PDA

View Full Version : DFI looks to have a winner here.

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

spaceman
08-15-2004, 03:05 PM
Congrats, Opp, that's sweet. :D :toast:

OPPAINTER
08-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by spaceman
Congrats, Opp, that's sweet. :D :toast:

Yea it is:)

OPP

gouda96
08-15-2004, 03:43 PM
That is some xtreme domination! 2 scores up there sporting Pc Ice cascades!

Damn fine work!

althes
08-16-2004, 02:13 AM
these scores are nice board looks like a winner.

eshbach
08-16-2004, 03:10 AM
it's 3rd week of august now... should be out any time now, right?

berserk
08-16-2004, 03:13 AM
Some news on the S939 version of the Lan Party

morbidj
08-16-2004, 04:15 AM
Based on the NVIDIA® nForce3 250Gb chipset, the LANPartyUT 250Gb takes full advantage of the chipset’s revolutionary single-chip architecture to enable systems with lower power consumption. Built for the 64-bit computing platform, it supports socket 754 Athlon64 processors up to 3700+, 1600 MTps Hyper Transport and high speed DDR400.

Taken from the front page of www.cluboc.net

Hey Bigtoe your mentioned on there, I could of sworn that the S754 was going to be an Infinity? Care to clear a little more up for us please, thanks... morb

bldegle2
08-16-2004, 04:38 AM
read a bit further down at the link provided above, worldwide distribution by the end of August, so soon, very soon.................................

baldy

GreyBeard
08-16-2004, 05:26 AM
The DFI web site does not have the specs listed yet. :slobber:

Guess I should get to back to work. :D

LilGator
08-16-2004, 06:40 AM
LanParty or Infinity ?

If they only release a $180 LanParty board for S754, they shall be shot :D

p4z1f1st
08-16-2004, 07:33 AM
hm, didn't bigtoe mentioned , that S939 = Lanparty only and S754 = Infinity only ?

aldamon
08-16-2004, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by LilGator
LanParty or Infinity ?

If they only release a $180 LanParty board for S754, they shall be shot :D

If the Socket 754 boards are $180, they can keep them.

OPPAINTER
08-16-2004, 08:21 AM
I found this.

OPP

--------------------------------

DFI reveals Athlon 64 based motherboard for enthusiasts and gamers
Printer friendly

Related stories

Comments

Email to a friend

Latest news

Press release; John McClure, DigiTimes.com [Monday 16 August 2004]

DFI, an industrial computing solutions provider and maker of the LANParty series of motherboards, today launched the LANPartyUT 250 Gb motherboard for the Athlon 64 platform. DFI’s new LANPartyUT addition combines the flagship UV-sensitive hardware design.

Based on the NVIDIA nForce3 250 Gb chipset, the LANPartyUT 250 Gb takes full advantage of the chipset’s single-chip architecture for systems with lower power consumption. Built for a 64-bit computing platform, it supports socket 754 Athlon64 processors up to 3700+, 1600MB/s HyperTransport and DDR400 memory.

The new LANPartyUT 250 Gb incorporates a wide range of voltage options, including CPU, AGP and memory voltage controls for the overclocking crowd. The motherboard also features flexible memory timing options that allow users to increase VDIMM multiplier values in 1 and 0.5 increments.

The LANPartyUT 250 Gb offers support for SATA, nVRAID, 8-channel audio, SPDIF In/Out, USB 2.0, and IEEE 1394 Firewire. The new motherboard also sports Nvidia Gigabit LAN, a personal firewall, professional grade network traffic inspection capabilities and advanced management features (remote access, configuration and monitoring).

The LANPartyUT 250 Gb will be available worldwide at the end of August 2004.

GreyBeard
08-16-2004, 08:42 AM
There is slightly expanded version of that press release at the cluboc.net page that morbidj mentioned above. That version mentions Bigtoe.

No mention of an Infinity version.

Lifeless
08-16-2004, 08:53 AM
I don't think it will be as expensive as the normal Lanparty's, because the lanpartyUT doesn't include the FrontX Device and the
PC Transpo, wich are extra's that make the price a lot higher.

LilGator
08-16-2004, 08:59 AM
I was slightly exaggerating the $180 tag :D I was thinking there would be a Infinity in the $100-120 range...

