PDA

View Full Version : OCZ DDR Diagnostic Booster Works on these Motherboards.

Pages : [1] 2

Kunaak
07-26-2004, 06:33 PM
instead of making multiple topics saying, the OCZ booster works on such and such motherboard, I was thinking it would be best to make a little database of the boards in one post.

if it works on your board, please post it here, so people can find all the necessary information in one post.

post any impressions or issues you have with the DDR booster on your particular motherboard.
but like always, screenshots make for some good eye candy to show how well its really working with your motherboard ;)

UPDATE 7-11-2005

all motherboards listed in this list have been mentiond to work by someone in this thread. the official list can be found at OCZ's website, this is a unofficial list, just user feedback.

this is the most up to date list, as of July 2nd, 2005, from the feedback posted here in this post.

MSI

k8n neo platinum.
K8N Neo2 Platinum

Epox

8RDA
8RDA ver. 1.1
8RDA3+

Abit.

Abit NF7-s rev2
AN7
IS7-e
IC7-G (worked for some, but not for me)
Av8
AS8

Gigabyte.

K8NS pro
K8NSXP-939
K8N nonPRO
K8NSNXP
k8Ns Ultra 939
GA-K8NF-9

Asus.

P4C800-E
A7V880
P4C800 Deluxe
Asus P4P800-E
P4P800SE
k8n-e
SK8V
A8V

DFI

DFI nForce2 Lan Party Rev. A
DFI NF3 Ultra 250 GB.
DFI nf4 all models

Random.

Soltek qubic 3801
Chaintech VNF3-250
Chaintech VNF4 Ultra
shuttle an51r
Jetway A210GDMS. (Volts up to 3.9v. Dual-channel works with booster in slot 4.)

EnJoY
07-26-2004, 08:31 PM
I know some moron is gonna say this...so I'll stop it before they say it.
Yes he knows OCZ has a compatibility list for motherboards that work with the DDR Booster. However, we as overclockers have lots of motherboards that they have either yet to try or may never try, therefore this thread can be a place to find out if your motherboard will work with the booster even if the OCZ list does not list it in any form.

Nice thread kunaak...wish I could contribute in a meaningful way. ;)

nOx34
07-26-2004, 08:58 PM
MSI K8N Neo Platinum (http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39538)

Catalyst2211
07-26-2004, 11:44 PM
I just want to know if the OCZ DDR Booster works with A64 mobos.

Im planning to get perhaps the Asus A8V Deluxe and wondering if the DDR Booster works with that mobo

Filter
07-27-2004, 04:51 AM
as he posted my thread abovie it works with the k8n neo platinum.

Kalway
07-27-2004, 05:22 AM
Works on 8RDA

When I get my A7V880 back from RMA again I'll find out if it works on that.

spellsfromhell
07-27-2004, 05:28 AM
hope somebody finds out soon if it works on 8KDA3+, cause i want a booster..

Joe Camel
07-27-2004, 05:43 AM
Abit NF7-s rev2

need to mod the HS's to fit in DIMM #1 (closest to CPU)

with booster in #1 and mem in 2&3 it runs dual channel

ive only "played" with this for a few hours so some of this might "work itself out" but here are a few things ive noticed so far...

when first turned on, the "ON" light and CDrom lights are on (but dim) i have to "turn it off" by holding the power button in for 5 sec, then once the dim lights go off, the power button (and PC) works like normal.

the "kill the PSU & hit the power button" trick, to get past the NF7-s's 2-tone siren and get to a BIOS screen (after going too far on the OC) DOSNT work. (must get this "trick" to work!)

i havent been able to clear CMOS (unplug, jumper, wait...) with the booster still installed. i needed to remove it from the DIMM and then it would clear. (quite a PITA!)

OC: mem (Mushkin BH-5) that wouldnt go higher than 225 FSB (2,2,2,11) 2.9V in BIOS was priming @ 240 FSB (2,2,2,11) ... booster = 2.9v...

ANYONE using this booster, do you use MBM?
the voltmeter named "core 1" seems to be the mem V.
what does your core1 read and what do you have the booster set to?

mine: booster = 2.9v , core1 = 3.38v (load: 3.34v - 3.00v)

without the booster i got: BIOS = 2.9 v , core1 = 2.96v (load: ?)

i dont plan on going any higher till i KNOW the MBM #'s are BS...

final thought: :toast: OCZ:toast:

Lithan
07-27-2004, 06:06 AM
Should be a read point on the board somewhere. I wouldn't expect it to have changed due to this product. CAREFULLY poke it with a multimeter with the other point on ground.

MBM5 read my nf7-s vdimm pretty well if I recall.

LikwidKool
07-27-2004, 06:07 AM
K8NSpro works.

Had some problems posting with 2 sticks and the booster at 200mem. Got it working though by booting at 266mem with one stick, then adding the second, then changing to 200mem. Was at 3.5v but haven't tried any higher due to the internal mem controller on the A64.

Also the P4C800-E works awesome!

xgman
07-27-2004, 06:14 AM
Originally posted by Catalyst2211
I just want to know if the OCZ DDR Booster works with A64 mobos.

Im planning to get perhaps the Asus A8V Deluxe and wondering if the DDR Booster works with that mobo

Here is what Driverheaven.net said in their review:

"Asus A8V - this board since its been released has had some issues with DDR voltage and the board I have tested frequently wont post with any RAM setting other than AUTO in the bios. I had some success with Corsair XL memory but overall system stability was still poor. Ram had to be used in slots 2 and 4 with the booster in slot 3. With the booster overall system performance was improved and I was able to push the ram to 3+ volts with wonderful results."

I didn't have as much success and In slot 3 the booster touches the ram in slot 2 and gets so f'in hot . . .

xgman
07-27-2004, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by Lithan
Should be a read point on the board somewhere. I wouldn't expect it to have changed due to this product. CAREFULLY poke it with a multimeter with the other point on ground.

MBM5 read my nf7-s vdimm pretty well if I recall.

isn't pin one of any ram slot a reliable read point?

Gogeta
07-27-2004, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by LikwidKool
Also the P4C800-E works awesome!

Thats good to know :D

Nice thread Kunaak.

Evil_Spork
07-27-2004, 07:10 AM
for some of these board dont you have to do the vtt mod to keep it up with the vdimm though?

LikwidKool
07-27-2004, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Evil_Spork
for some of these board dont you have to do the vtt mod to keep it up with the vdimm though?

only if the board's vtt doesn't already track vdimm correctly like some Abit board's. That is a board problem, and the booster cannot fix that.

With the K8NSpro, and P4C800-E vtt tracks vddr perfectly!

saaya
07-27-2004, 08:13 AM
Manufacturer Motherboard Max Voltage Tested Compatible?
Abit KV8 n/a No
Abit IC7 3.6V Yes
Abit IC7 MAX3 3.4V Yes
Abit AN7 3.4V Yes
Abit IT7 MAX2 2.8V Yes
Abit AI7 3.4V Yes (use Dimm slot 3)
Abit NF7 V 2 3.4V Yes
Asus A7N8X 2.8V No
Asus P4S533 3.4V Yes
Asus P4P800 3.4V Yes
Asus P4C800-E 3.6V Yes
Asus P4R800-VM 3.4V Yes
Asus K8V 3.4V Yes
Aopen AK89Max 3.4V Yes
Biostar P4VTB 3.4V Yes
Biostar K8NHA Pro 3.4V Yes
Chaintech VNF3-250 3.6V Yes
Chaintech ZNF3-250 3.4V Yes
Chaintech ZNF3-150 3.4V Yes
DFI 875LP Rev.B 3.1V Yes
DFI 865 PE 3.4V Yes
DFI nforce2 3.3V No
Epox 4PCA3 3.0V No
FIC 875 Dynasty 3.1V No
FIC P4M-RJ300 n/a No
Gigabyte K7 Triton 3.4V Yes
Gigabyte K8NNXP 3.4V Yes
MSI 865 PE Neo 3.4V Yes
MSI 875 P Neo 3.4V Yes
MSI K7N2 3.3V Yes
MSI K8T Neo 3.4V Yes (can only fit 1 DDR)
Shuttle AN50R n/a No
Soltek SL-865PE 3.0V TBD (will not boost over 3.0)

http://www.driverheaven.net/reviews/OCZDDRbooster/

Blind_GI
07-27-2004, 08:56 AM
Has anyone tried it in a IC7-Max3 without the VTT mod?

saaya
07-27-2004, 09:26 AM
see above post :P

Kunaak
07-27-2004, 11:32 AM
I'll be able to tell if this works on a IC7 here in a few days.
I have a DDR booster coming, and my only motherboard is a IC7.

even if it doesn't work, I figure it's just a good piece of hardware to have for other boards.

saaya
07-27-2004, 11:45 AM
:confused: what makes you think it might not work on your boards when driverheaven already tested it on the same board and it worked?

ojdr2001
07-27-2004, 12:04 PM
Anyone tested on K8NSNXP-S939?

Kalway
07-27-2004, 12:10 PM
What if the mobo doesn't track vtt at all?

Kunaak
07-27-2004, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by saaya
:confused: what makes you think it might not work on your boards when driverheaven already tested it on the same board and it worked?

well, people often wonder if it will work, cause of the VTT issue.
to do the mod to an IC7 you need to do both a VDimm and VTT mod to get above about 3 volts.

I assume people wonder if it is will work, cause of the VTT issue with the IC7.
if it doesn't in some way change the VTT voltage, then getting 3.9 volts may not matter, cause it would be unstable voltage past about 2.8 volts.
thats my experience with the Vdimm mod of this board, if not using the VTT mod.

it will be interesting to see if the DDR booster somehow works around the VTT.
I am fairly confident it will, assuming it's been tested and such.

I guess people just want, "real world" feedback, cause we all know about the VTT and how it affects the Vdimm of the IC7.

Catalyst2211
07-27-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by xgman
Here is what Driverheaven.net said in their review:

"Asus A8V - this board since its been released has had some issues with DDR voltage and the board I have tested frequently wont post with any RAM setting other than AUTO in the bios. I had some success with Corsair XL memory but overall system stability was still poor. Ram had to be used in slots 2 and 4 with the booster in slot 3. With the booster overall system performance was improved and I was able to push the ram to 3+ volts with wonderful results."

