PDA

View Full Version : Stacker vs Lian Li V2000???

SLN
07-31-2004, 11:41 AM
Hi guys, First post here...kind of a noob question
Like the title says...which one would you prefer??
The v2000 is about 70euros more expensive. Does it justify such an increase over coolermaster (or Lian Li pc 70 for that matter). I would appreciate if anyone with a personal experience of the v2000 would write a couple of lines.
Thanks in advance...

masterofpuppets
07-31-2004, 12:27 PM
I prefer the look of the v2000 alot. So my vote goes to the V2000.

chunkylover77
07-31-2004, 03:02 PM
Me too. That is what I just picked up

noreturn
08-01-2004, 04:28 AM
i personally like sealed and filtered cases better because of dust issues, but i have to admit i like the v2000's look better...

Sphinx
08-01-2004, 04:47 AM
V2000 is more sexy! So v2000 is the way to go!

SLN
08-01-2004, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the replies guys. My point is, are the sexier looks and dust filters worth the extra 70euros?when the case costs 200-250 euros, the extra 70 marks a approx 33% increase in cost. I know the v2000 is larger than the coolermaster, but does the "two-compartment approach" make it less spacious than the stacker's "single-volume" approach.

berserk
08-05-2004, 08:50 PM
Depends what you are putting in the case. I have a CM-Stacker ordered and personally I prefer the CM-Stacker because the space inside the case is very flexibly while with the Lian Li it isn't.

I like the CM-Stacker looks and the functionality of having 11 5.25 bays is a plus for me.

Just two pics fro your comparison

Lian Li v2000
http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL490/1921416/3710846/62420641.jpg

CM-Stacker
http://pic13.picturetrail.com/VOL490/1921416/3710846/62420557.jpg

Alexandrus
08-06-2004, 01:36 AM
I'd get the Stacker, looks better to me and more spacious overall.

shrae
08-10-2004, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by Alexandrus
I'd get the Stacker, looks better to me and more spacious overall.

I actually think the Lian-Li looks more spacious... *shrug*

SLN
08-13-2004, 01:52 AM
Originally posted by shrae

Exactly my point...
The Lian Li IS more spacious...but the Stacker LOOKS more spacious. ;)
I am not sure if the bigger Lian Li actually "works"....
Seems like cable clutter cannot be avoided because of the up-side-down mobo placement. HDD's on the bottom with cables running up to meet the SATA controllers usually located on the lower end of the mobo (upper end of the case). Same thing with the PSU on the bottom of the case... powering up the optical drives on the other end of the case. I am not saying that it 's not a good case... Just thinking out loud I guess....
Actually the price delta between those two cannot justify the purchase solely "on looks" IMO.

berserk
08-13-2004, 02:11 AM
Originally posted by shrae
But the Stacker's space if more flexible then that of the Lian Li cause there's no partition's in the Stacker.

Let me give you an example. where would you put a 2x 120 or a 3 x 120 mm radiator in the Lian Li. In the stacker you can either put it on the top or in the bottom and all the other components in your PC would still be easy to install, with both configurations.

I am still convinced the Lian Li is not well designed to accomodate watercooling when compared to the Stacker.

Jupiler
08-17-2004, 10:48 PM
Originally posted by berserk
But the Stacker's space if more flexible then that of the Lian Li cause there's no partition's in the Stacker.

Let me give you an example. where would you put a 2x 120 or a 3 x 120 mm radiator in the Lian Li. In the stacker you can either put it on the top or in the bottom and all the other components in your PC would still be easy to install, with both configurations.

I am still convinced the Lian Li is not well designed to accomodate watercooling when compared to the Stacker.

That's what I've been thinking about too.
Looking at the pics of the V2000, the only place you can place a 2*120mm radiator is at the top of the case, which might give you problems installing the board. To bad, because I really like the case.

berserk
08-17-2004, 11:07 PM
I too think the Lian li looks good because of the aluminium but I prefer space against. I have a CM-Stacker near me and the internal space is wooow, but unfortunatley mine has a dent and I am waiting for a replacement.

My supplier was nice enough to let me keep the case until the new one is in, so I can plan my watercooling box on it.

Jupiler
08-17-2004, 11:21 PM
Got any pics of your case?

berserk
08-17-2004, 11:33 PM
need a camera, I'll try to post some tonight when I am back at home.

N. Veryha
08-20-2004, 10:51 PM
I like my stacker, to a certain extend. There are some problems that I would love to have seen fixed.

berserk
08-20-2004, 11:48 PM
What problems are you referring to?

N. Veryha
08-21-2004, 09:27 AM
there is an un-noted compatiblity issue with DFI LP based boards using the neo backplate :(

The fit is too tight, and litterally requires force to put in if you are willing to try. I did this for review purposes, and it didn't work out too well either...

EDIT:

I should mention that this is due to the bridge between the motherboard tray and the back of the case.

the bridge doesn't allow you to place the motherbard just a bit lower to screw it in there, with out some force, or modding.

http://www.coolermaster.com/product_common_images/30a3936a257e9ed73732d1ffac4a44e5.jpg

berserk
08-21-2004, 08:04 PM
Which LanParty in particular are you referring too, cause I am planning to get the DFI LanPartyUT with socket 939 support.

Can you maybe post a pic of the problem.

DragonWoLf
08-22-2004, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by N. Veryha
there is an un-noted compatiblity issue with DFI LP based boards using the neo backplate :(

The fit is too tight, and litterally requires force to put in if you are willing to try. I did this for review purposes, and it didn't work out too well either...