OPPAINTER
08-16-2004, 09:00 AM
I guess DFI announced this mobo today somwhere:D

http://www.amdboard.com/dfi_lanpartyut_250gb.html

OPP

Lifeless
08-16-2004, 09:12 AM
180$ isn't realy exaggerated in belgium, the nforce2 lanparty costs 182€ in a local shop here, wich is about 224$
now thats expensive,
same with the 3700EB i bought, they were 444$, and thats a very reasonable price, at some shops there over 490$,

So actually i'm also hoping for an Infinty, cause i aint got no more money!!

racoontje
08-16-2004, 11:17 AM
Ugh. Why aren't there any OC-wonder boards like this for dual opterons?

tomati
08-16-2004, 12:18 PM
@lifeless

didn't you know the country near yours called germany , there is the same stuff than in belgium but cheaper .

p4z1f1st
08-16-2004, 01:51 PM
yeah !

1Gig 3700EBs cost around 330-350€ :)

althes
08-16-2004, 02:10 PM
cant wait to see the price

longshot
08-16-2004, 04:10 PM
Yuck the price can't wait to see the board!

Did we ever get word if this sucker will support Mobiles?

Rabbi_NZ
08-16-2004, 04:12 PM
Another link
DFI Releases World's Fastest Athlon 64 Based Motherboard (http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=22759)

ugp
08-16-2004, 05:06 PM
I can't wait for the release of this board. I will have this board as soon as it comes out though. I really want to get into overclocking with my 64-Bit and this board seems to be the one to go with.

spaceman
08-16-2004, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by longshot

Did we ever get word if this sucker will support Mobiles? I don't think we've gotten a firm answer, but that one article definitely mentions "low power consumption". I don't see how they could go to all the trouble of making an OC-friendly board, and have it NOT support mobiles. ;) We'll know soon. :cool:

racoontje
08-16-2004, 11:12 PM
Earlier in the thread one of the beta testers mentioned it would run mobiles.

Lifeless
08-16-2004, 11:33 PM
to tomati and p4z1f1st:

Yes i've heard of a place called germany :D

But a store near me is a lot more conveniant than one in germany when it comes to RMA'ing stuff. Bought my 9800pro, broke it, 20min later i had a new one.
But for the DFI board i'll probably order in germany, since there are no shops near me that sell DFI, i have to order it on an online shop, so i might as well order it germany.

Do you know a good online german shop that sells DFI?

Frederick

tomati
08-17-2004, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Lifeless
to tomati and p4z1f1st:

Yes i've heard of a place called germany :D

But a store near me is a lot more conveniant than one in germany when it comes to RMA'ing stuff. Bought my 9800pro, broke it, 20min later i had a new one.
But for the DFI board i'll probably order in germany, since there are no shops near me that sell DFI, i have to order it on an online shop, so i might as well order it germany.

Do you know a good online german shop that sells DFI?

Frederick

Best way is to look with these ADRESS (http://www.geizhals.at/?fs=dfi&in=)

or this ONE (http://www.hardwareschotte.de/preise.php3)

look at the evaluation note of the shop(IMPORTANT) for to choose a good one , i've order in two different shop in germany (i'm from belgium too) and I have already test the German RMA , that's SAFE (like France or UK , I mean) ,so don't hesitate my friends .

(but I will agree with your argument for some "delicate" product)

racoontje
08-17-2004, 02:00 AM
Is there really a price difference with Germany or is it just lower tax (VAT/BTW/ST, depending on where you live ;-))

SunTzu69
08-17-2004, 03:53 AM
Originally posted by racoontje
Earlier in the thread one of the beta testers mentioned it would run mobiles.

I have searched twice through the entire thread and did not find this. Do we know for sure that mobiles will be supported out of the box ?

Thanks,

:slobber:

aldamon
08-17-2004, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by bigtoe
I tested 2x512 of newish BH5, it maxed out at 218fsb in dimm slots 1 and 2.

I will be testing EB next and will post what results I get.

What are the final results with 2 x 512MB 3700EB installed?

racoontje
08-17-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by SunTzu69
I have searched twice through the entire thread and did not find this. Do we know for sure that mobiles will be supported out of the box ?