I didn't have as much success and In slot 3 the booster touches the ram in slot 2 and gets so f'in hot . . .

You have the Asus A8V? Can you elaborate more on the problem?

And yeah, I would like to know also if the booster works on the other 939 mobos

Acheron
07-27-2004, 01:55 PM
Updated Compatibility chart is up on OCZ's site now. Seems to have a few more boards listed than previously before...including a 939 board:

Compatibility Chart (http://www.ocztechnology.com/displaypage.php?name=DDRBoostermobocompatibility)

arj
07-28-2004, 09:58 AM
They only tested 3.4v on the IC7-MAX3. Lets say if I pump 3.6v on that board, will I blow up anything?

All Kill3r
07-28-2004, 10:27 AM
one way to find out ;)

Ai7 is rated up to 3.4v, i tried 3.6v for a few benches and then took the booster out permantely, lol...the booster gets pretty toasty with some voltage.

Acheron
07-28-2004, 10:36 AM
The booster's only tested to 3.4V at OCZ probably because over that voltage you will need to get some fans on it or have some way to keep it cool enough, like it says in the manual.

I'm sure a lot of those boards can handle even more voltage...I've seen posts around where people have cranked theirs up to 3.6V. Whether your memory can take it though is another question. ;)

nutcase
07-28-2004, 07:04 PM
some of the Abit Mobo's won't read over 3.4V..

I tested it on an AN7 to 3.7V, But the sensor chip will only show up to 3.49V...

Tedinde
07-28-2004, 08:13 PM
Add a IS7-e to the list. I've been running it all day @ 3.6v with my good BH-5's @ 270fsb 1:1 2-2-2-6, The highest i've ever got it before with a modded IC7 @ 3.45v wat 262fsb stable.

Just for the hell of it i cranked it up a bit. And the dam Booster will give me 4.1v to the memory, verified on it and the bios!!!

Me forsees the noobs just frying everything in site. But then i see myself doing it too for those few more Precious fsb!!!!

I used it in my IC7 also no problems. NF7. The Booster Heatsinks get hot as hell!!!!

Kunaak
07-28-2004, 08:46 PM
question-

can you show a picture of the abit hardware monitor, the winbond one, not the new weird one.
the old version.

I'd like to see the voltages ;)

-=TriX=-
07-28-2004, 09:07 PM
Any one know why it doesn't work w/ the Epox 4PCA3+ or even the other unsupported mobo's for that matter?

STEvil
07-28-2004, 09:25 PM
Could have to do with OVP, voltage regulation style (linear, switching), the quality of the components on the board, or space between DIMMs due to layout.. among other things.

Tedinde
07-28-2004, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Kunaak
question-

can you show a picture of the abit hardware monitor, the winbond one, not the new weird one.
the old version.

Is that directed @ me Kunnak. Im using the new HW monitor. I like the old one better. But it's not on abit's site anymore. Let me look around for a IC7 or IS7 CD. I do like the old HW doctor better, The new one takes up too much space and is hard to read.

I've got it in my Sig MSI board now. It's working. Before i couldnt get over 285 1:1 with my OCZ 4200's and 2.85 volts. Which was the max of it in my IC7 @ that volt.

What's screwy in MSI HW monitor, there is nothing showing DDR volts, and sisoft or nothing reports ddr volts either, and neither does the bios report.

So now i have it set @ 3.2v on the LED's. I have to say it's working since im stable @ 300fsb 1:1 which the 4200's are good to 305fsb in my testing before. Turning the know to 3.1v it's still stable, Turning it down more to 3v it reboots.

Seems to work. I have it in slot 1 and 2 sticks of memory in slot 2 and 3. No joke though the HS's on the booster get hot as hell!!!

Im going to let it fold all night and see if it's alive in the morning.

But if you talking to me Kunaak and want the old HW doc pics, i'll find a CD for you.

Later

Ted

Tedinde
07-28-2004, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by -=TriX=-
Any one know why it doesn't work w/ the Epox 4PCA3+ or even the other unsupported mobo's for that matter?

What's strang is on the list they sent along the 4PCA3 is on there, it says 3v max volts tested, but then says not compatable. The others that are not compatable just have a "-" line through the Max voltage tested.

How many volts does the epox give max stock. Most epox's give mega volts anyway. I tried some 4bda's and 4bga's in the past for p4's 845 chipsets but they were dogs and i gave up on epox for P4, But dam if i didnt go through and love the 8rda's and 8RGA's in the past.

esoteradactyl
07-28-2004, 10:02 PM
too bad ocz doesnt test to see if the vtt tracks with the vdimm. it's a waste of money if you can juice your ram fine but the vtt is out of wack.

mrlobber
07-28-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by Tedinde
What's strang is on the list they sent along the 4PCA3 is on there, it says 3v max volts tested, but then says not compatable. The others that are not compatable just have a "-" line through the Max voltage tested.

Do not rely on that. At the very beginning OCZ said that 3.3volts were tested to be not compatible on DFI Infinity nForce2, so many (including myself) figured out that they would be able to use the supposedly more clean voltages at least, and some members from pcperspective.com even spoke with one of the OCZ guys (do not remember whether it was Tony or not) to confirm that.

But then OCZ said here, they fried one DFI Infinity while testing the Booster and it turned out to be not compatible at all so if it's listed as not compatible whether with a voltage level written nearby or not, obviously you take all the risk if you still want to verify the big red "N" on the Booster compatibility chart.

-=TriX=-
07-28-2004, 10:37 PM

How many volts does the epox give max stock. Most epox's give mega volts anyway. I tried some 4bda's and 4bga's in the past for p4's 845 chipsets but they were dogs and i gave up on epox for P4, But dam if i didnt go through and love the 8rda's and 8RGA's in the past.

oh it gives high volts 3.3vdimm in the BIOS ~3.28v actual; which is nothing to complain about. Let's my BH-5 do 240-250 easy :up: Was just curious as to why it wouldn't work :)

Kunaak
07-28-2004, 11:29 PM
Is that directed @ me Kunnak. Im using the new HW monitor. I like the old one better.

But if you talking to me Kunaak and want the old HW doc pics, i'll find a CD for you.

Later

Ted

yep, that was for you.
your atleast a day ahead of me, so I am curious to know if it really works on the IC7.
I'll have my DDR booster in a day or two I hope.
but till then, you got the answers ;)

if you want the old hardware monitor, just find me on ICQ, I will transfer it over to you.
I have it here.

or...

I just found it.

look here for "hardware monitor Released Date: 2003-06-27"

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/drivers.php?categories=1&model=5

it's under drivers, not utility.
I agree, the new Abit hardware monitor is just too damn much, I just don't like using it, everything feels "off" with it.
I just like the Winbond hardware monitor.
the real time sliding bars just tell me a whole lot more then the Abit EQ thing does.

thats why I asked for that pic, and not EQ.

althes
07-29-2004, 01:11 AM
I have t o get one see if it works with ag8

charlie
07-29-2004, 12:10 PM
IC7-G

works like a charm :D
Big :toast: to OCZ for making the biggest and best "OVERCLOCKER" accessory to come down the pipe in YEARS!

C

Acheron
07-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Tested on a DFI nForce2 Lan Party Rev. A and the booster works in slot 3 (won't fit in other slots without mods) with a module in slot 1. Single channel only though since slot 3 is taken up by the booster.

I was able to get up to 3.4V with no problems. But I did start off slow (i.e. started at 2.9, ran memtest for a while, increased to 3.0, reboot and ran memtest, etc. until 3.4V).

So some good news, and some bad, but overall: :banana:

charlie
07-29-2004, 05:33 PM
question-

the old version.

Kunaak,
It works on the IC7-G.........

Here's the Winbond HW Doc screenie. And NO, the VTT does NOT track (remember the Vddq is really VTT, it's an Abit goof)

C

stasiu
07-29-2004, 05:50 PM
I have this in a K8NSXP-939. As it is right now you have to use the booster in the orange slot, so your ram is in the purple. It does adjust the voltages very well, and the readings are 100% accurate when i check with a volt meter off of the mosfet. I haven't had good stability though, but i haven't played with it much either. With 1gb of mushkin lvl 2 i would get a boot disk error, can't get good stability from my OCZ BH-5, and my 3700 EB's aren't running as well as they did in my vdimm modded K8NNXP.

iceman2g
07-29-2004, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by mrlobber
Do not rely on that. At the very beginning OCZ said that 3.3volts were tested to be not compatible on DFI Infinity nForce2, so many (including myself) figured out that they would be able to use the supposedly more clean voltages at least, and some members from pcperspective.com even spoke with one of the OCZ guys (do not remember whether it was Tony or not) to confirm that.

But then OCZ said here, they fried one DFI Infinity while testing the Booster and it turned out to be not compatible at all so if it's listed as not compatible whether with a voltage level written nearby or not, obviously you take all the risk if you still want to verify the big red "N" on the Booster compatibility chart.

I'm rather disappointed about the DFI as modded my board was able to go up to 4v, was stable at 3.6v. :mad:
A minor set back for what i'd say is the best socket A board.

stasiu
07-29-2004, 10:02 PM
OK....update for on the DDR booster and K8NSXP-939. I do not get any stability if the booster is in the purple (near cpu) slot, and RAM is in the orange (far) slot. In this way you can have the booster and run two sticks of RAM...but ZERO stability anywhere near 200 FSB on any ram i tried. With the booster in the far slot and using just one stick of ram...that's all that will fit because of the potentiometer...i get great OC'ing w/o the benefit of dual channel.

Here's one pic for you. That's OCZ LE BH-5 running 260 prime stable @ 3.4 volts. I had it up to 265, but no screenie. It konked out when i tried 270.

Best results are when i do the cap mod...which i'm running now, because i can run stable IN DUAL CHANNEL :D but minimum voltage is 3.34. It seems that the purple slots provide WAY more stability...to the point that their use is necessary. The minimum my 3 volt line will run at is 3.34, and it's too high for me to play with the OCZ EB's. I have 1gb of Mushkin lvl II doing 250 stable.

aoc007
07-29-2004, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by charlie
IC7-G

works like a charm :D
Big :toast: to OCZ for making the biggest and best "OVERCLOCKER" accessory to come down the pipe in YEARS!