EDIT:

I should mention that this is due to the bridge between the motherboard tray and the back of the case.

the bridge doesn't allow you to place the motherbard just a bit lower to screw it in there, with out some force, or modding.

im quite new to building comps as im tryin to build my self a new comp as my current one is quite well whats the words? SH*T! really, but back to the point, will this problem become my problem is im to get that case and build? :banana:

N. Veryha
08-22-2004, 05:02 PM
only the NF2 based series requiring the neo backplate for thermalright users.

EDIT: I am testing several boards now, most are good, except for the NF2 UI and LP boards.

I only have so many boards as well :( I wish I could test all the boards for everyone here for a better compatibility list, but just not possible.

fareastgq
08-27-2004, 03:10 AM
I prefer the space of the older pc75's myself, v2000's look nice, but I hate the inside design. if I was building another comp, I would still go with one of those atm.

-=TriX=-
09-14-2004, 03:11 PM
The CM Stacker looks so dreamy...

Anyone else got one of these puppies yet?

SLN
09-15-2004, 01:14 AM
just got mine today (no smileys)
Before everyone starts jinxing me, I can't set it up yet cause my NF7-S kissed me goodbye and I am waiting for an RMA.
However I do have one question for you
How easy/difficult/impossible is it to "cut" the circle of the side panel, thus (magically) "creating" a window. I will use plexi to cover it up...
Just want your input on this simple mod
How does th idea sound to you? It doesn't damage anything vital so it's low-risk... Will the outcome be worth it? Should I go for a bigger "hole"???
Thanks guys

Bennah
09-15-2004, 04:28 AM
The V2000... its a piece of art. Very well constructed and the curves are something to die for :D

You would be supprised how much room there is around the mobo area, when you take out the pci/agp card support pillar. I took it out as it does'nt even do anything. Talking about space, you can get a football field in HD area. You can mount a rad there using the front intake fan. Just take out the first HD row of rack mounts, but you still will have 6 rack mounts for HD's.

SLN
09-15-2004, 06:14 AM
Ok, just got to play a little bit with my stacker and I realized the stupidity of my above statement.
The side circle seems to be screwed to the side panel so there's my easy no hassle removal. Now the thing about the plexi is a whole other story.

@Bennah. The idea of removing the first drive bay to accomodate the rad seems kind of..."revolutionary". First time I heard of it. Very nice man!! :up: :up: :up:

Bennah
09-15-2004, 08:43 AM
Also, there are holes in the rack mounts, that the WC tubing could go through.

I'l get some pics for you, to examplain :thumbsup:

gaida
09-20-2004, 06:12 PM
I've had the v2100 for over 2months now.It is a v2000 with the door on.
It is an incredible case,7 cd drives and 12 hdds amazing.
The case is extremely quiet(there is foam everywhere).
Cabling is a problem as the holes are not big enough if u got many hdds.
The new design reduces the temps quite a bit aswell.
The only problem i see is there is no reset button on the cae.
Oh and there arent any alu 5" slot covers that support slot loading drives(pioneer).

tricknasty
09-21-2004, 11:33 AM
im proly getting a stacker, i need space for a 2x120mm radiator and my prometiea wont reach in the v2000 up to my cpu.

ant1
09-25-2004, 12:40 PM
The V2000 is the best looking case for sale atm. What I donĀ“t like is the WTX form factor which makes it hard for Vapo users.

SLN
09-29-2004, 12:06 AM
im proly getting a stacker, i need space for a 2x120mm radiator and my prometiea wont reach in the v2000 up to my cpu.

Where would you accomodate a 120.2 radiator in the stacker?
I assume that you intend to fit it inside...
Faceplate maybe?

berserk
09-29-2004, 12:11 AM
In the top or bottom. Either way some cutting in needed.

Maybe on teh front but will be loosing valuable 5/14 drive space.

SLN
09-30-2004, 01:13 AM
What would you suggest? Top or bottom?
Top requires more cutting....
Bottom (cutting around the metal grill) probably hinders air flow...

berserk
09-30-2004, 05:30 AM
I did not put my radiator in the bottom becuase of two main reasons.

I did not have the correct tools to cut the metal bottom. The top is aluminium and was easier to cut.

Secondly if I had to put the radiator in the bottom then I would need to find a new position for the pump. I have an eheim 1250 so it is not small and would have taken valueable space. Plus I have a dual bay res.

I would suggest to put it in the top. Plus I don't really like the idea of having fans pushing air to the flow. After some basic testing I felt it increased the noise of the fans, so I optted to have the rad on the top.

One main disadvantage I can see in have the rad at the top is that if you have a leak in the rad there's more possibility of damaging the components underneath it. But hay after all if a good water leak test is done, this should not be a problem.

With regards to your doubts about hindering the airflow if you cut the bottom grill, anyways you decided to place the rad you will always be hindering the airflow in a way or another, so I wouldn't bother much about it.

tricknasty
09-30-2004, 06:10 AM
Where would you accomodate a 120.2 radiator in the stacker?
I assume that you intend to fit it inside...
Faceplate maybe?

in the front of the stacker where its all expansion bays. looks like a good spot for it. the watercooling only cools my video card and chipset anyways

wetworx101
10-12-2004, 06:46 PM
I have the 2000. I fit the eheim pump in the bottom, the fass-o-matic res in the front 5.25" bays (innovatek 5.25" mounting bracket). I mounted the innovatek passive rad (konvekt-o-matic MAXI) on the other side and called it a day. The orientation of the case also lends itself to a very cool looking window even though it's on the other side. You can actually see the video card very well. I mounted the hard drive (WD740GD) in the 5.25" bays because I have the original HD cooler from innovatek that requires it anyways. I also thought of drilling dual 120mm holes instead of the window and mounting the innovatek dual 120mm fan on the side...but I thought the passive option would be perfect with this case.