Thanks,

:slobber:

Is there a good reason why a board that runs normal processors wouldn't run mobiles? AFAIK the big diffence is transistor energy efficiency. Which is the reason they overclock better (same wattage will take the processor further)

Jasonxxx
08-17-2004, 12:15 PM
I would also like to see 2 X 512MB EB3700 results....:D

cyberzaki
08-17-2004, 07:51 PM
Great thread you've got going here, bigtoe. I stumbled upon it the other day, and have been contemplating your benchies from this new DFI board with near disbelief. Fantastic stuff. And great work!

I'm new to this forum, but I have some DFI news--gleaned directly from two DFI contacts--that should be of extreme interest to everyone here (hopefully none of this will be a repost):

[1] The DFI Infinity series is now officially kaput. There will be no more Infinity boards. The LANPartyUT 250GB is the new name for the Infinity pre-production sample that bigtoe was testing.

[2] The MSRP of the LANPartyUT 250GB will be $129.99, with a current shipping ETA of September 2.

[3] DFI has selected ZipZoomFly as the initial outlet for the board. DFI says ZZF is supposed to begin accepting advance orders immediately--although as of this moment ZZF hasn't listed the board on their site. Maybe it'll show up on Wednesday.

[4] DFI says initial shipments will be limited in scope, and that for those who don't pre-order from ZZF, it may be mid-September before they can find the board at other resellers.

Who knows to what extent that last bit is marketing propaganda, but for what it's worth, I thought I'd pass it along.

Tony
08-17-2004, 10:07 PM
Items I can confirm.

Infinity is gone, the board is a LanParty UT.
They will be shipping to reviewers real soon with Wes Fink over at AT getting first peak I believe ;)

All issues on the boards are all sorted...the bios as far as I know will feature all I showed here, I mentioned this was very important.

PCB is black now with colored slots etc.

939 is being tweaked now also and with luck I will get to play with this, and post results here for the xtreme community:)

Sorry for not posting over the weekend as I was at Ryanpgroovy's wedding in Vegas...fun was had by all with Sarita being a truely lovely bride....congrats Ryan :toast: :toast:

I must also appologise for not posting answers to some of the questions posted...DFI did ask certain details and pictures should not be posted....they want to tell you in person real soon the full specs ;)

It was also nice being quoted in the PR and its nice to see OPP doing well with the board on the ORB also...Nice one Eric :toast: :toast:
Please also remember guys I was using OCZ3500EB for all benches etc, some board vdimm and some "Booster juiced" ;)

Here's looking forward to the 939 ;)...hopefully real soon :D

Tony
08-17-2004, 10:13 PM
Regarding 2x512EB modules.

I was able to hit 250+fsb with the 3-2-2- timings but not much more...to much load on the memory controller is to blame but you should all be able to run ddr500 with good EB with good timings.

For extreme benching you will need to use only 1x512 module.

racoontje
08-18-2004, 12:15 AM
So I can't OC well in combination with 2GB RAM? What a pity :-(

GreyBeard
08-18-2004, 01:53 AM
I just checked ZZF and it is not listed yet. ;)

Since they do ship to Canada, I stuck a Neo Plat in the cart to check shipping - $68! :eek: Guess I will be waiting till mid-September. :(

SunTzu69
08-18-2004, 02:20 AM
Regarding 2x512EB modules.

I was able to hit 250+fsb with the 3-2-2- timings but not much more...to much load on the memory controller is to blame but you should all be able to run ddr500 with good EB with good timings.

For extreme benching you will need to use only 1x512 module.

I will start by thanking you for the great work you do that we all benefit from. Now let me try to pick your brain a bit:

Is it accurate to say that for the majority of "real world" overclockers, as opposed to benchmarkers, this board will not lead to better results than the Epox for example? I understand that there is firewire support, etc. and higher Vcore and Vdimm settings, but... eventually our cpu will max out, and it doesn't seem that 2x512MB OCZ EB will run any faster on this board than the Epox.

I might be wrong, but I would think that most "real world" overclockers who are looking for gaming performance, etc. will be running 1 Gig of EB or looking to run this amount in the very near future.