C

Thats on a unmodded IC7-G, no VTT Mod? What version IC7-G? And the max it would do is 3.6v?

charlie
07-30-2004, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by aoc007
Thats on a unmodded IC7-G, no VTT Mod? What version IC7-G? And the max it would do is 3.6v?

Yeah, that's on an un-modded IC7-G v1.2
I tested it UP TO 4.0V with some BH-6, lol......don't really see the need to go HIGHER, hehehe.

C

LikwidKool
07-30-2004, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by stasiu
OK....update for on the DDR booster and K8NSXP-939. ....

yeah it seems some of the S939 boards are like that. The one good thing is OCZ will be making an A64 version at some point.

so OT but your Mushkin L2's run's good in the K8NSXP-939? My K8NSpro just hates that ram. Will only do 220. In my K8Npro it did 270 at 3.3v

picasso
07-30-2004, 08:36 AM
heyas

what about on a k8n-pro???does it works???

thnx:)

LDK
07-30-2004, 09:35 AM
Do you people think it would work on the IS7, since it works on IC7....
Or can some1 that has the mobo and the DDR Booster try...

Blind_GI
07-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by charlie
Yeah, that's on an un-modded IC7-G v1.2
I tested it UP TO 4.0V with some BH-6, lol......don't really see the need to go HIGHER, hehehe.

C

But VTT stops at 1.5v right? (wait the IC7-G goes up to 3v right?)

stasiu
07-30-2004, 10:38 AM
Yes...my Mushkin runs great....the first time since i've gotten them because i've only had C0 stepping 754's up untill now. I can get 'em up to 255 3d stable in dual channel. The OCZ BH-5's are doing 260 plus prime stable :D . I'm gonna run some benches tonight after i re-install windows. I hope the lan works after that...i had a hell of a time getting it to work, and to tell you the truth i'm not 100% sure what i did to get it to work. It's like it just decided to on it's own..lol ;) .

Kunaak
07-30-2004, 12:24 PM
heres my impression of the DDR booster.

first off, stability is out the window.
my ram was doing 240 cas 2-2-2-5 at 2.9 volts stable, with the DDR booster, it's unstable even at 230 cas 2.5-2-2-6.

so for me, stabilty is out the window once I put the DDR Booster in there. I can remove it, and gain the 240 FSB with ease...
so thats somewhat unfortunate.
I believe the VTT mod may be necessary in my case.
cause any VDimm above 3.1 volts just results in complete instabilty. from BSOD's to random freezes...

But, Does it work?

yep, sure does.
the IC7 may not be the perfect canidate for it, but I do like the overall product and look forward to using this on other boards soon, I tend to change hardware on a weekly basis, so this will definatly be handy to have around in my case, even if the IC7 I have here doesn't seem to like it too much :D

Kunaak
07-30-2004, 12:28 PM
the second issue I have is, for the IC7, anything past 3.6 volts for me, results in windows not loading.
even at default CPU speeds.
I have no idea why that is, but adjusting the voltage after I get in windows to try for more then 3.6 volts just results in the screen freezing instantly.
so my IC7 here is either a very picky one, or 3.6 is just the max for this board/either way, who cares.
it works ;)

Tony
07-30-2004, 05:07 PM
Kunaak

Your board needs the VTT mod bad..with this mod you would be seeing some serious memory speeds at low latency.

Kunaak
07-30-2004, 05:17 PM
yeah I know.
the reason I tested it this way, is cause it's listed as being compatible, even though to do the Vdimm mod to this board, you do need to do the Vtt mod as well.
I tried it this way to see if the OCZ DDR Booster could some how bypass the need to do the VTT mod.

which in my opinion, it doesn't.
you do still need the VTT mod if you want any real stabilty with high VDimm on this board. I been wondering if it's just my revision or something though, cause charlie seemed to have some good luck with it.
where as I just had some moderate luck with it on the IC7.

Raybo
07-30-2004, 05:19 PM
I know Kalway had good luck on his 8RDA ver. 1.1 but it does NOT work on the ver. 2.x.

I'm not sure if it's OVP or that the vtt does not tract.

aoc007
07-30-2004, 05:23 PM
yeah I know.
the reason I tested it this way, is cause it's listed as being compatible, even though to do the Vdimm mod to this board, you do need to do the Vtt mod as well.
I tried it this way to see if the OCZ DDR Booster could some how bypass the need to do the VTT mod.

which in my opinion, it doesn't.
you do still need the VTT mod if you want any real stabilty with high VDimm on this board. I been wondering if it's just my revision or something though, cause charlie seemed to have some good luck with it.
where as I just had some moderate luck with it on the IC7.

Is yours a version 1.1? Charlies is 1.2.

Kunaak
07-30-2004, 05:37 PM
revision 1.0

andrenoites
07-30-2004, 05:53 PM
Can someone post results with CH-5 and high voltages?

I have 250mhz at 3.3v

Is it safe to give more voltage in ch-5 chips?

Stinger
07-31-2004, 07:06 AM
Soltek qubic 3801 works perfectly tried up to 3.8v sorry that it is to big to fit

Joe Camel
07-31-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by Joe Camel
Abit NF7-s rev2

1) when first turned on, the "ON" light and CDrom lights are on (but dim) i have to "turn it off" by holding the power button in for 5 sec, then once the dim lights go off, the power button (and PC) works like normal.

2) the "kill the PSU & hit the power button" trick, to get past the NF7-s's 2-tone siren and get to a BIOS screen (after going too far on the OC) DOSNT work. (must get this "trick" to work!)

3) i havent been able to clear CMOS (unplug, jumper, wait...) with the booster still installed. i needed to remove it from the DIMM and then it would clear. (quite a PITA!)

2) & 3) the trick is: now (i) have to boot 2x...after the PSU has been off, i need to: do #1) then boot (2tone siren) then reset and it boots like "normal"...

ngriffey12
08-01-2004, 04:51 PM
im trying to figure out which would be better for my system right now an ocz booster or another stick of ram and if ram is the way to go should i get another 256 of the same stuff or a 512 of the same stuff my specs are as fallows:
nf7-s
2x256 corsair xms 3200 sticks(9,2,2,2.5)
amd 2600m(218x12)

im looking to improve my gaming performance which will help my computer with games im getting a little bit of stuttering and i know its not my video card. am i right in thinking that its because i only have 512 of ram its all i can think of? the game in question is city of heroes if anybody was wondering.

Kalway
08-01-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by Raybo
I know Kalway had good luck on his 8RDA ver. 1.1 but it does NOT work on the ver. 2.x.

I'm not sure if it's OVP or that the vtt does not tract.

It didn't work on your v2? Wierd. Yeah, it works beautifully on my 1.1 :D mind you, mine isn't the + either.

xgman
08-02-2004, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by Catalyst2211
You have the Asus A8V? Can you elaborate more on the problem?

And yeah, I would like to know also if the booster works on the other 939 mobos

Other than a tight fit and extreme heat, the currenrt rev 1.2 A8V boards are voltage finiky. Some won't post over 2.6v, some at 2.8 even without the booster. I haven't fully tested my latest A8V. (I've had 3) The one I tried the booster in slot 1 wasn't stable por would not post over 2.9v. More testing is needed.

Tony
08-02-2004, 01:41 PM
Update from Eric

Epox 4PCA3 line of boards is a big NONO...don't try it.

Epox 8RDA3+ was fine though and worked well.

Kalway
08-02-2004, 02:40 PM
Ey bigtoe, y'all needa update your list to include the 8RDA 1.1

It's 100% functional in mine.

Shade00
08-02-2004, 07:31 PM
Has anyone tested the booster in the SK8N? I've had an SK8N sitting here for a while and I was considering building a system around it.

nVmatrix
08-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Joe Camel
Abit NF7-s rev2

need to mod the HS's to fit in DIMM #1 (closest to CPU)

with booster in #1 and mem in 2&3 it runs dual channel

ive only "played" with this for a few hours so some of this might "work itself out" but here are a few things ive noticed so far...

when first turned on, the "ON" light and CDrom lights are on (but dim) i have to "turn it off" by holding the power button in for 5 sec, then once the dim lights go off, the power button (and PC) works like normal.

the "kill the PSU & hit the power button" trick, to get past the NF7-s's 2-tone siren and get to a BIOS screen (after going too far on the OC) DOSNT work. (must get this "trick" to work!)

i havent been able to clear CMOS (unplug, jumper, wait...) with the booster still installed. i needed to remove it from the DIMM and then it would clear. (quite a PITA!)

OC: mem (Mushkin BH-5) that wouldnt go higher than 225 FSB (2,2,2,11) 2.9V in BIOS was priming @ 240 FSB (2,2,2,11) ... booster = 2.9v...

ANYONE using this booster, do you use MBM?
the voltmeter named "core 1" seems to be the mem V.
what does your core1 read and what do you have the booster set to?

mine: booster = 2.9v , core1 = 3.38v (load: 3.34v - 3.00v)

without the booster i got: BIOS = 2.9 v , core1 = 2.96v (load: ?)

i dont plan on going any higher till i KNOW the MBM #'s are BS...

Cool so it works with the NF7!! Did you do any voltage mods before?

So does that mean that your only pushing 2.9v with the booster? Or the MB just reads it wrong??

The Byter
08-03-2004, 07:21 AM
I use the booster on nf7-s v2.0.

The problem is the vdimm will drop @ load with out a VTT mod.
and I can't find a VTT mod that WILL work. :\

http://downloads.modlabs.net/bios/pic/vtt-track.jpg

The VTT "sens" point tracks the VDIMM @ half alwayz ... so either its not the VTT sens point nor the mobo tracks high vdimm automaticly (na....)

can any one help ?
can i help anyone ?

:toast:

aldamon
08-03-2004, 08:32 AM
Please test on the Epox 8KDA3+ and 8KDA3J. I've only seen it tested once and the results were poor but inconclusive. An official opinion would be great before I dump the BH-5 I can't feed.

andrenoites
08-03-2004, 01:11 PM
Can winbond CH-5 handle high voltages?

Had anyone tried 3.5v in ch-5 chips?

nVmatrix
08-03-2004, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by andrenoites
Can winbond CH-5 handle high voltages?

Had anyone tried 3.5v in ch-5 chips?