SLN
10-13-2004, 03:41 AM
in the front of the stacker where its all expansion bays. looks like a good spot for it. the watercooling only cools my video card and chipset anyways

Ok then...
6 drive bays (actually... 7) for the thermochil 120.2, 3 for the HDD bay, 1 for the "power-on panel-thingie", leaves 2 drive bays free for CD-roms (12 bays total)
I have 3 currently (i admit its overkill and I will probably end up with 2 if needed 1 DVD-R and 1 CD-R/DVD(for fast ripping or 1-1 copying) It's already pretty crowded in there and if the thermochill takes up 7 slots (inlet/outlet), I have a problem. That's why I am examining alternate positions for the 120.2 rad.

wetworx101
10-13-2004, 12:49 PM
I take it you are talkin about the stacker. too bad, that big side thingie with the foam the the fan bracket takes up alot of space, or I would say drill your dual 120mm on the side...mount the rad on the door.

Or you could look at a passive solution that would mount on the outside anyways...eliminating the issue all together.

Epsilon
10-13-2004, 10:44 PM
Put your radiator against the top in de upper two drivebays. The PSU can stay in the top if you want, there is plenty of room there :D

wetworx101
10-13-2004, 11:28 PM
or make a blowhole...that would be cool

SLN
10-14-2004, 01:34 AM
I take it you are talkin about the stacker. too bad, that big side thingie with the foam the the fan bracket takes up alot of space, or I would say drill your dual 120mm on the side...mount the rad on the door.

Or you could look at a passive solution that would mount on the outside anyways...eliminating the issue all together.

Yes, I am talking about the Stacker.
Door is aluminum I wouldn't want to stress it too much since I don't know the weight it can handle. The round thingie is not too much of a problem since I think I can "fit" the rad horizontally below the round thing. Actually this does not stress the door weight-wise too much since it is low and horizontal. Plus if everything goes to hell, the door panel is "expendable". You don't "ruin" your 200euros case but just your 20 euro side panel. I'll look into the idea when I get home.... Thanks wetworx!!! :up: :up: :up: :up:

SLN
10-14-2004, 01:40 AM
Put your radiator against the top in de upper two drivebays. The PSU can stay in the top if you want, there is plenty of room there :D

I think (if I understand what you are saying correctly) that the "stacker logo" thingie on top of the case would "prohibit" modding next to the PSU. I don't know if you are familiar with the design, there is a "cmstacker" logo beauty (???) thingie that extends 10-20cm across the top of the case. Sorry if my description of the area suckzzzz... :(

Epsilon
10-14-2004, 05:30 AM
Yeah i can see it :(

To bad :S
well
Then put the PSU on the bottom and the radiator in place of the PSU :)

cetoole
10-14-2004, 11:25 AM
Has anyone modded the stacker so it doesn't use the 5.25" expansion module? Get a different power and reset button and move it somewhere else?

wetworx101
10-14-2004, 08:53 PM
You could easily put on a military LED style switch or something cool as llong as youre at it...maybe mount the switch on the side or top...or find another bay device that you could mod to put the switch in...example...if you decide to use a fan controlling device you could mod one of the dials to be your on/off.

And about that reset switch...when is the last time anyone used one of those anyways?

TobyWong
10-22-2004, 12:15 PM
I went stacker and I love it.

I also happen to think it's a lot sexier than the v2000...

Alexandrus
10-22-2004, 01:34 PM
Hehehe, me too :)

Xassius
10-22-2004, 07:33 PM
I think (if I understand what you are saying correctly) that the "stacker logo" thingie on top of the case would "prohibit" modding next to the PSU. I don't know if you are familiar with the design, there is a "cmstacker" logo beauty (???) thingie that extends 10-20cm across the top of the case. Sorry if my description of the area suckzzzz... :(

http://www.ocprices.com/index.php?rev_id=238&cat_id=67&action=reviews

SLN
10-23-2004, 03:08 AM
Cool link Xassius
Thanks! :toast: :thumbsup:

chinabox
10-23-2004, 01:39 PM
went stacker too and didnt even consider the lian-li since lain-li's are WAY too expensive in denmark (the v2000 is almost 3 times the stacker! :eek: )

i choose it for the 120mm rear fan and the obvious plenty room for a dual rad at the bottom, tho i'm considering a HW labs extreme III and making room for it in the bottom with a cutout
the original plan was just to remove the grill at the bottom and mounting it back there with only drilling holes to attach it

i mounted the stacker on the wheels that came with it so the clearance is more than enough for intake :) (4.5-5cm)

the aluminum could easily withstand a dual/triple radiator tho
i know this because while assembling it i SAT on the mesh side and it didnt even bend!....much
also if mounted properly would actually strengthen the side panel :banana:

as for filtering... the front bay covers all have a thin layer of foam behind the mesh as do the round side
rear and top exhausts dont (duh!)

the front would also be an ideal mount for a dual radiator tho would leave me with 1 slot for my DVD-R and no place to put my rheobus :mad:

as for the spacing issue with the LP boards
my case (might be a rev 1.1 i dunno heh) has thinner "girders" with black rubber coating so that issue seems to have been solved :banana:

AliG
05-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Well, depends on what you plan to do with the case, the 832 stacker is an awesome looking case and is perfect for people that aren't interested all that much in extreme cooling, or even water, or general case mods. That's where the v2000b shines, I personally like the simplistic exterior, which is why I went for a p180b myself (had I know about the v2000b that would have been my choice instead) and the bottom bay offers tons of room for a watercooler or even waterchiller/phase change, it's been done a bunch of times meaning you could ask plenty of people for suggestions on v2000 mods

That's just my take on it, but both are amazing cases

ps: ever consider the p182/190?