Please correct me if I'm wrong... :stick: :toast:

aldamon
08-18-2004, 02:41 AM
Originally posted by SunTzu69
I will start by thanking you for the great work you do that we all benefit from. Now let me try to pick your brain a bit:

Is it accurate to say that for the majority of "real world" overclockers, as opposed to benchmarkers, this board will not lead to better results than the Epox for example? I understand that there is firewire support, etc. and higher Vcore and Vdimm settings, but... eventually our cpu will max out, and it doesn't seem that 2x512MB OCZ EB will run any faster on this board than the Epox.

I might be wrong, but I would think that most "real world" overclockers who are looking for gaming performance, etc. will be running 1 Gig of EB or looking to run this amount in the very near future.

Please correct me if I'm wrong... :stick: :toast:

Well, I'm a gamer, not a benchmarker, and my Epox 8KDA3J has been a PITA. If this board is anywhere near $130, I'm game. I can get $90 for my Epox easily. The DFI outclasses it in every respect. Not to bash Epox, but the DFI sounds like it will actually deliver the performance and flexibility I was expecting when I switched to the Athlon 64. I hate to be a sucker for marketing, but if it's good enough for bigtoe and OPP, it's good enough for me :)

GreyBeard
08-18-2004, 04:10 AM
After seeing the press release, I emailed DFI to ask about availability in Canada. I just received a reply from Vivian Lien, Director of Marketing, DFI San Jose, which confirms what cyberzaki said above. The text of her reply is as follows:

Thank you for your interest in this world recording breaking motherboard!

Due to the limited quantity we will ship initially, we are offering a pre-order opportunity for interested customers to be the first ones to test drive this board. Simply go to http://www.zipzoomfly.com and place your order. It’s that easy! Any pre-orders placed now will be fulfilled before our regular shipments (first come, first serve). The ETA for shipment is September 2nd. If you decide not to order in advance, you might have to wait for another couple of weeks after that. In Canada, you can purchase DFI motherboards through NCIX, Canada Computers, TigerDirect or London Drugs. The MSRP on this board is $129.99. To find the detailed specifications of this board, please visit http://www.dfi.com.tw.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

ZZF does not have a pre-order page up yet.

bldegle2
08-18-2004, 05:21 AM
I got an email from DFI, expected debut for this board is 9/2.

So soon, very soon. Unfortunately, this means that mainstream availability is a week or two after that.

cut and paste from said email:

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hi Dennis,

Thank you for your interest in this world recording breaking motherboard!

The ETA for shipment is September 2nd.

The MSRP on this board is $129.99.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

this is for the LANPartyUT version of this board. don't know about the Infinity.

regards,

baldy

aldamon
08-18-2004, 06:11 AM
Hurry up ZipZoomFly! ;) I'm so psyched that they're selling the board. They usually offer free 2-Day FedEx. Newegg is nice and all, but I've been trying to spread the love to more vendors.

spaceman
08-18-2004, 07:02 AM
Thanx for the info, bigtoe, and Congrats to ryanpgroovy! :toast: I do believe it's time to browse zzf's site. :D BTW, I'm glad they listened to me, and went with a black PCB. :p: ;)

aldamon
08-18-2004, 09:01 AM
Tick tock. Tick tock. I feel like I'm waiting outside a store on Black Friday.

Saffire
08-18-2004, 09:32 AM
I emailed ZZF, and this is what I got.

Please note that we have checked with our purchasing department and they've
informed us that this item should be available for pre-order sometime
Friday. Feel free to check back with our web site then for pricing and
availability.

Sincerely,
ZipZoomFly

p4z1f1st
08-18-2004, 10:17 AM
now, is it definitely to say:

S754 - Infinity

S939 - LanParty ?

or will there be a S754-LP and a S939-Inf ?

racoontje
08-18-2004, 10:18 AM
What processor would you guys reccomend with this board?

LilGator
08-18-2004, 10:25 AM
p4z1f1st: Read above, no more Infinity's :)

p4z1f1st
08-18-2004, 10:30 AM
ok, so:

S754 - only-Infinity and S939 - only-LanParty, right ? :)

EDIT: no, hold on.....at the dfi-hp is explained, that the Infinity = LanParty-UT.....that right ? :)

mrlobber
08-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by p4z1f1st
ok, so:

S754 - only-Infinity and S939 - only-LanParty, right ? :)

EDIT: no, hold on.....at the dfi-hp is explained, that the Infinity = LanParty-UT.....that right ? :)

Yes

aldamon
08-18-2004, 10:41 AM
What processor would you guys reccomend with this board?