Max is 3.6v (70c) any higher and they have a greater chances at burning out

nVmatrix
08-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by The Byter
I use the booster on nf7-s v2.0.

The problem is the vdimm will drop @ load with out a VTT mod.
and I can't find a VTT mod that WILL work. :\

http://downloads.modlabs.net/bios/pic/vtt-track.jpg

The VTT "sens" point tracks the VDIMM @ half alwayz ... so either its not the VTT sens point nor the mobo tracks high vdimm automaticly (na....)

can any one help ?
can i help anyone ?

I was thinking about this 4th one down

http://s6.invisionfree.com/underclock/index.php?showtopic=100

Soltani
08-04-2004, 01:51 AM
Does the OCZ booster work on a Albatron PX875P Pro??

jayl
08-04-2004, 10:07 PM
Could someone confirm that it works on K8NS PRO?
I am supposed to pick it up this afternoon...

(I just can´t believe that one can get this new eq here in Finland already now :D)

nutcase
08-05-2004, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by jayl
Could someone confirm that it works on K8NS PRO?
I am supposed to pick it up this afternoon...

(I just can´t believe that one can get this new eq here in Finland already now :D)

yes, it works fine with the K8NS pro...

ffletchs
08-05-2004, 11:48 AM
I just got my OCZ Booster...

been running my BH5 at 5:4, wanted to try 1:1 at 250+

before the booster my mem started to give me errors in memtest at 243 MHz... With the booster I get the same results ! :(

No matter what the voltage, it starts givin errors at 243FSB

I've tried different timings, no luck

GAT is A-N-A-D-D

I saw in this thread that it said use slot 3 for the booster, but on this page, http://www.ocztechnology.com/displaypage.php?name=DDRBoostermobocompatibility
it doesn't mention it ? I used slot 4, if I use slot3 then the booster also covers slot4 which means I'll lose dual channel!

my AI7 nogood above 243 with bh5?

edit: the DDR voltstability is really bad with the booster, set to 3.3 now and MBM reports 3.11-3.35V

fFletchs

Kalway
08-05-2004, 06:19 PM
5:4 or 6:5? 5:4 is 166:133, 6:5 is 200:166

ryanpgroovy
08-06-2004, 07:36 AM
ffletchs

you might be having some other problem , someone here might know a little more , but if you voltage is fluctuating at all the vdimm booster LED readout would show it , as well as the MBM

I am very curious what power supply your using ?

ffletchs
08-06-2004, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by ryanpgroovy
ffletchs

you might be having some other problem , someone here might know a little more , but if you voltage is fluctuating at all the vdimm booster LED readout would show it , as well as the MBM

I am very curious what power supply your using ?

my PSU is the Enermax EG465AX-VE 460W, all the rails are very stable, and vdimm is very stable without the booster...

If anyone has any info/thoughts....

fFletchs

ryanpgroovy
08-06-2004, 10:44 AM
hmmm , can you try another psu really quick ?

saaya
08-06-2004, 11:26 AM
have you tried using the booster in other dimm slots?

does it fluctuate all the time or only in idle or only under load?

what did you set the vdimm to in bios?

Shade00
08-06-2004, 03:29 PM
I just ordered a booster to test on my Leadtek K8N. I'm a bit worried, though, because my board doesn't like running two sticks of RAM in slots 2 and 3. I have a feeling those heatsinks on the booster might get in the way - any comments on that?

STEvil
08-06-2004, 04:12 PM
I think the enermax psu's have a hard time maintaining current at high loads.

Put your hand at the exhaust fan of the PSU and see how hot it is.. if its more than just warm you could be putting too much strain on it to produce the needed current to feed all the devices in the system reliably, even though voltage may be holding stable.

I know my Antec 400w smartpower does it.. ;)

ffletchs
08-06-2004, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by ryanpgroovy
hmmm , can you try another psu really quick ?

no, dont have another psu handy...

fFletchs

ffletchs
08-06-2004, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by saaya
have you tried using the booster in other dimm slots?

does it fluctuate all the time or only in idle or only under load?

what did you set the vdimm to in bios?

I have it in slot 4, thats really the only one you can use, otherwise you wont beable to use dualchannel.. but I tried it in slot 3 with the mem in slot 1&2, same results, OC and vdimm all over the place

tried settin the vdimm in bios, 2.6, 2.7 and 3.2, same results

fFletchs

ffletchs
08-06-2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by STEvil

Put your hand at the exhaust fan of the PSU and see how hot it is.. if its more than just warm you could be putting too much strain on it to produce the needed current to feed all the devices in the system reliably, even though voltage may be holding stable.

The rails on it are very stable with enough amps,
3.3V, 35A
5.0V, 35A
12V, 32A

Case temps are around 28°C-30°C, psu fans at max, the exhaust from the psu is 35°C-37°C (i have an infrared temp gun)

fFletchs

aoc007
08-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by STEvil

My Enermax 465 (I think thats the whisper it has the fan control pot) seemed to put out about the same voltages and fluctuations (hundredths of a volt) as my PC P&C 510w and it was a lot quieter and made less heat :rolleyes: But I know the Turbo Cool can handle a much higher load and its not modded yet so maybe thats why they arent fully stable.

phil stanbridge
08-09-2004, 09:18 AM
I've got a Rev .2 of the booster and an Asus A8V. What's the score with using this with some dual channel memory - obviously if you use slots 1 and 3 for the dual channel bus then you cant get the booster installed :(

FX Freak
08-10-2004, 01:13 AM
Has anyone tested the booster in the ABIT AV8 rev.1.1 S939?
how much vdimm can i give?

mad mikee
08-10-2004, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by hag6br
yes, it works fine with the K8NS pro...

Fed up w/ my BH-5 in the toilet w/o it :upset: :brick: :wierd: so just grabbed it from excaliber - here Thursday.

Want to use it w/ 2x.5G BH5 - WHAT is suggested SETUP Please

(Which slots for what?)

Thanks MikeE

Unhooked
08-11-2004, 10:32 AM
ok a dumb question
I am gettin one of these babies soon
and i was wondering how do you adjust the VDIMM voltage??

do you just let the bios stay in default/auto and then adjust the booster??

or do you set the bios to the max and then set the booster??

thanx

Kalway
08-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Works on the A7V880. I had to test with a multimeter, but it indeed does work :D

RocKer
08-12-2004, 12:36 AM
Dos enybody no wen the booster will be at the shop's in belgium,becaus the speek about it now for 2months that it by in the shop,but no sigare yet :rolleyes: ,an i need it bad.

Stinger
08-12-2004, 04:01 AM
RocKer---> Buy it here http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/RAM_Utilities.html The ship outside the UK, I live in Sweden and I order from them and they deliver faster than if I ordered from some shop in Sweden.

RocKer
08-12-2004, 05:44 AM
Thks Stinger,but a can't buy stuff in that shop,i don't have a creditcard:( ,and the only take payment from a creditcard(a think).

Cranox
08-12-2004, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by RocKer
Thks Stinger,but a can't buy stuff in that shop,i don't have a creditcard:( ,and the only take payment from a creditcard(a think).

/Dutch mode on

Lo rocker , der staat nog eentje in wallabie te lokeren , ik kom der net vandaan ( deze had ik besteld , doch heb die niet meer nodig ) http://wallabie.be/index.php
Ik zal je ook via telenet een pm sturen

/Dutch mode off

Telling him that a shop has one in stock

Pejsen
08-12-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Cranox
/Dutch mode on

/Dutch mode off

Telling him that a shop has one in stock

Cool you gotta teach that Dutch mode thing :D :D :toast:

RocKer
08-12-2004, 08:43 AM
<dutch mode on>
Yes :thumbsup: da was het,heb al gebeld ook,word opzij gelegd voor mij,morgen omgaan.
<dutch mode off>

Ok it was that easy to find:banana: tomorrow am going to the shop,and then burn those BH5 :rocker: ,nice smiley yust like my nick :D.

thks cranox:toast: .

zakelwe
08-12-2004, 02:39 PM
Put in Booster ..read 2.3v
Changed Bios to 2.7v .. booster read 2.5v
Took it out and changed screw clockwise
Put it in Booster reads 1.1v !
Took it out and put screw anticlockwise
Booster flickers on and then off.
Turned screw clockwise a lot .. machine does not boot up, Booster flickers and then dies

RMA time.

:rolleyes:

Regards

Andy

Ps The top heatsink was wobbly as well.

Goyo
08-12-2004, 03:27 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by saaya
[B]

Manufacturer Motherboard Max Voltage Tested Compatible?
Asus P4P800 3.4V Yes
Asus P4C800-E 3.6V Yes
Asus P4R800-VM 3.4V Yes

What about P4C800 Deluxe (No-E)?, can reach 3.6V VDimm?

Somebody has proven it?

FX Freak
08-12-2004, 10:24 PM
does the booster work on the abit av8?

goddh0r
08-13-2004, 05:09 AM
Anyone tried on Asus K8N-E Deluxe yet? :)

jinu117
08-13-2004, 07:30 AM
Chaintech VNF3-250. It will take memory slot 2-3 out effectively leaving you with memory slot 1 only. THIS BITES HARD!!! As OCZ has listed MSI K8T Neo having this problem, why is the VNF listed as fine with no explanation like K8T? I made purchase based on this list and now stuck with product that can't physically go in with my 2 sticks of OCZ 3700EB and if I want to RMA, there will be even more shipping charges + 15% on restocking fee too !!! (not to mention having to do manual v-mod...which isn't hard but I prefer doing it off cleaner way).
Please advise someone from OCZ.

RocKer
08-13-2004, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by bigtoe
Update from Eric

Epox 4PCA3 line of boards is a big NONO...don't try it.

Epox 8RDA3+ was fine though and worked well.
I have a 8RDA3+ rev2.1.

Where did you put the booster for dual mem to work,in dimm 3??,becaus dimm 1 and 2 are the one's to work in dual mode.

Dos it fit in dimm 3(center dimm),i have heatspreaders on my corsairs,do i need to remove them or not,becaus it don't fit in dear(dimm3).

If a put it in dimm2 then it will work but not in dual i think,i will try it out:),but it works with you(so you told here on the board) so were did you put the booster.

I think a will try it first with some cheap twinmoss pc3200 sticks, i dont won't to fry my bh5's ;).