TheDoc
05-09-2007, 01:47 PM
I am going to add my 2p worth.
Personally I would go for the V2000 (Black) over the stacker!
If however it was an old type cooler master stacker it would be a more difficult decision:(
Would you sell your favorite pet for this case (the V2000)
I would no questions and as soon as lady luck shines on me ( and the other half does not spend it all)
I will be investing in one as well :woot:
Doc

Sinnerman49
05-09-2007, 06:45 PM
I'd have to vote for the Stacker CM - my buddy has one - *HUGE*! (Great airflow)

Rilla927
05-10-2007, 05:12 AM
Well, depends on what you plan to do with the case, the 832 stacker is an awesome looking case and is perfect for people that aren't interested all that much in extreme cooling, or even water, or general case mods.

I was thinking of this case for a build in the future here. Will this case fit the Thermalright Coolers 120-Extreme or any of the large coolers from other manufacturers?

Thanks,

Rilla927

AliG
05-10-2007, 06:23 AM
I was thinking of this case for a build in the future here. Will this case fit the Thermalright Coolers 120-Extreme or any of the large coolers from other manufacturers?

Thanks,

Rilla927

Yup, especially the v2000b, that case is MASSIVE
I personally would wait until the ifx-14 comes out before buying a new hsf, but the ultra 120 e is still an excellent one to choose from

Have you considered the upcoming p190 or the current p182? I have a modded p180b that's essentially a p182 and that has plenty of room and is an excellent case for airflow. Problem comes in if I try to do an internal watercooler or phase change (which I'm debating which one to do), and that's where the v2000b shines because of the massive lowe chamber

Hope this helps

phelan1777
05-10-2007, 07:08 AM
WOW.........................way to dig up an old thread............:D

STACKER FTW!:fact: :woot:

Guys, I am willing to guess, that based on your low post count, you are trying to go for numbers?

I could be wrong, but........well you dig up a three year old thread.

When there are newer threads with a similar debate.

Rilla927
05-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Sorry, I can't see any date so I didn't know this thread was three years old.

The person I respnoded too on his/ her post just said "yesterday at such and such time".

phelan1777
05-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Sorry, I can't see any date so I didn't know this thread was three years old.

The person I respnoded too on his/ her post just said "yesterday at such and such time".

nothing personal, just its is a common practice for Spammers etc to post recklessly in order to get post count, especially since here on XS you have to have a 100 count before you can access other aspects of the forum.

Just giving you a heads up.

WELCOME TO XS, leave your sanity @ the Door, and don't mind the guys in white Jackets, they think they are the Sane ones, though we know they are the crazy ones. <<Hands Rilla a straight Jacket.

Rilla927
05-10-2007, 09:33 AM
No problem, I understand.

I just discovered by going to the first page in this thread that it was dated from 2004. I never noticed because I was so interested in what they were talking about.

I have read countless hours in this forum before I ever posted. So many interesting things, glad I found this place.

Sheik
05-10-2007, 09:49 AM
I had the Lian Li V2000, but I sold it to get the Stacker and not sorry I did.

Both are excellent. Lian Li V2000 not so friendly with motherboards with heatpipes.

Stacker is easier to for cable management IMO(well still working on that :D ) And has space for more fans :D

Rilla927
05-10-2007, 10:02 AM
Yup, especially the v2000b, that case is MASSIVE
I personally would wait until the ifx-14 comes out before buying a new hsf, but the ultra 120 e is still an excellent one to choose from

Yes, I seen this bad boy! Awesome is all I can say.

Have you considered the upcoming p190 or the current p182? I have a modded p180b that's essentially a p182 and that has plenty of room and is an excellent case for airflow.

No, I have not seen these yet.

Problem comes in if I try to do an internal watercooler or phase change (which I'm debating which one to do), and that's where the v2000b shines because of the massive lowe chamber

I'm factoring this in my decision also so I would not have to buy another case.

I was comparing Lian Li v2000 and the Stacker 830. I really don't know what other cases would fall into this category. One thing I hate is cables showing every where. Picking a case that has some cable management would be nice also. Don't know if this such case exist with what I'm looking for but I'm searching.

A recap of what I would like in a case:

1) Good airflow
2) Cable management if possible
3) Lots of room to work
4) Future WC
5) No problems adding or upgrading hardware (Like those huge new Vid cards)
6) Removable MB tray

I'm new at this so if you guys can think of something I'm missing please let me know. I don't have a set date to do this, just when ever I'm done doing the research I need to do so I know where I'm going with this.

Does the MB tray come out of the case for easy installation on the Lian Li?

Rilla927
05-10-2007, 10:05 AM
@Sheik

I fell in love with the Stacker the first time I seen it. Nice pic.

Tell me what all you like about the Stacker since you got it.

phelan1777
05-10-2007, 10:06 AM
Did you take a look at the 810 and T01 Stackers?

Sheik
05-10-2007, 10:24 AM
@Sheik

I fell in love with the Stacker the first time I seen it. Nice pic.

Tell me what all you like about the Stacker since you got it.

1.) I like the fact that I can buy almost any motherboard in future i.e. motherboards with heat pipes don't like being mounted upside down (unless you water cooling them).

2.) In the Lian Li only the front row of HDDs gets the best cooling from the front case fan. In the Stacker the airflow can be evenly distributed over all 7 of my drives.