3700+

Max it out and ride the lightening through 2004.

longshot
08-18-2004, 10:58 AM
DOES IT SUPPORT MOBILES?!?! :D

GreyBeard
08-18-2004, 11:15 AM
You all may want to check out this thread (http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1173&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) at dfi-street. It contains some interesting tidbits from the moderators who are DFI employees. :)

Some points include:
- in their opinion, it should support mobiles because their other K8 board(s) do and their BIOS designer is well aware of the importance of mobiles to the enthusiast community, BUT they (the mods) do not actually know if it will support mobiles or not.
- there may be a small price drop from the $130 MSRP once they are widely available.
- they have read this thread!

spaceman
08-18-2004, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by GreyBeard
You all may want to check out this thread (http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=1173&perpage=15&pagenumber=1) at dfi-street. It contains some interesting tidbits from the moderators who are DFI employees. :)
Well, he makes a good point about "over-expectations", but really, I'm not expecting to clock higher than, or as high as bigtoe or OPP. :rolleyes: It's more like, if I have a choice between riding a Huffy or a Cannondale, I'm pretty sure I'll pick the Cannondale. ;)

The Mofo
08-18-2004, 12:43 PM
Well im waiting for this board to appear.. Who do you think will have it in stock first? Newegg or Mwave?

ugp
08-18-2004, 12:53 PM
Hey bigtoe I got a question for you...

how hot does the board itself run?

My MSI K8T right now runs 33C...is the DFI alot lower...

Also I am in the means of preordering that motherboard!!!

aldamon
08-18-2004, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by The Mofo
Well im waiting for this board to appear.. Who do you think will have it in stock first? Newegg or Mwave?

ZipZoomFly of course. That's where the pre-orders are being taken on Friday :)

The Mofo
08-18-2004, 01:27 PM
Will we have to call in for the pre-order or will it be avail on their site to order?

aldamon
08-18-2004, 01:59 PM
Will we have to call in for the pre-order or will it be avail on their site to order?

Pssst, look on page 12. It's all there.

The Mofo
08-18-2004, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by aldamon
Pssst, look on page 12. It's all there.

Page 12 on what thread?

__TRONIK__
08-18-2004, 04:00 PM
the page # depends on how many posts per page you have as default. This is page 6 for me. Maybe page 12 for him.

more importantly - to hose who say expect no more than 250fsb - I say it darn well better get that for all we are led to believe.

The infinity earned its rep in two ways - it offered average overclocks akin to some of the best overclocks previously available. (fsb)

it also offered a myriad of teething problems. I myself wen through three baords before I got one that did not have boot and bios issues - and ALL of them fluctuated vcore mightily.

250fsb? better be more than that! I have had my chaintech up to 250x10 with a 3000+ - it likely goes higher, but cpu heat (and this boards lack of working multis - even with bios flash) kept me from trying for more.

I see many getting in the 260-275 range. Ife 90% of DFI boards can beat competitors fsb, then I will nod my head in approval. If they cannot, then I question the necessity of upgrading to them. I sure don't need any UV reactive stuff, and am always happy to volt mod my stuff to whatever I need.

No I don't expect 300fsb - but I do expect to knock on its door, like knocking on the ddr500 door with my old infinity at ddr490.

that said, I think this hemming is really jsut an a$$ covering maneuver. I do think they will offer very good performance, my only concern is for stability and quality to go with it.

of course, i will be buying one...if the price is under $130. the $90 fo rhte old infinity was its best feature - besides the fact that it looked 8million times better than the lanparty.

ugp
08-18-2004, 04:42 PM
You preorder it on there website...I contacted DFI about it...I am going to preorder it and it is selling for $129.99

ugp
08-18-2004, 05:05 PM
I know I am expecting performance from this MB for damn sure. This MSI one I have now sucks!! It has hardly any options for anything on it. I didn't research this board very well when I first got it. I am expecting to get atleast 2.4GHz with my CPU. I have a good version of the ClawHammer. I infact have the same one as what BigToe was using when he broke the record I believe...It matches the same information in CPU as mine...the C0 steppings.