<edit>
I have try't a few things but no sigar yet:upset: ,but still going:rocker: .

<edit2>
:banana4: yes i have a sigar,now booster 3.0v,bios readout 3.07v/3.12v,bios vcore auto,every things :thumbsup: and in cpu-z i see dualchannel:YIPPIE: :YIPPIE:.

Now am gone see how far i come with fsb,lets pump up that baby:banana: :toast: .

jinu117
08-14-2004, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by jinu117
Chaintech VNF3-250. It will take memory slot 2-3 out effectively leaving you with memory slot 1 only. THIS BITES HARD!!! As OCZ has listed MSI K8T Neo having this problem, why is the VNF listed as fine with no explanation like K8T? I made purchase based on this list and now stuck with product that can't physically go in with my 2 sticks of OCZ 3700EB and if I want to RMA, there will be even more shipping charges + 15% on restocking fee too !!! (not to mention having to do manual v-mod...which isn't hard but I prefer doing it off cleaner way).
Please advise someone from OCZ.

Tonight, I said screw cleaness. Took out my soldering iron, few other odd tools, and took the molex connectors on DDR booster out, soldered wire straight to the pcb at the back side. Took off the heatsink and put it in DIMM 3 of my VNF3-250. Works quite well except, I notice over boiling temp on the mosfet (I always use infrared thermometer when I play with new stuff). So I pull it out, unsolder mosfets, solder it at the backside and give it oversized mosfet heatsinks. Now it is sitting happily there not to warm and working. Of course, I must voided all possible warranties, etc. And it doesn't look as clean as it could have been... But Alas, this was my only option as doing vmod with 50k resistor on mobo only nets me up to 3.15v for some unknown reason. (Of course, I found out my 3700EB doesn't react much better at higher volt... but was worth trying I guess, and only tried up to 3.25v or so so far).
OCZ, PLEASE, PLEASE, make one with components located on the other side of PCB so you can cover all crowd. It was just matter of placing components on the other side!
Also, warning to those that takes off the heatsink, prepare yourself for some burnt components. Those mosfets do run hot!

Pejsen
08-15-2004, 09:43 AM
Hi just wanted to let you guys know that it works with the Gigabyte K8N nonPRO (ultra light version or something).

jinu117
08-15-2004, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Pejsen
Hi just wanted to let you guys know that it works with the Gigabyte K8N nonPRO (ultra light version or something).

!!!! What kind of cooling? I am IMPRESSED.

Pejsen
08-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by jinu117
!!!! What kind of cooling? I am IMPRESSED.

A blue Sunbeam LED-fan :D

Now @ 4.01V

Obscure
08-18-2004, 03:42 PM
Anyone know if Corsair XMS 3200C2 Rev 3.1 likes high vdimm voltage? They use Infineon Rev B Chips. Any ideas? Im looking to get some EB sometime soon to replace this stuff...but id still like to know if anyone has had any experience with this stick.

Narbo
08-19-2004, 08:16 AM
Has anyone tested with OCZ 3700 Gold Rev 1?

Also results with a regular P4C800 Deluxe would be cool. Im almost sure its the same as the P4C800-E but you never know until you know!

Edit: I have one on order now so I guess ill find out soon one way or another! :)

Kalway
08-19-2004, 12:53 PM
infineon chips usually won't benefit much more after 3v

mad mikee
08-20-2004, 01:40 PM
Yeah you can put the booster in slot 1 but if you try the mem in any other slot w bios F3, can't set OC settings (hangs, then on reset is back to defaults) Also pot runs into memory if in slot 3 and 1 stick only (no good) in slot 1. Same problems w/ VNF-250 (can't boot w/ booster in slot 1)

So this is a waste of my money, going to VDIMM mod the board, will still be better than nothing which is what I get w/ this.
:upset: :bsod: :grr:

moep
08-20-2004, 02:06 PM
If anyone out there gets to test the OCZ Booster with the new Abit AS8 (775 / i865PE) Board, I'd love to hear some feedback about it. I'm currently building a system with this board and the booster, but I'm not done yet so I can't test it out.
All I know is that the booster physically fits into the DIMM-Slots with the RAM in place. :rolleyes: ;)

Onepagebook
08-20-2004, 02:58 PM
Abit Av8 also works fine! 3.1v

http://www.e04hardware.com/coolalerbb/bh5260fsb.jpg

Roadburn
08-21-2004, 12:09 PM
ASUS P4C800-E , 2.8@3.5, KHXpc4000/1G@2.5,3,4,5. They say 3.6V max but I can boost to measured and booster inidated 4.0V I run 3.0V, but CPU is the limiting factor 3.5Ghz is its max stable speed.
PS. this new kingston will boot 2,2,2,5@200

yuri
08-24-2004, 11:35 AM
Why has no one tested this on a sk8v ?

its only the best motherboard on the planet :D

Boogotop
08-26-2004, 09:33 AM
work great on my Gigabyte K8N (non pro)

doesn't tried over 3.75v

http://sites.rapidus.net/maxbleau/ocz%20ddrbooster%20k8n.JPG

OCZ PC3700EB with 3.4v

http://sites.rapidus.net/maxbleau/OCZ%20PC3700EB@295.JPG

Juspriss
08-27-2004, 06:06 AM
What about MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum? :(

moep
08-28-2004, 03:53 AM
yeehaa - the OCZ DDR Booster works like a charm in the Abit AS8 (LGA-775/i865PE) :banana:

Gascogne
08-28-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Juspriss
What about MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum? :(
:with: Would also very much like to know how the booster works with MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum.

iceman2g
08-28-2004, 02:21 PM
Gascogne WELCOME TO FORUMS.

Gascogne
08-28-2004, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by iceman2g
Gascogne WELCOME TO FORUMS.
Thank you :D
I forgot that I was new here while was typing my messeges here. :doh:

jiff
08-29-2004, 06:36 AM
Originally posted by goddh0r

Ditto, need more than 1.7 for my ballistix to get to 260. 245 on 1.7 2.5.2.2.5 is bloody good

Narbo
08-30-2004, 06:11 AM
I installed mine over the weekend. As expected works fine on the regular P4C800 Deluxe. You can use slot 2 or 4. I used 4 as its easier to see the LED readout. I did not test the upper limit of adjustment but it will do at least 3.3V fine.

I managed to get 243Mhz 1:1 2.5-3-3-7 stable (12 hours of Prime 95) on my OCZ 3700 Gold Rev 1 at 3.0V. I also managed to lose my SATA RAID array (neccsitating a windows re-install) by fooling around at 250Mhz 1:1 so as usual be careful!

Juspriss
08-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Gascogne: Would also very much like to know how the booster works with MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum.

What? :confused:
I would know if someone have tryed the Booster on this mobo, and if it works :D , nothing more ;) .

Have anyone tryed them? :toast:

Gascogne
08-30-2004, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by Juspriss
What? :confused:
I would know if someone have tryed the Booster on this mobo, and if it works :D , nothing more ;) .

Have anyone tryed them? :toast:

Im getting a booster this week, so I can give it a go on my mb and let you know. :)

Juspriss
08-31-2004, 02:37 AM
@Gascogne: Tnx! :toast:

Gascogne
09-01-2004, 06:03 AM
Ocz booster works nicely with MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum. :)

seb87
09-01-2004, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Gascogne

you think...i buy that mobo and from a sponsor arrive to me the booster

what is the max woltage on the msi k8n neo2 (soket 939) ??

Juspriss
09-01-2004, 03:10 PM
Tnx a lot Gascogne! :toast:

Gascogne
09-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by seb87

Max in bios is 2.8v and I haven't tried max with the booster yet but Im doing 3.2V now with it and no problems at all. :D

Gascogne
09-04-2004, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by seb87

Tested up to 3.4v with the booster and no problem there. :)

Just good to have some fan to blow some air on the booster like it says in the manual. ;)

Av3ng3r
09-13-2004, 11:30 PM
We reviewed the DDR Booster.

http://www.hardwaredome.nl/reviews/view/11

Have fun with the review :)

RocKer
09-14-2004, 04:37 AM
Enybody got an idee how long it will take to have de booster back from rma,its now about 10day's away.

some_young_guy
09-14-2004, 04:20 PM
Yeah you can put the booster in slot 1 but if you try the mem in any other slot w bios F3, can't set OC settings (hangs, then on reset is back to defaults) Also pot runs into memory if in slot 3 and 1 stick only (no good) in slot 1. Same problems w/ VNF-250 (can't boot w/ booster in slot 1)

So this is a waste of my money, going to VDIMM mod the board, will still be better than nothing which is what I get w/ this.
:upset: :bsod: :grr:

I got the K8NS Pro as well. I'm able to run super pi at 259 fsb 1:1 2-2-2-5 with my BH-5 in slot 3, booster in slot 1. No problem whatsoever. But I can't even bench 3dmark or aquamark past 218 fsb with the booster at any any voltage! Oh well, where's that soldering iron?

Try-this
09-18-2004, 06:55 AM
Does the OCZ booster work on a Albatron PX875P Pro??

Did anyone find out about this?

cause I just bought this mobo, and a great P4 cpu, so I would like to know i the OCZ booster works on this mobo ;)

dutchman.pt
09-18-2004, 10:30 AM
Does the Booster work on the DFI Lanparty Nforce3 250Gb socket 754 ?

CCC
09-19-2004, 04:53 AM
Ditto, need more than 1.7 for my ballistix to get to 260. 245 on 1.7 2.5.2.2.5 is bloody good

Yes i just tried it in my asus k8n-e and it works fine... tried all the way up to 3.4v so far.... hyperx is getting to hot at 260mhz 1:1 2,5,2,2, gotta dig out my 120mm delta to cool it off :)

Manoj
09-19-2004, 07:54 PM
Has anyone tried the OCZ DDR Booster with the Asus A8V Deluxe (Rev 2.0)? I know that rev 1.02 is not compatible. Any info on the rev 2.0?

Five-Seven
09-20-2004, 11:57 AM
the booster works fine on shuttle an51r :)

Section8
09-20-2004, 07:55 PM
Has anyone tried the OCZ DDR Booster with the Asus A8V Deluxe (Rev 2.0)? I know that rev 1.02 is not compatible. Any info on the rev 2.0?

Anyone? I would also like to know...

