PDA

View Full Version : fresh start on cooler :)

Baselessum
07-30-2004, 06:41 AM
ok ....so ive tried to use the beer cooler to directly cool the cpu...to much condensation...and lagged the pipe work..didnt have much luck and water proofing is a pain...so what iam gonna try now is to use the cooler with a reg stat on and let the compresser chillit to just below the liquid's dew point..which is about 15 c...with the reg on there the compresser can kick in on a 2c diff on liquid temp which should be enough to disapate the 60w load of the cpu....so if anybody has done this before could u give me a few tips ...and maybe tell me if its worth it :( ....also gonna plumb the comp out to add extra blocks later:D

Baselessum
07-30-2004, 06:47 AM
a pic maybe???

Baselessum
07-30-2004, 06:48 AM
and another

solo
08-01-2004, 03:08 PM
what kind of fan is on the vid card :O

masterofpuppets
08-01-2004, 03:22 PM
Its a MSI FX5950. They all look like that. Read his sig.

Reflex1
08-02-2004, 02:13 AM
whats that in the second pic for? ...is that to fill/bleed the system? or to re-route the tubing? or wot?

i made one that looks similar out of plumbing too, and use it to fill/bleed.

Baselessum
08-03-2004, 06:04 AM
sry havent replied...frag the reg on the c: overclocking had to reinstall.....yeah the plumb work is for a inlet outlet frame work will be cooling the whole system cpu gpu and n/b or h/d...just modding the 15mm fittings with the tap fittings and waiting the tygon hose....alsowith the reg stat on getting the res temp down to 16C giving me 34on the cpu u with load and idle....at the moment the therm cuts out at 18.5C...might be able to lower the res temp a bit ....with no condensation....so just waiting on me other swift tech blocksfor the n/b and gpu....:)

there will be another 2 inlets on the 1 in the pic and an outlet looking sim to the inlet but will be placed horizontal an base on case...plus gonna mod the case a bit