3.) My case stands on the floor usually so the USB ports on the bottom of the Lian Li are a pain to reach.

4.) If you mount HDDs in the lower HDD bays on the Lian Li and your SATA connectors are on the top (bottom) of your motherboard the standard SATA cables will not reach. You will need 60 cm or even 100 cm ones.

5.) Lian Li has no reset switch.

6.) I couldn't use the Zalman 9700NT with my Lian Li setup.
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=125658

7.) Stacker has removable motherboard tray.

8.) I like the 4 x 120 mm fans in the side of the Stacker as my next upgrade will be a monster one :D

9.) The Stacker matches my 1000 WATT Cooler Master PSU :p:

AliG
05-10-2007, 03:47 PM
WOW.........................way to dig up an old thread............:D

STACKER FTW!:fact: :woot:

Guys, I am willing to guess, that based on your low post count, you are trying to go for numbers?

I could be wrong, but........well you dig up a three year old thread.

When there are newer threads with a similar debate.

Actually, I just came here because it was on the main page as thread with the most recent post, I personally don't care about post count, I already have roughly 6k at tomshardware and that's more than enough more me, I'm just here to learn and do my share of teaching myself

Zytek_Fan
05-10-2007, 04:19 PM
If you're doing WC then get the LL V2000, if you're doing air then get the Stacker.

phelan1777
05-10-2007, 04:44 PM
Actually, I just came here because it was on the main page as thread with the most recent post, I personally don't care about post count, I already have roughly 6k at tomshardware and that's more than enough more me, I'm just here to learn and do my share of teaching myself

My statement was not a personal one.

AliG
05-10-2007, 05:26 PM
It just seemed as though you were calling me a spammer with that sentence, but it's all cool

Rilla927
05-10-2007, 06:46 PM
Did you take a look at the 810 and T01 Stackers?
I just took a look at them. The T01 looks nice and roomy.

Does this rule out the Stacker 830 for WC? Boy, I sure like that case.

Rilla927
05-10-2007, 07:18 PM
1.) I like the fact that I can buy almost any motherboard in future i.e. motherboards with heat pipes don't like being mounted upside down (unless you water cooling them).

2.) In the Lian Li only the front row of HDDs gets the best cooling from the front case fan. In the Stacker the airflow can be evenly distributed over all 7 of my drives.

3.) My case stands on the floor usually so the USB ports on the bottom of the Lian Li are a pain to reach.

4.) If you mount HDDs in the lower HDD bays on the Lian Li and your SATA connectors are on the top (bottom) of your motherboard the standard SATA cables will not reach. You will need 60 cm or even 100 cm ones.

8.) I like the 4 x 120 mm fans in the side of the Stacker as my next upgrade will be a monster one :D

Thanks for the review.

Wow! No reset switch,that's odd.

Will the Stacker accomodate the newest Thermalright Cooler? I think it's called X-14 (something like that).

Is there room for WC?

I checked that link you gave and I could not believe you got that Zalman in there. It looked like it was sitting right on the shelf.

I noticed you took the Zalman off the Stacker in the last pic, how come?

Looks nice all the cables are hidden, I guess it does have good cable management.

You have a 1K PSU, what the heck are you running in that thing?

I like the LL 2000 but I like the Stacker better.

AliG
05-11-2007, 12:47 PM
It's called the ifx-14, I don't quite know when it will debut, but I had emailed thermalright about it back in February and was told to expect it around late May or possibly late june, so if you want to wait most likely someone will have tried it by then. But I'm pretty sure that it will fit, I know my p180 has more than enough room for a 140mm fan, and the ifx is like 14cm for the body, plus or two for the base

AliG
05-11-2007, 12:50 PM

I already saw your thread about watercooling and modding a lian li v1000b, and I can tell you for sure the v2000b is considerably bigger, in every dimension. The v1000 is a mid tower while the v2000 is a full tower, so I'm pretty sure the v2000 has room for a big hsf

Rilla927
05-11-2007, 03:21 PM
It's called the ifx-14, I don't quite know when it will debut, but I had emailed thermalright about it back in February and was told to expect it around late May or possibly late june, so if you want to wait most likely someone will have tried it by then. But I'm pretty sure that it will fit, I know my p180 has more than enough room for a 140mm fan, and the ifx is like 14cm for the body, plus or two for the base
Ah yes, that's it. I will have to sit by the side lines and wait like you said to see if someone has here has tried it.

Do they have the p180 in a full tower size? I looked but can't find any.

If I don't find a case that accomodates WC for the future it looks like I will have too buy another case and build a second one, I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles. I have to make sure there is enough clearance width wise to use a Thermalright cooler in the begining.

Now by eye, looking at the Stacker it's hard to tell how big HSF you can use.

I'm amazed that Sheik could not use that Zalman in that huge case of LL. I would not have known that by looking at it.

AliG
05-11-2007, 06:25 PM
The p180 doesn't have a full tower version, but the p190 is (or at least is bigger than the full tower armor, which the p180 is the size of); though I wouldn't worry about that. For watercooling, the p182 is designed for an external kit, but I've already said this a bunch of times, the v2000 is really the case designed brilliantly for an all internal water or extreme cooling kit

And don't forget that sheik used the mid tower version of the lian li, the full tower version is far bigger

Sheik
05-11-2007, 10:26 PM
I couldn't use the Zalman 9700NT with my Lian Li setup.

It all depends how close the CPU socket is to the edge of your motherboard and how big the HSF is. With MY setup it was a no go. It would fit it I turned it but I wanted it blowing air towards the back of the case not up or down.