Tom Holck
09-23-2004, 06:11 AM
Why has no one tested this on a sk8v ?

its only the best motherboard on the planet :D

Here you are yuri

SK8V at 4 volt benchstable OC !
btw: Its AMD WR in Superpi M8 :banana:
and nr 6. total:
http://www.biwa.ne.jp/~yok/838RANK-NEW.htm

Minnyboy
09-24-2004, 01:15 AM
Works on S754 K8NSNXP with 2 x 256MB & 2 x 512MB XMS3500 as well.

Currently typing with DDR Booster in Dimm 1 & 2 x XMS3500 in slots 2 & 3.

Thight squueze but it manages.

Funny thing is that the K8NNXP & K8NSNXP have the same layout but on OCZ's website, they say that you can only use 1 DDR with the Booster in place.

Could it be that the Corsair XMS modules heatspreaders are slimmer than the "other" heatspreaders??

Can't try with other brands as I don't have anything else but my beloved Corsair XMS BH5's.... :banana:

PnoT
09-24-2004, 03:45 AM
Has anyone tried this on an IT7 MAX2 board? I'm currently debating on whether i should upgrade or not atm. I have an old p4 1.8a running at 2.7 with air plus a few sticks of corsair (cmx256a-3200LL) that are bh5. My problem is i can't attain a high bus due to my x18 multiplyer. What chip can i buy relatively cheap that would get me up in the 200fsb range and how many volts can i push to these bh5 sticks with the DDR Booster? Thanks in advance.

http://members.cox.net/pnot/cpuz.jpg

http://members.cox.net/pnot/cpuz2.jpg

Razor_cut
09-24-2004, 05:49 AM
Tested up to 3.4v with the booster and no problem there. :)

Just good to have some fan to blow some air on the booster like it says in the manual. ;)

Howdy Gascogne.
Do you use DC? Since Im curently waiting for my mems, I would like to knom which slots u have the booster in and the mems.

The best choice would be:
Slot 4:Booster
Slot 3:
Slot 2:512\____ DC
Slot 1:512/

Or how do you run it?

Kunaak
09-25-2004, 01:39 PM
just incase anyones wondering.

the OCZ booster works great on the Gigabyte K8NS Pro.
works even better then the actual Vdimm mod.
I been able to hit 3.8 volts on the ram with little to no problem.
with my Vdimm mod, I can't load the OS past about 3.1 volts, but with the DDR Booster it loads just fine, even at 3.8 volts.

I found no problems with it one this board. good solid combination.

arj
09-27-2004, 03:51 AM

I would like to know this as well. MIght pick up the board soon.

some_young_guy
09-27-2004, 03:51 PM
just incase anyones wondering.

the OCZ booster works great on the Gigabyte K8NS Pro.
works even better then the actual Vdimm mod.
I been able to hit 3.8 volts on the ram with little to no problem.
with my Vdimm mod, I can't load the OS past about 3.1 volts, but with the DDR Booster it loads just fine, even at 3.8 volts.

I found no problems with it one this board. good solid combination.

Seriously? I have the Giga K8NS Pro as well. I've been able to run Super Pi up to 3.5 volts, don't want to try any more without better cooling. But I can't run 3D benches past ~220 fsb with my BH-5s at any voltage. What DIMM slots did you put the memory and the booster in?

mastrcronX
10-02-2004, 08:48 AM
Im thinking about ordering a booster, though i have the ic7-g. im wondering about this vtt mod the ic7 series needs for the booster. how would i go about doing this :confused: just a quick description if its ok

Drisler
10-02-2004, 03:04 PM

Yes :):D

pot
10-06-2004, 02:48 AM
the max vdimm you can reach? 3.8? 3.9 ??
ciao
Alessio

madwelshboy
10-06-2004, 07:28 AM
Im thinking about ordering a booster, though i have the ic7-g. im wondering about this vtt mod the ic7 series needs for the booster. how would i go about doing this :confused: just a quick description if its ok

I too own an IC7 and OCZ recommend that the VTT mod is performed, it really holding my DDR500 back (3.5ns), anyone here from the UK willing to do the mod for me, dont fancy it myself :stick:

Cheers guys.

pershoot
10-10-2004, 11:49 PM
hi all. quick question. will this be possible with the booster:

set bios voltage to 2.9vdimm, adjust booster to 3.2vdimm, and from bios, will i be able to set 2.9-3.2 real, 2.8-3.1 real, 2.7-3.0 real, and 2.6-2.9 real?

or, will i have to adjust voltage explicitly from the booster and leave bios at either 2.6 or 2.9?

board is NF7-s rev. 2.

thx:)

G H Z
10-10-2004, 11:52 PM
I don't think adjusting v via BIOS after dialing up the Booster is a good idea. Similar to the situation that roasted many A64's. NF2 may be a different ballgame however.

But why do it that way when you have the booster anyways? Just leave the case side off;)

pershoot
10-10-2004, 11:56 PM
would be so much easier to adjust in bios.. oh well, i guess i can just reach in and adjust while testing.

should i set it to 2.6 or 2.9? on some older nf7's vtt tracks with vdimm past 2.9. i have an older nf7 (and am hoping it tracks on this board). will vtt track with the booster's outputted vdimm while keeping setting 2.6 in bios, will 2.9 work better, or it won't matter?

thx for your reply:)

G H Z
10-11-2004, 12:01 AM
Dunno bout vtt tracking. I would set 2.6 in BIOS, and dial up the ram juice from there. Just check it in stages to verify stability. And with your memory I would not stop until around 3.6v anyway, then you might see something happen;)

freestylercs
10-11-2004, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchman.pt

Yes :):D

And whats the max Voltage, you can drive with it on the DFI Lanparty UT nf3 250 GB???

greetz free

G H Z
10-11-2004, 10:34 AM
I've been up to 3.8v until all hell broke loose @274x11 1:1

blowsion
10-11-2004, 10:36 AM
i have a ic7 max3 and a ddr booster without the vtt mod i was not able to boot with the ddr booster and some ocz pc 4000 gold ,it did boot fine with the booster and some muskin pc 3500 after vtt mod that problem was solved.

so i believe u really need vtt mod on a ic7 if you want a booster.

also ocz advised me not to go over 3.3v in a reply they send me. heres what they said:

It is risky to go above 3.4 in any circumstance, but the issue lies with the
power regulation of the board. I would advise you don't go above 3.3 VDIMM
on the IC7 Max3.

mastrcronX
10-11-2004, 11:41 AM
well my ic7 just died, so i ordered a lanparty pro875b, no vtt mod for me :) that is if my booster is compatible..

CarNabY
10-14-2004, 08:28 AM
Oczbooster with this P5P800? The connection in OCZBooster in cable 20Pin..and P5P is 24Pin!! :rolleyes:

mr freeze
10-14-2004, 01:06 PM
http://site.voila.fr/mrfreeze/oczhs.jpg
i think my psu do that

now it ok I repair

Try-this
10-16-2004, 06:03 AM
Got a rev. 2 booster cheap and desided to test it on my Albatron PX875P Pro, didn't give much of a result thoug :(

Maximum bios setting is 2,8V for the vdimm, and I can't go higher with the booster, if I set the booster to 2,8V there is black screen and no boot :(

Looks like I'll need a new mobo...

EDIT: just for the record: ram is in slot 1 and 3, and booster in 4

EDIT2: Took the booster out and set vdimm in bios to 2,8V, turned off computer and put back booster, display on booster showed 2,9 and computer booted just fine, ran superpi and so on.., now restarted the computer, turnede the thing on the booster so it showed 3,0V, computer booted, but i turned it off because the little alu profile got DAMN HOT (auch my poor finger :doh: )

I have a 80mm fan blowing above the ram sockets and a 40mm fan blowing at the aluprofile...

jmke
10-16-2004, 06:08 AM
I installed it on an Asus P4C800 (none deluxe, none -E) and I guess it works (Mushkin Special PC3200 @250 CL2 2-2-5)
but.. I LED readout does not work, I don't see how much voltage I'm pushing through the chips;

the DDR booster works perfect in my MSI K8N Neo, but no display on the Asus PC4800, is this normal?

CarNabY
10-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Somebody has tried the OCZBooster with DFI 875P-T?
tHZ

Rukee
10-25-2004, 12:40 PM
I was thinking it would be best to make a little database of the boards in one post.

Has this been done this yet?? and if so, why isn`t it in the first post of the thread?

kulebra
11-01-2004, 04:08 PM
has anybody probed it on a soltek 75frn2-l???

TEDY
11-02-2004, 12:52 AM
when it will work with DFI NF2 INFINITY ?

Minnyboy
11-02-2004, 01:01 AM
Somebody has tried the OCZBooster with DFI 875P-T?
tHZ

FUGGER has on his excursion to 6GHz+...

Nazaar
11-05-2004, 02:50 AM

i'd like to knwo this to ...

the ocz webstite doesnt mention this board.
:stick:

Jasonxxx
11-09-2004, 10:14 AM
Howdy Gascogne.
Do you use DC? Since Im curently waiting for my mems, I would like to knom which slots u have the booster in and the mems.

The best choice would be:
Slot 4:Booster
Slot 3:
Slot 2:512\____ DC
Slot 1:512/

Or how do you run it?

That is exactly my question? I have the booster right now, and will either order the neo2 or if dfi ever delievers the nf3 or nf4 939 board.. I would suspect if you have DC that using slots 1 & 2 for 512mb x 2 would be the best choice and then puting the booster in slot 4, but not 100% sure if slots 1&2 are the best choice, and also will the the memory and booster even fit in this configuration....?

pumbertot
11-09-2004, 01:36 PM
That is exactly my question? I have the booster right now, and will either order the neo2 or if dfi ever delievers the nf3 or nf4 939 board.. I would suspect if you have DC that using slots 1 & 2 for 512mb x 2 would be the best choice and then puting the booster in slot 4, but not 100% sure if slots 1&2 are the best choice, and also will the the memory and booster even fit in this configuration....?

i have a winchester 3200 in a neo2. DIMMs 1&2 house my ballistix and DIMM 4 the booster. it is a snug fit with the booster just clearing the heatspreader of the DIMM in slot 2.

currently running them at 2.5-2-2-9 1T @ 270MHz with 3.4Vdimm.
been prime blend test stable for past 5 hours and still running.

without the booster I couldnt get stable at 2.5-4-4-9 1T @ 253+MHz with 2.85Vdimm(motherboard max) so its a good combination.

