PDA

View Full Version : Question for anyone that owns a Lian-Li PC-V1000 case

DanIdentity
08-01-2004, 04:28 AM
Hey guys, this is my first post here, great forum you have.

I'm thinking of getting a Lian-Li PC-V1000B to build a new Intel LGA775 system. I'd like to hookup my two IDE hard drives using serial ATA connectors and cables, so I was thinking of getting some parallel to serial ATA converters that plug into the back of the IDE drive, like these:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProdu...-999-111&depa=0

My question is this, because the drives are mounted sideways in the V1000, how much room is between the back of a mounted hard drive (where you plug in the power and IDE cables) and the side panel? Here's an image of the converter plugged into the back of an IDE drive, do you think there's enough room to fit it without it hitting the side panel?

http://www.tweaknews.net/reviews/highpoint/img/5.jpg

boasist
08-02-2004, 12:16 PM
i'd say about 2-2.5"

it'd be a tight fit.

i'd just ditch the converters and go IDE.

DanIdentity
08-02-2004, 12:18 PM
People say you need extended length IDE cables for them to reach the drives in this case, is that true? I'd rather not use out-of-spec cables, which is why I was considering the adapters.

boasist
08-03-2004, 07:51 PM
well between my mobo ide connector and the HD bay.......its about 10 inches........so go double that to be safe.......and depending on where in the cage your going to mount the drive.....top or bottom left or right

ejc00
08-04-2004, 04:05 PM
boasist... can you post your rig specs? i'm interested in building in a PC-V1000, and i'd like to see what parts fit best. thanks.

boasist
08-07-2004, 08:46 PM
asus p4c800-e delux
2 optical
card reader
front panel sound board
raid card
audigy card
graphics card
4 raptors
2 250gbs
1 PSU

watercooling

check it out under "Follow the virgin install" under the liquid cooling section for some pics. still pretty spacious........just need some longer SATA cables to make it up to that raid card.