Rilla927
05-12-2007, 04:12 AM
The p180 doesn't have a full tower version, but the p190 is (or at least is bigger than the full tower armor, which the p180 is the size of); though I wouldn't worry about that. For watercooling, the p182 is designed for an external kit, but I've already said this a bunch of times, the v2000 is really the case designed brilliantly for an all internal water or extreme cooling kit.
Okay, gotcha!

And don't forget that sheik used the mid tower version of the lian li, the full tower version is far bigger

I some how missed this before. Now I understand. I'm trying to keep notes of all this and sometimes I get a little confused between the different cases, LOL.

I just want to make sure I invest in the right case the first time around.

Rilla927
05-12-2007, 04:21 AM
@Sheik

Okay, so it was the design of the Mobo. Do you get good temps with the HSF you are using in the Stacker?

AliG
05-13-2007, 09:51 AM
I personally would use the p182 for airflow, I know, 4 side mounted fans on a stacker is cool (no pun intended), but the p182's design offers better airflow with less fans due to the cable routeing

Then if you don't mind modding the case for airflow, then I would choose between the stacker and the lian li

Rilla927
05-13-2007, 06:56 PM
The p182 is nice but it is too small for me.

I have been all over reading a lot of reviews about these different cases and it seems they all have more than one draw back. So far, the only one I have not found a draw back with is the Tj06, Tj09, at least for my needs anyway.

AliG
05-16-2007, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't say the p182 is small, have you actually seen one before? The case is pretty huge to tell you the truth, coming from a p180b owner. It's only con to the quiet design is that it reduces the space you have for mod-ability, but makes it look better at the same time if you plan to add a window

Rilla927
05-17-2007, 01:19 AM
Well, I have looked closely at other peoples in pictures. The way the door opens would rule it out for me right off the bat cuz I have to sit it on a book case end (with the back cut out for air) and if I needed to get in it I have little room to turn it on an angle and the opening would be facing the opposite side I'm on so that means I would have to pick it up and move it to another room to do it.

The box I have now weighs 55lbs and it's not easy getting into it when I need too, it's cramped because of where it has to sit. Even if I had rollers on it I wouldn't have room to put it on the floor cuz this room is 10x9. The door slides off easily.

My desk is 9ft long that takes up the whole one wall with a bookcase end on each end and it's almost 7ft tall with the hutches. I was not able to fit the case in where it's supposed to go because it's too big so that was my only other option (the bookcase end).

AliG
05-17-2007, 03:22 PM
It's up to you, but the stacker opens in the same way as the p182 pretty much, so that really only leaves you with the v2000 from what I'm getting out of this

Rilla927
05-17-2007, 03:58 PM
It's up to you, but the stacker opens in the same way as the p182 pretty much, so that really only leaves you with the v2000 from what I'm getting out of this
I completely ruled the Stacker out. I love the Lian Li but I don't want to be committed to use certain HSF that will fit.

As far as I can see TT Armor is what fits my needs, but I love the Tj09 too.

It's a toss up for the long run.

wildcard
05-18-2007, 04:29 AM
I completely ruled the Stacker out. I love the Lian Li but I don't want to be committed to use certain HSF that will fit.

As far as I can see TT Armor is what fits my needs, but I love the Tj09 too.

It's a toss up for the long run.

Have you looked at the old school stacker? The 810/STC-T01 ?

It's a nice case and doesn't have any doors, which may help in your situation. However it is a big case.

phelan1777
05-18-2007, 05:34 AM
Have you looked at the old school stacker? The 810/STC-T01 ?

It's a nice case and doesn't have any doors, which may help in your situation. However it is a big case.

I mentioned that here. (http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2182552&postcount=63)

wildcard
05-18-2007, 06:17 AM
I mentioned that here. (http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showpost.php?p=2182552&postcount=63)

Some things need to be double-checked.... Are you sure you don't want a stacker?

Really sure?

I know you want one...

AliG
05-18-2007, 12:38 PM
Ehh, the stacker is a fairly good case, especially for airflow, but I would take a modded p182 over an 832 stacker anyday since the airflow is better due to the cabling, and you can mod in more fans like I've done myself making it hard to justify the stacker for those purposes especially when the p182 has built in sound dampening.

Only case I could say would be better would be the v2000 because of the amount of mod potential it has, the lower bay has tons of options just waiting for it, but the airflow is mediocre with it imo

So I guess it's kinda a pick and chose thing, unless you add sound dampening to a v2000 (which also has some cable management) and dremel in some fans on your own for more airflow because the vrm is a big issue when people watercool

RealTelstar
05-18-2007, 04:50 PM
I still think the discontinued PC78 is superior to the V2000. But it also did cost quite much more ;)

AliG
05-19-2007, 04:24 AM
I don't know about that, I think the v2000 is a better designed case and I really like the bottom chamber for modding purposes

mutambo
05-19-2007, 09:24 AM
Only case I could say would be better would be the v2000 because of the amount of mod potential it has, the lower bay has tons of options just waiting for it, but the airflow is mediocre with it imo

I agree.

Best bang for the buck, stacker-810 very high re-usability will take all kinds of boards.

AliG
05-19-2007, 03:04 PM
Considering the p182 is cheaper than the 832 and v2000, if I were in the market I would seriously consider it, but hardly any sites carry the p190, and I'm pretty sure all the ones that say they carry it won't ever ship you one since they don't even have pictures of the case up

Considering the p190 has a dual psu setup with 1.2kw, the $300-$500 esrp doesn't seem bad when you take in mind the price of a single 1.2kw psu and the sound dampening, tons of fans, hugeness etc of the p190. Only problem is availability and whether or not we'll actually see it at newegg or another trusted site

Rilla927
05-21-2007, 01:33 PM
Hi everyone,

I should have clarified what Stacker I meant (about being ruled out). The 830-832. I may be wrong but I read some pretty bad reviews about this case and it really did disappoint me because with my luck I would get one of these. These reviews I read were from places too purchase the case and like some different hardware tech sites.

