PDA

View Full Version : Cooling technologies roundup

Klosterbruder
10-19-2002, 08:18 AM
Hi there,
"A friend and I want to write a roundup. We want to compare all cooling technologies (hopefully all, cause we have no peltier for the water cooling). We will compare air cooling, water cooling + peltier + ice chilled, heat pipe, vapor chase system and LN2. We want to do theoretical test and a real test (with a Intel Pentium P4 Socket 478 CPU). The roundup will be done in the week of 21 October until the 25 October in cooperation with the IHP ( Innovations for high performance microelectronics). "
OK this I've cut from a e-mail to chip-con, but they haven't answered, but no problem. This we want to do next week ( I think we need more than a week, cause we some problems with getting this stuff). I want to ask if you've some suggestions, tips or something else we should pay attention to. I think if you're interested in, I could write a English version of the roundup for xtremesystems.org. Hopefully we'll have fun with it. Main problem we have is that my 1,6 a P4 has nearly reached the limit of the mobo, so we couldn't to find the limits with other cooling stuff. But we'll check the compare temperatures, with a high overclocked P4.
Greetings Klosterbruder

sysfailur
10-19-2002, 09:33 AM
Sounds like a neat idea. Results ought to be interesting.

OPPAINTER
10-19-2002, 10:57 AM
Klosterbruder,

That should be great, Xtreme would love to have a English version. You say your mobo is reaching it's limits, I suggest useing an Abit IT7 for testing.

OPP

xtreme
10-19-2002, 04:07 PM
hmm klosterbruder from oc-inside ?

huhu :>

<-sonic

Klosterbruder
10-20-2002, 10:04 AM
yes oc-inside, too. Gruß nach Deutschland. Yes OPP your are right, but i haven't one of this mobo, that's my problem and for a pupil like me it's very expensive to buy one this, just for testing. I couldn't know that my 1,6 a is so good and get nearly the 200 MHz with stock cooling.

Klosterbruder
10-21-2002, 10:52 AM
Day 1
very short cause my fahter need the Inet PC
-test stable settings with Intel Boxed for aircooling so far 1,6@2,66 with 1,65V
-built up test configuration (easy :D )
-built LN2 container 8x7x0,5 cm cupperplate and steel pipe (5 cm Diameter and 50 cm high (is it to big, i don't know? What's your opinion), putting it together tommorow
-Chilling ;)

Klosterbruder
10-22-2002, 12:39 PM
Day 2 -finished virtual self-made cpu, test tomorrow -finished LN2 container :banana: , looks great pics and test hopefully tomorrow -finished test for stability (1,6@2,8 with 1,7 V prime gets errors but don't hang up with toast, sandra burn-in and burnp6 at same time) my boxed cooler seems to be more and more impressive -finished preperation of external heat sensor -get some Annoyance by our responsible person, he means we are to lazy and unprepared, that's not my oponion -get some problems with getting a prometia system, cause sending in Germany cost 50$-70$ per Transmission, have to see how to solve, that's why we need some more time than one week to finish the practical part
{be so kind and write something if it interests nobody (i don't mean the complete one, only the daily news), i don't worry about it, but i needn't waste my time and could something other}
greetings Klosti

Klosterbruder
10-23-2002, 01:32 PM
hmm 10 visits last day OK, perhaps i should give up, but I have first photos today.
Day 3:
-test virtual self-made cpu with no cooler, gets hot (140°C)
-test virtual self-made cpu with intel in a box cooler (57°C)
-take some photos
-some long discussion about working of coffee machine and put the intel cooler and virtual self-made cpu with a string (I mean it works instead of some clips, but the others don't, whats your oponion?)