PDA

View Full Version : Some Questions about Basic Waterchiller

kommando
08-01-2004, 11:50 PM
Okay im gonna start off in the waterchilling scene again, but with some easy to do, like using an original fridge to cool a bucket of coolant and running it through my setup.

I've been offered a bar fridge from my mate for free and i was thinking of bending the evapourator to fit inside an insulated res. My pump will be inside this res and i will pump water out of the fridge through some holes in the fridge into the setup.

Now my questions are these:
1) If there is a thermostat would it be wise to remove it and if so, how would go about the process
2)How hard will it be to bend the evapourator if i intend to keep the original fridge casing.
3)Should i insulate the outer shell of my res?

Thanks in advance.

kayl
08-03-2004, 06:07 PM
wouldnt you have been better off using that airconditioner you have.
the old bar fridge wont do a very good job as a chillier dude

1) join the 2 wires that do to the compressor together
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=510356#post510356
pic there of wires that went to thermostat
2) depends on the bar fridge you would need some pics to help us here.
3)yes un insulated res just adds to the head load and keeps chilliers temps down

kommando
08-03-2004, 10:42 PM
The aircon i have was :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:ing :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:y so i chucked it out, ill just play aroudnw ith this fridge and see what i can do then in the christmas holidays ill build a chiller with an AC unit. I just want the fridge to have a bit of silence over my aircooling.