First off, it's put together with rivets which they said really wasn't good.

Many people that bought the case said nothing was in align the way it should be. Someone mentioned they could actually see daylight through some of the gaps etc. I read a lot of them at NewEgg.

I don't know if these are a small batch of bad ones or what.

I really like the LL V2000 but I don't want to run into problems with the wrong size HSF that won't fit.

I do like the 810 Stacker also.

@Alig

You mentioned the vrm issue, what's that mean?

AliG
05-22-2007, 04:08 PM
Well, the v2000 is really probably a watercooler's case, but you can go to the case section and look at other people's v2000 rigs and see if they have used the hsf you want

And the big issue with vrm is that when people watercool they are taking away the airflow that most hsfs bring, so unless your case has some kickass airflow, you run the risk of burning out your vrm or mofsets

nealh
05-22-2007, 06:34 PM
what HSF are you worried about???

Rilla927
05-24-2007, 05:05 AM
what HSF are you worried about???

This Zalman would not fit in this Lian Li case. If Zalman won't fit I'm sure there are some others as well.

Rilla927
05-24-2007, 05:27 AM
Well, the v2000 is really probably a watercooler's case, but you can go to the case section and look at other people's v2000 rigs and see if they have used the hsf you want
Yes I have seen some.

And the big issue with vrm is that when people watercool they are taking away the airflow that most hsfs bring, so unless your case has some kickass airflow, you run the risk of burning out your vrm or mofsets
Ah, okay now I understand. I back tracked through this thread to see if I missed anything and I came across the p190 by Antec you mentioned and I don't remember seeing this case before, so I did check it out and the Egg has it. It looks like a nice case and boy you talk about some kick ass airflow in this thing. I'm like wow!
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811129028&ATT=11-129-028&CMP=OTC-Froogle

http://www.allstarshop.com/shop/simprod.asp?ad=fg&pid=17612

http://www.legitreviews.com/article/443/1/

How would you fit a rad in this thing for WC? I see it comes with the two power supplies. Is Antec PSU's any good? So far I have relied on PC Power & Cooling PSU and it sure has done me right.

One night I was sleeping and a storm came through and the power went out, on-off, on-off etc and the PSU fried but it never took any of my compenents with it. The smell stayed in the house for three weeks. I couldn't believe it.

AliG
05-24-2007, 02:19 PM
It's about time antec finally got the p190 out, I've been waiting forever for a good review on it, it really should have kickass airflow considering all the fans it has (plus cable management) and that way the vrm will stay cool if you decide to watercool

That's why you should always use a surge protector, they cost about $30 for a good one at a local shop

lowfat
05-24-2007, 03:41 PM
As a previous owner of a V1000 and a current owner of an 830. Go with the V2000 without a doubt. The build quality is night and day. The aluminum on the stacker has no coating at all on it. I've had it 3 days and already have very visable scratches on it. I will never buy a non-Lian Li ever again.

AliG
05-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Too bad lian li just has to be soooo expensive :(
The antec p182 and p190 are great choices though if people don't like the v2000b (though it's kinda hard to find a better case except the p190 for airflow, but the modability is lacking with the p180 series because antec didn't make the bottom chamber big enough, and already did a great job of maximizing the case where possible)

Rilla927
05-26-2007, 06:57 AM
Does anyone know/ have eperience with the two power supplies (as far as reliability) that come with the p190?

If you look close the two links I posted from the Egg & Allstarshop the Egg does not list the internal drive bay, allstar does. So which is right/ wrong?

AliG
05-26-2007, 07:03 AM
The case just came out, I doubt anyone has any real experience with it, though dual psu setups work fine, it's just the amperes I'd be concerned about, which is the major advantage of having a single powerful psu, the more powerful gfx cards get, the more amperes they'll need

What do mean about the internal drive bay? What about it? The egg and allstar versions are the exact same, egg doesn't modify cases nor do most companies except performance-pcs and frozencpu as far as I know

C'DaleRider
05-26-2007, 07:42 AM

I've noticed that being a very big potential problem, too, esp. with as much voltage as OC'ers tend to put through their motherboard chipsets.

I have found a decent solution, but is probably not for everyone.....probably too much bling. The Antec SpotCooler is about perfect for adding spot cooling to the MOSFETs and such. The way it mounts, using a mounting screw on the motherboard to attach itself, and the flexible neck and rotating fan can put cooling about anywhere you need it. While on high it's not very quiet, it still puts out respectable air flow on low.....and is very quiet at that speed. Of course, the blue LED's can be a turnoff.

AliG
05-26-2007, 07:57 AM
Well, thermalright has the hr-09 mofset coolers now if anyone is considering a mofset cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=40000572&Description=thermalright&name=Memory+&#37;26+Chipset+Cooling

Rilla927
05-27-2007, 05:26 AM
What do mean about the internal drive bay? What about it? The egg and allstar versions are the exact same, egg doesn't modify cases nor do most companies except performance-pcs and frozencpu as far as I know
I was referring to the information specifications at the Egg did not list the internal drive bay. Allstar does.

AliG
05-27-2007, 09:51 AM
What about it though? Why wouldn't the egg include the internal drivebay?