When I get this the first thing I am doing is going to my good friends that loves overclocking and we are going to play with this that is for sure.

Question to all you 64-Bit users right now...what are good temps to shoot for...what is the max temp that is safe anyway?

Thanks...

Congrats Tony to breaking the record! Keep it up and I also still need a 9800 Heatsink and Fan if anyone is really to give me one.

Tony
08-18-2004, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by ugp
I know I am expecting performance from this MB for damn sure. This MSI one I have now sucks!! It has hardly any options for anything on it. I didn't research this board very well when I first got it. I am expecting to get atleast 2.4GHz with my CPU. I have a good version of the ClawHammer. I infact have the same one as what BigToe was using when he broke the record I believe...It matches the same information in CPU as mine...the C0 steppings.

When I get this the first thing I am doing is going to my good friends that loves overclocking and we are going to play with this that is for sure.

Question to all you 64-Bit users right now...what are good temps to shoot for...what is the max temp that is safe anyway?

Thanks...

Congrats Tony to breaking the record! Keep it up and I also still need a 9800 Heatsink and Fan if anyone is really to give me one.

I have 2xA64's 1x3200+ and 1x3400+ both are 1mb cache and C0 stepping. Remember for pushing the board I only used 1 dimm and played with memory divider ratio's as well as cpu multipliers to get the awesome clocks. Both cpu's do 2.4gig or so with the stock cooling I was using, I did cool the board on both sides of the cpu as well as cooled the dimm.

The board at high load and speed did get warm so would get hot with no cooling...something to remember i feel ;)

To finish here..I USED to mod boards, I USED to use phase change etc...now I test with standard hardware and careful air cooling...tweaking is an art which im sure you all will love learning and perfecting on this new 754.

Lithan
08-18-2004, 08:46 PM
I'm happy with the price. More than the epox (which was my backup board). But less than I was expecting. I'll probably be picking one up after I see a few good opinions of the retail boards. (Got stung by everyone swearing how amazing AN7 was prerelease... bought it day of release, got a damaged and dead board due to a manufacturing error in the rev 1 boards.)

berserk
08-18-2004, 09:35 PM
When are socket 939 boards expected?

Tony
08-18-2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by berserk
When are socket 939 boards expected?

Thats hard to say..I have asked and I am promised one to preview here for you guys as i have done with the 754.

Soon I hope ;)

berserk
08-18-2004, 10:15 PM
Thanks for the information.

racoontje
08-18-2004, 10:33 PM
3700+

Max it out and ride the lightening through 2004.

Isn't the 3700+ socket 754? I want a socket 939 processor... Mainly for the wider memory bus, possibility to upgrade later...

Plus I'm not incredibly intrested in a mobile. I'm going to overclock, but not if I have to sacrifice performance to do it ;-)

berserk
08-18-2004, 10:42 PM
Depends on the CPU in perfromance cause the socket 754 A64 3400 is faster then the equivalent A64 3500 which uses socket 939.

I am going for socket 939, but that's my personal opinion.

racoontje
08-18-2004, 11:52 PM
Do you guys think I should go for the mobile 754 (cost?) or go for the 939 for future upgrading potential?

aldamon
08-19-2004, 02:33 AM
Isn't the 3700+ socket 754? I want a socket 939 processor... Mainly for the wider memory bus, possibility to upgrade later...

Plus I'm not incredibly intrested in a mobile. I'm going to overclock, but not if I have to sacrifice performance to do it ;-)

The 3700+ is regular processor. Where are you getting mobile from?

Also, the the Socket 754 board is coming first. I don't see a reason to wait even longer for 939 when the 3700+ is available on Socket 754. With PCI Express and DDR II coming, it's not like you're going to stick with either board for long.

racoontje
08-19-2004, 02:49 AM
OK, not a mobile then.

First of all, doesn't the 939 have a wider memory bus?

Why would you want the 754 over the 939?

p4z1f1st
08-19-2004, 03:01 AM
S754 = SingleChannel-interface

S939 = DualChannel-interface

BUT, i think, DC doesn't bring ANY worth mentioning boost against SC.....and with SC u can OC your RAM more then in DC

just my 2cents.....

aldamon
08-19-2004, 03:38 AM
OK, not a mobile then.