ElixXx
11-12-2004, 05:48 PM
DFI nF3 UT = yes ( 3.6volt ive tested ) , but with 2 DS sticks its unstable cuz the booster dosent fit in slot3 :(

Dani
11-13-2004, 11:39 AM
DFI LP 250GB = Ok, 4.1V in Booster -> 3.93V from mosfet -> 3.87V in SmartQuardian

htkm1
11-14-2004, 09:20 AM
Just got the Booster. Working great on MSI Neo 2 Platinum mobo.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/akulaII/OCZ%20Booster/oczb-06.jpg

Able to push my BH-5s. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/akulaII/OCZ%20Booster/oczb-255HTT.jpg

Joe Camel
11-15-2004, 08:22 AM
(long time no post, in this thread)

well, its time (for me) to move on to 64s... anybody have a booster running in a Abit AV8 939 mobo? (which slot & how high? :banana4: )

thanks!

PS nice Storm WB htkm1 !!

TridenT
11-18-2004, 05:05 PM
works fine - NF7-S with 3,6v. :toast:

http://lepclan.com.br/webfile/sandra260fsb.jpg

bug
11-19-2004, 10:13 AM
hi guys, i got the EpoX 8rda+ Rev2.1 ..and read that the booster isn't working on that mobo.. but i've just recieved one 8rda+ rev2.1 but Limited Edition, i noticed that the voltage regulator chip differs from that on the regular 8rda+rev2.1 , i'll be so happy to know if the booster works on the Limited Edition of the board.. and one last question: Is it dangerous for the board if i try without knowing if it will work or not.. and is there a chance that the booster will burn my mobo if it doesn't works? :stick:

goreblast
11-19-2004, 10:54 AM
I know that the title of this thread is motherboards that the OCZ diagnostic thing works in, but here is one that most definately doesnt.

DFI Infinity athlon board. Have a booster and thought what the hell give it try (yeah I know the site sand list in the box says not to use it on the lanparty nforce board, but I stupidly thought, it might work on the infinity). Put it in and then decided to ramp up the voltage a bit - turned knob to 3.4V and machine crashed - electrical burning smell! :( :slobber:

Board will not boot at all, no matter what memory config I use the wee led beside memory no longer works. :( I hope to god that the OCZ ram is OK and the Radeon 9800pro and the XP-M 2500 are OK

What an ass I am!

bug
11-19-2004, 11:11 AM
lol that sounds bad:( so i'm not going to try it with my new limited edition 8rda+ before i got 100% confirmed information that it works ..

RocKer
11-19-2004, 11:35 AM
hi guys, i got the EpoX 8rda+ Rev2.1 ..and read that the booster isn't working on that mobo.. but i've just recieved one 8rda+ rev2.1 but Limited Edition, i noticed that the voltage regulator chip differs from that on the regular 8rda+rev2.1 , i'll be so happy to know if the booster works on the Limited Edition of the board.. and one last question: Is it dangerous for the board if i try without knowing if it will work or not.. and is there a chance that the booster will burn my mobo if it doesn't works? :stick:
I am also on Epox 8rda3+ rev 2.1,and i have a booster but it all depends on what psu you got,best is a 450w or above.

I run it with a chieftech psu 360w rightnow and cannot come above 3.1v with the booster,with 520w psu it will be easy over 3.4v and higher.

seb87
11-19-2004, 11:45 AM
i make this at 3.4v

http://www.hwmaniak.it/Articoli/3500_009/kjl.JPG

seb87
11-19-2004, 11:49 AM
Just got the Booster. Working great on MSI Neo 2 Platinum mobo.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/akulaII/OCZ%20Booster/oczb-06.jpg

Able to push my BH-5s. :D
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/akulaII/OCZ%20Booster/oczb-255HTT.jpg

3.6?? .....when I put more than 3.4 the msi reset........why?? :(

trans am
11-19-2004, 04:04 PM
Just ordered this for a GB k8Ns Ultra 939. the xp works to 3.7v so I'm going to assume it works with this board too.

burnhead
11-20-2004, 02:01 AM
anyone tried with abit AV8??

Joe Camel
11-20-2004, 02:58 AM
this is a post in the "S939 mobos - known bugs, tweaks and fixes" thread:

some info on the:

Abit AV8
AGP-lock working
stable Vcore up to 1.85v
vdimm overvolts to 2.85v on highest setting, OCZ Booster working
use slot 1&2 for BH-5, 3&4 for TCCD.
BH-5 doesn't work well at all, no matter what voltage
runs great with tccd memory
CPU-temp readings way off

well, i just grew balls (or REALLY need to sleep...)
OCZ DDR Booster is in and running on my AV8
DDR @ 3.0V and DDR VTT is tracking (reads 1.54V)
upping on the fly...3.3V but VTT is still 1.55...3.4 but 1.5... :upset:

upped (in bios) DDR to 2.8 (max)...booster@3.2V VTT@1.66 :banana:
could be bios setting could be reboot...

not real stable or "Mushie 222 rev 2"s ("new"? TCCD) dont like >3.0V...

be ready to get a fan on your MEM...pups got HOT!

burnhead
11-20-2004, 07:20 AM
So it does work with AV8... Could this be that the Motherboard even ADDS its own VTT and the voltage coming form the booster, so it gives the ram ~6 VOLTS??
are u able to get the board stable with the booster in it? is anyone able to get it booster - stable?

Joe Camel
11-20-2004, 08:27 AM
So it does work with AV8... Could this be that the Motherboard even ADDS its own VTT and the voltage coming form the booster, so it gives the ram ~6 VOLTS??

huh?

VTT should be 1/2 of VDIMM (+/-)

i should be able to get some better stats today (after my 4 hour nap) :wierd:

burnhead
11-20-2004, 09:01 AM
aahhh... i see... then it could be, that the board doesn´t read it out EXACTLY.... this little differences...

what a 4 hour nap?

Joe Camel
11-20-2004, 09:12 AM
i put the booster in at like 5:45am and gave up and went to bed @ 7:45am and now its 11:30 - 12 ;)

EDIT:

ok i can now say that the VTT tracks after a reboot.
this is still @ (BIOS) setting DDR 2.8V (max) ... havent tested other settings
tested as high as 3.3V (VTT went to 1.70V)

id say we have a winner :toast:

PS geting a higher FSB with 3.3V vs 3.0 (Mushkin 222 V2) :rocker:

burnhead
11-20-2004, 11:38 AM
pardon? what does "VTT Tracks" mean???
what do you mean with "we have a winner"? is AV8 best board ever for clocking or what?

Joe Camel
11-20-2004, 11:52 AM
as much as id like to say look it up yourself... :stick:

some mobo's (Abit NF7-s) dont "track" (keep VTT at 1/2 VDIMM) above the mobo's standard setting
and thus dont work well with the DDR Booster.

this mobo does... thus the "we have a winner" ;)

PS doing some MAX mem tests (with 3.3V and relaxed timings) and the G-Skill "seem" to respond better than the Mushkins...

bug
11-20-2004, 12:57 PM
I am also on Epox 8rda3+ rev 2.1,and i have a booster but it all depends on what psu you got,best is a 450w or above.

I run it with a chieftech psu 360w rightnow and cannot come above 3.1v with the booster,with 520w psu it will be easy over 3.4v and higher.

8rda+ rev2.1 Limited Edition .. not 8rda3+

my psu is 450w..

the only thing i know is that the voltage regulator chip differs from the regular 8rda+ rev2.1 and 8rda+ rev2.1 limited edition.. and the thing works on 8rda+ rev1.1 .. that's why i want to know if it works on the LE...

Stinger
11-22-2004, 03:04 AM
Any1 tried the booster in Shuttles SN95G5 Barebone?

Bluesman_dk
11-23-2004, 02:07 PM
Joe Camel: :toast:

I got the same combo.
I'm a bit currious.
Which dimm socket are you running the booster in?

Facedeharicot
11-24-2004, 12:58 PM
Does it work with ASUS SK8N motherboard? :stick:

andyOCZ
11-25-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey guys,

Well given that no one has posted about the EPOX 9NDA3+ motherboard I will :

DO NOT TRY THE BOOSTER IN THE 9NDA3!!

It ain't pretty what happens. It will cause MOSFET to explode. We all know what happens then. The board has been added to the official list on the OCZ website as incompatible.

Cranox
11-26-2004, 12:21 AM
Thx for that info AndyOCZ , i have that board soon
Luckely the vmods on that board are very simple

bachus_anonym
11-26-2004, 12:30 AM
so what's the deal with OCZ Booster nad MSI Neo2 Platinum NF3 mainboard?
maximum 3.4v - that what is says on the CZ website. but i see people giving even 3.8v... do they boot @ 3.4v and then adjust to > 3.4v once they are in Windows???

htkm1
11-26-2004, 09:57 PM
maximum 3.4v - that what is says on the CZ website. but i see people giving even 3.8v... do they boot @ 3.4v and then adjust to > 3.4v once they are in Windows???

Mine is doing 3.6v. As for Adjusting the Booster Voltage, I'll go into Bios, use a multimeter and read the Vdimm mosfet's voltage. then I'll adjust it to 3.6v. Reboot and that's it. Everytime when i on the system it will boot at 3.6v.

andyOCZ
11-30-2004, 12:21 PM

Hello, I have posted B4 that the 3.4v is only the speed TESTED. Not maxiamum. The guys doing the tseting were told to do 3.4v and call it good. the boards that show higher were tested my some of out trusted friends or my one of us at OCZ that has the nerve to go for it . ;)

andyOCZ
11-30-2004, 12:27 PM
As the tiltle says, the booster work just fine with the Gigabyte K8NS Ultra-939. Go for it!

Also BIOS F5 is floating around and a link can be forund here:http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?p=614543#post614543

It's not yet officially released and fixed many of the issues like the cold boot problem when overclocking. :) Try it.

