I'll be PM'ing you shortly about review layouts and such like, might have something to interest you.

Rys