Rilla927
05-27-2007, 10:23 AM
I'm just pointing out a typo in the specs at the Egg. It's not that physically the internal drive doesnt come with it.

I'm going to contact Antec on Tuesday and see if this case can be bought with out the PSU's. I doubt it but it's worth a try.

AliG
05-27-2007, 11:34 AM
I doubt they will, the case probably costs so much to manufacture they put in the psus to have a reason to jack up the price

Rilla927
05-29-2007, 12:48 PM
Antec will not sell the case with out the PSU's.

Shifty
05-29-2007, 01:09 PM
I prefer the Stacker, but I guess you couldn't go wrong with either.

AliG
05-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Antec will not sell the case with out the PSU's.

I figured such, it probably costs them too much to make without selling it at a high price, so that's why they made it a dual cheap psu kit, so it would attract customers while giving them the money they need. Figures I knew there had to be a catch, especially since a good 1200w psu costs a lot more than the case alone, but dual psu means possible ampere problems for high powered cards:shocked:

Rilla927
05-31-2007, 12:27 PM
OMG!! Has anyone seen this new case coming soon from Lian Li?

PC-A70 Classical Series. The Mobo is not inverted. This a full tower. God! This thing is gorgeous.
I hope it comes with a window on the side.

Dimensions: 220mm x 595mm x 615mm

http://www.lian-li.com/product/product06.php?pr_index=112&cl_index=1&sc_index=2&ss_index=8&type=a

AliG
05-31-2007, 04:02 PM
ehh, imo p190 beats it by a mile, I'd take the v2000 over that thing anyday because the v2000 has so much more mod potential and room for your favorite type of extreme cooling in the lower chamber

Rilla927
05-31-2007, 10:23 PM
Don't you have to install the mobo upside down in the v2000?

Grinch
06-01-2007, 08:40 AM
yes

Rilla927
06-01-2007, 02:53 PM
That's the reason I wouldnt purchase it before. Thanks Grinch.

I fell in love with the Lian Li and understand at least in my opinion they are the best of quality, but the inverted mobo thing didn't set well.

I always wished they made a case where it wasnt inverted and low and behold they are producing one. It's a big plus for me because there isnt one draw back for me at least with this new case. All the others I looked at had drawbacks of some kind.

@Alig
You can fit two different size rads in this thing between the top and bottom.

AliG
06-02-2007, 08:22 AM
yes, you can fit actually 3 rads in you tried, your point? I've seen a 6rad v2000b before

But I'm confused, you stated didn't want inversion, then you did, then you griped about it again, you wanna clear that up?

Rilla927
06-02-2007, 11:29 AM
Yes, I think there is some confusion here.

At one point I was considering the v2000 but I didn't like the inverted mobo so I ruled it out and kept looking.

AliG
06-02-2007, 06:22 PM
what's so bad about an inverted mobo?

I'm just wondering, because I haven't found any cons from v2000 users on that yet

but if you must, then I'd say if you don't already have a psu, p190 ftw, or if you do, p182se ftw

Rilla927
06-02-2007, 07:52 PM
If you remember at the start of this thread Skeik had a problem with the Zalman. I didn't want to buy a case where it was going to rule what HSF I can use and can't use. At least thats how I view it.

AliG
06-03-2007, 05:59 AM
that wasn't the same case though, that was the smaller v1000, the mid tower version of the case. There's a person here with a scythe infinity (which is bigger) in the v2000. The inverted mobo has nothing to do with a hsf not fitting, that's all about how big the case's dimensions are

disruptfam
08-11-2007, 10:54 PM
lian li v2000!!!! hands down!!!!

http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/8453/16630psi6927ils9.jpg

Spacious !!!!!

Anemone
08-12-2007, 08:16 AM
Agreed the V2000 is nice, but the area where I'd prefer the PC-A70 is in the greater amount of input fans to the airflow.

But since that's moddable :) the V2000 ultimately wins, though I'd take 3 of the front drive bays on the 2000 and put another input aiflow fan.

Anyone ever have trouble with 2000 panel warping? I read about it ages ago happening to someone and seemed logical, but no one here has ever mentioned it. Only curious. The 2000 for it's sheer space and options wins for me, though the A70 with the switched rotation drives, the dual front inflow fans while still leaving 5 free bays is very interesting.

My choice was the 343B though :) so I'm a fan of big spaces.

Jedda
08-12-2007, 05:02 PM
The 343 bays all fit in V-series cases. So you can have 120 or 80mm fans in front of the drive tower if wanted. I've just done it.
120mm in 3 slots or 80 in 2, with matching hole pattern, filters and still fit drives or what ever behind them.

Lu(ky
08-12-2007, 06:45 PM
I have a Lian Li V2000 but I am in the process of getting it Powder Coated soon. The things I do not like about my V2000 is no removable mobo tray, and not tool less. But easy to work with and great for mods. Here is my Lian Li V2000 case build pix here: http://www.pbase.com/rolson/computer&page=all

cablesguy
08-13-2007, 02:16 AM
def v2k, nicely compartmentalized, hdd n psu.....both heat generators are seperated frm the mobo, n its huge n easy to work with to boot. Only downside is the cable mgmt. Built quality is top notch..plus theres just something abt black brushed aluminium

ign0
08-14-2007, 12:45 AM
V2000, top notch built quality. easy to mod.
a case that's sexy and you'll like to own.

David_L6
08-14-2007, 05:30 AM
I looked at a lot of cases before I bought my first Stacker RC-810. I liked what I saw in it better than any other case for an air cooled CPU then and I still feel the same.

I've never had a water cooled rig (yet), but I'm seriously thinking of buying an STC-T01 and giving water cooling a try.