Joe Camel
11-30-2004, 07:33 PM
Joe Camel: :toast:

I got the same combo.
I'm a bit currious.
Which dimm socket are you running the booster in?

sorry, havent checked back here...ive had it (booster) in 1,2 and 4 with ram in 3/4, 3/4 and 1/2 but NOTHING seems to get my old (BH-5) Mushies or the new (TCCD) anywhere close to what G-Skill can do in this mobo...270+ (dual/1Gig)

any modded BIOSs out there for the AV8? i really want my BH-5 in this thing...

Brum Man
12-03-2004, 06:21 AM
Any news on the booster and any of the NF4 boards, or have none of them been tested yet? (Don't know whether you guys get any versions of the boards to test out before they are released)

clarence
12-05-2004, 12:31 PM
DFI nF3 UT = yes ( 3.6volt ive tested ) , but with 2 DS sticks its unstable cuz the booster dosent fit in slot3 :(

How abt 2xSS dimms??? I have 2x256mb HyperX BH5 waiting for the volts.
What's the deal with slot 3?? Why must it be there?

meke
12-06-2004, 01:33 AM
Can you please create a text base database in the first post?

It's too hard to find your mobo and the confirmation.

dimasdw
12-07-2004, 01:02 AM
i just try OCZ DDR booster on ASUS K8NE but the LED doesn't turn on,there are no problem go to windows,the problem just the LED.now i don't know if this thing work on my mobo or not,somebody can help me?

Bennah
12-07-2004, 02:56 PM
Does it work with ASUS SK8N motherboard? :stick:

Also would like to find this out :D

Works on a SK8V, probably the SK8N too?

j0j0
12-08-2004, 02:18 AM
i've a big problem too, if i want to use my ocz booster and 2*256 A-Date nh5 it doesen't work but if i put one stick in , the ocz booster works fine , need help!
that means , i can increase the voltage on the two stick but nothing happend , no difference between 2.6v and ~3.9v , but with one stick and ~3.7v i can boot and run 32m @300fsb without problems, and it makes no difference which stick i use.
bios is 1.36b

Dani
12-08-2004, 03:12 AM
How abt 2xSS dimms??? I have 2x256mb HyperX BH5 waiting for the volts.
What's the deal with slot 3?? Why must it be there?

It will fit with 2xSS if you pull away those tinycrappy heatsinks from Booster ;)

If I put my Booster in first slot from socket, mobo doesnt boot at all

Joe Camel
12-10-2004, 01:08 PM
i just try OCZ DDR booster on ASUS K8NE but the LED doesn't turn on,there are no problem go to windows,the problem just the LED.now i don't know if this thing work on my mobo or not,somebody can help me?

this is an issue with the PSU...not having a -5V or something...

It will fit with 2xSS if you pull away those tinycrappy heatsinks from Booster
sure, and if you run 3+ V without sinks on thoes MOSFETS, youll be getting a new booster...cause the FETS fried!

dimasdw
12-11-2004, 01:46 AM

so how to solve the problem should i use another PSU?
:confused:

cetoole
12-11-2004, 02:05 AM
I have run it in my AN7, had to mod the heatsink so it would fit in dimm 1, because of a cap on the board, but it works fine.

dimasdw
12-11-2004, 03:04 AM

okay now i change the DDR boster conection from conect with 1st PSU (without -5V) to 2nd PSU (with -5V) {i am use dual PSU }....but the LED only light on once when i turn on PC after that LED light off ,anyone have solution? :confused:

gclg2000
12-11-2004, 12:36 PM
are there plans for a DDR2 compatable booster???

andyOCZ
12-11-2004, 11:23 PM
okay now i change the DDR boster conection from conect with 1st PSU (without -5V) to 2nd PSU (with -5V) {i am use dual PSU }....but the LED only light on once when i turn on PC after that LED light off ,anyone have solution? :confused:

Using dual PSU?? Please try using one PSU with a -5v line.

andyOCZ
12-11-2004, 11:26 PM

I really don't know the answer. DDR2 is low voltage anyway. I'm sure our engineering department is looking into the possibilities.

SteveOCZ
12-12-2004, 02:01 PM

DDR2 cooks with too much voltage from what I've seen

Grov
12-13-2004, 02:54 PM
About the DFI Lanparty Nf3 250GB.

Will it fit with 2 sticks of ram? i seriously doubt it will. Ive just got 2x 512mb of OCZ VX, and i won't be able to push it otherwise. :mad:

jmke
12-13-2004, 03:03 PM
put the Booster in DIMM1 , then 2 other dimms will fit in nicely:)

Grov
12-13-2004, 03:10 PM
Is that because it sticks out more on one side?

All the slots are really close together, same spaces? Are you sure?

Thanks. :cool:

Merlinen
12-16-2004, 02:39 AM
Hi dose the DDR booster work on my EPoX EP-8KDA3+??voltage??
And if so dose i need 2 put my 2x512 in slot 2/3 ???

Brum Man
12-16-2004, 09:05 AM
Any Nforce4 updates?

LenniZ
12-18-2004, 01:44 PM
Does the booster work with the DFI LP UT S754 board ? thinking about 1x OCZ VX + booster..
when will the s939 LP board come ?

stevehat1
12-19-2004, 10:36 AM
Hey guys,

Well given that no one has posted about the EPOX 9NDA3+ motherboard I will :

DO NOT TRY THE BOOSTER IN THE 9NDA3!!

It ain't pretty what happens. It will cause MOSFET to explode. We all know what happens then. The board has been added to the official list on the OCZ website as incompatible.
Mongoose lost a 9NDA3 board with the booster :explode: early on after the boards were released. I would say that the same holds true for the 8KDA3 as well. They both use the same chip to control mem voltage. The same vmod works for both boards ;)
Incompatability may have to do with vmem being supplied by 5v rail

gocchin
12-20-2004, 05:10 PM
How do I know if my booster is revision 2 or not? Thanks.

DevilsRejection
12-20-2004, 05:16 PM
it says it on the left

http://www.xbitlabs.com/images/memory/ocz-booster/booster.jpg

gocchin: did you install the booster before you put on your xp-90?

i know you told me to put RAM in after i put in xp-90 but what about booster?

EDIT: Just re-read your PM, you said put ram in then booster, both after xp-90 then attach fan, sorry for the confusion!

andyOCZ
12-20-2004, 06:01 PM
Does the booster work with the DFI LP UT S754 board ? thinking about 1x OCZ VX + booster..
when will the s939 LP board come ?

The booster works great but if you put the memory in slot 1 and the booster in slot 3 only one stick can be used. You have to mod the booster or as I have heard you can put the booster in slot one, but overclocking is not as good. I have not tried the booster in slot 1.

gocchin
12-20-2004, 07:33 PM
it says it on the left

Hehe thanks I must be blind... it's just hard to look at it when it's squeezed in there ;)

andyOCZ
12-22-2004, 06:52 PM
Hey guys, just letting you know I posted up a mod guide for the Booster here:

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=48617

It's mostly pics, but pretty well explains how to make the Booster work on DFI and Chaintech socket 754 boards. It might also help some NF2 guys.

DoGMaN
12-22-2004, 06:58 PM
Nice mod Andy, should help a lot of people :D

Benny Lodewijk
12-25-2004, 07:08 PM
Added : GA-K8NF-9 support OCZ DDR Booster. So far i can reach 3.4volt vdimm

TridenT
12-25-2004, 07:37 PM
Asus A8V just 3,1 ... bad ovp ... heh

Millyons
12-30-2004, 02:48 AM
Epox KDA3J rev 2.2 doesn't work with the booster, tried but the PSU doesn't even power on

andyOCZ
12-30-2004, 12:37 PM
Epox KDA3J rev 2.2 doesn't work with the booster, tried but the PSU doesn't even power on

What power supply? Some won't work. I am not sure if the Epox has been tried.

Millyons
12-30-2004, 03:27 PM
Enermax 460

Ya I read somewhere that the 8kda3 has been tried but the board died, that was iirc on a earlyer rev of the board, so it could be that, even though the vdimm vr are the same on all revs.

I used the booster on an AN7 with the same psu and it worked (kinda, vdimm variated alot)

IvanAndreevich
12-30-2004, 09:02 PM
Working good on Neo2 Plat. 4th slot.

andyOCZ
12-30-2004, 10:00 PM
Enermax 460

Ya I read somewhere that the 8kda3 has been tried but the board died, that was iirc on a earlyer rev of the board, so it could be that, even though the vdimm vr are the same on all revs.

I used the booster on an AN7 with the same psu and it worked (kinda, vdimm variated alot)

Enermax PSUs have been an issue and are not booster friendly. Try another PSU if you can. Just beware that we don't know if that board is compatible.

poch
12-30-2004, 10:47 PM
Enermax PSUs have been an issue and are not booster friendly. Try another PSU if you can. Just beware that we don't know if that board is compatible.

This might be the reason why i'm stuck at 230fsb @ 3.2v. The reading on the booster changes from 3.2 to 3.1 and even 3.0 during gaming and it gives artifacts sometimes. Hopefully my new PSU can fix this. :)

I'm getting a 510 p&c turbo cool deluxe btw.

luseruser
12-31-2004, 01:28 AM
Anyone know if OCZ DDR-Booster works on the ASUS A8N-SLI?

Millyons
12-31-2004, 02:41 AM

I already did the vdimm mod so i don't need the booster on the epox, i just wanted to post that it may be incopatible with the 8KDA series

Reflex1
12-31-2004, 02:55 AM
Anyone know if OCT DDR-Booster works on the ASUS A8N-SLI?
it doesn't work i heard ...

Nazaar
12-31-2004, 04:08 AM
modded booster works fine on nf7-s rev2.0

Dynasty
01-01-2005, 10:32 PM
will the ddr booster work on the MSI K8N diamond ???

andyOCZ
01-02-2005, 10:50 AM
will the ddr booster work on the MSI K8N diamond ???

I have no idea what that board is. Do you mean Platinum, if so then yes.

Torin
01-02-2005, 10:59 AM
He means the nf4 MSI K8N Diamond

Lord_RTKK
01-02-2005, 11:16 AM
How about Abit KV8 Pro 1.1 s754 board??
I´ve read about Abit AV8 s939, and I suppose that they use the same circuits and IC´s to regule voltages, but I want to hear something about the booster and KV8 Pro, someone had tried it??
I need more Vdimm to buy OCZ VX, but no vdimm mod exists for KV8 Pro... :( :(