PDA

View Full Version : IC7-G max2 blows at ocing?

Perc
07-31-2004, 12:01 PM
hey guys

got a question or three! i have a ic7 that ocs like a mofo so i picked up another one bran new in the box but this time it was a ic7-g max2 and let me tell you IT SUX :( now i have tried a couple diff bios and so far not the progress i was looking for? im using the same 3.0c chip that i always use with the same memory same everything except this new ic7-g max2 instead of my usaly ic7. now in this new mb i cant even run 250x15 1:1 where as with the other mb this same chip will reach 280 x15 1:1 and 250x15 1:1 on the defualt v-core. is there anything i should know about this new ic7-g max2 that will help my ocs? i cant see this mb being that much worse then my other one. can you guys help me out here....

thx perc,

3rd-Dimension
07-31-2004, 12:17 PM
disable onboard lan? otherwise no diff from ic7 than also 2 more sata ports. May have just gotten bad luck with the board.

Cid
07-31-2004, 03:55 PM
Very interesting that your having this problem. I'm currently running a IC7-G and I bought my friends 3.0c which did 250 1:1 on his Asus easy on stock volts.

Now, when I put into my mobo the highest I can go is 245 1:1 on stock volts. :mad:

Even if up the volts to 1.6v I can't get stable at 250. :upset:

Karnivore
07-31-2004, 04:14 PM
Not sure what is causing the problems, the IC7-G I have has no problems, 300+ FSB is no problem, although it is a Rev1.0.... Don't see what Abit could have done to them..

Perc
08-01-2004, 02:19 AM
ive changed the bios a few time and now it seems to be working like my other one? gues it just needed some running time? at first i thought i had a bad mb. gues not...

thx guys, perc

Cid
08-01-2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Perc
ive changed the bios a few time and now it seems to be working like my other one? gues it just needed some running time? at first i thought i had a bad mb. gues not...

thx guys, perc

What bios version are you running that allowed you to get a high FSB?

jll
08-01-2004, 06:58 AM
It's true that some Ic7's have a manufacter prob with the vcore mosfet near the agp slot?

I've burned mine on that spot and a friend told me that it was a well know problem, do you know of that!

A final question, is abit rmaing the boards with that problem? In Portugal the supplyer is making problems to change boards on that condition.

Thanks in advance

Best wishes

Jorge Lopes

Karnivore
08-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by jll
It's true that some Ic7's have a manufacter prob with the vcore mosfet near the agp slot?

I've burned mine on that spot and a friend told me that it was a well know problem, do you know of that!

A final question, is abit rmaing the boards with that problem? In Portugal the supplyer is making problems to change boards on that condition.

Haven't experienced, or heard that problem myself, I've built at least 30 OverClocked IC7's, so it can't be that well known....

As long as there isn't any mods or physical damage you shouldn't have a problem, Abit is pretty good for RMA....

Perc
08-01-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Cid
What bios version are you running that allowed you to get a high FSB?

well the mb came with some old version (probly the first release) and wouldnt even oc on mhz!! then i tried the latest bios wich helped but still cut me off at around 240 1:1 then i put bios 24 in and bamm back to the same ole 280 1:1 i was getting out of my other ic7 mb..... so far these ic7 mb's have treated me real well when it comes to ocing. wouldnt use anything else thats for damm sure!!

@Karnivore

comeon man send me that pm ive been waiting for. goingto make me a happy appy camper :D

peace perc,