First of all, doesn't the 939 have a wider memory bus?

Why would you want the 754 over the 939?

I already told you in my second paragraph. You can keep playing the waiting game for the DFI Socket 939 or you can pre-order the 754 on Friday. I'm telling you, by the time you want to upgrade your chip, more likely than not, you're going to want a new mobo anyway (like the nForce4). So who cares about the upgrade paths on 939 boards? Of course, I may be wrong about that. I'm just going on personal experience. If you go with 754 and max it out with the 3700+, it will be plenty fast for quite a while. It has 2.4 GHz of speed and a meg of cache.

trans am
08-19-2004, 06:36 AM
This is for Bigtoe, I have a chaintech vnf3-250 too. You said the dfi was able to overclock higher than the vnf3-250. What was your max oc on the chaintech compared to the dfi? I'm asking because I currently have the chaintech board with a mobile able to hit 257x10 stable. I hate to be the 4th one to ask this, but were you able to confirm native mobile support on the DFI?

SunTzu69
08-19-2004, 06:49 AM
I already told you in my second paragraph. You can keep playing the waiting game for the DFI Socket 939 or you can pre-order the 754 on Friday. I'm telling you, by the time you want to upgrade your chip, more likely than not, you're going to want a new mobo anyway (like the nForce4). So who cares about the upgrade paths on 939 boards? Of course, I may be wrong about that. I'm just going on personal experience. If you go with 754 and max it out with the 3700+, it will be plenty fast for quite a while. It has 2.4 GHz of speed and a meg of cache.

I couldn't agree more. Nice explanation. It's what I'm doing. :toast:

p4z1f1st
08-19-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by trans am
This is for Bigtoe, I have a chaintech vnf3-250 too. You said the dfi was able to overclock higher than the vnf3-250. What was your max oc on the chaintech compared to the dfi? I'm asking because I currently have the chaintech board with a mobile able to hit 257x10 stable. I hate to be the 4th one to ask this, but were you able to confirm native mobile support on the DFI?

afaik he hit 300MHz with 425MHz HTT :)

ugp
08-19-2004, 07:04 AM
After I get this Motherboard my next upgrade is to go to some new Memory and I got a recommendation from bigtoe and what to get and I think I will take his word on it:D

korvskall
08-19-2004, 08:10 AM
Let,s hope DFI don,t make :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:ty mobos like the DFI Lanparty NF2 Cards that will stop working after 2 weeks :(.

I hope the 939 board will be my next mobo.

CREDS TO DFI ;)

trans am
08-19-2004, 08:13 AM

Yeah, but what was the high on the chaintech? And I mean highest total cpu clock regardless of htt and multi.

Flox
08-19-2004, 08:27 AM

What kind of RAM?

Makes no sense for a gaming machine, if you reach 300MHz memory-clocks (BTW: who cares about the 425MHz of the reference clock? :rolleyes: ) and have only one 256MB stick.

High mem-clocks with 512MB (better: 1GB) are much more interesting...

Greetz, Flox

p4z1f1st
08-19-2004, 09:19 AM
1x512MB OCZ 3500EB

for me only 1GB-results are important ;)

don't wanna miss RAM higher 1GB :)

Joe T
08-19-2004, 09:20 AM
Can anyone confirm where the chipset will be located on these boards? On my MSI Neo Plat its located right near the AGP socket, which means the Arctic Cooler on my graphics card prevents a bigger heatsink being placed on it.

TIA. :)

Adelon
08-19-2004, 09:54 AM
im wondering if the lanpartyUT is the new infinty then will this new lanpartyUT have the power and reset button on it? (because i thougt it to be a lanparty only option)

gouda96
08-19-2004, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by Joe T
Can anyone confirm where the chipset will be located on these boards? On my MSI Neo Plat its located right near the AGP socket, which means the Arctic Cooler on my graphics card prevents a bigger heatsink being placed on it.

You could always swap that out for a socket A cooler. Would probably also perform better, especially if you got a Cu one.

I am realy torn as to wheter or not I should upgrade to an a64 and this mobo right now. With how well doom3 runs on my current barton and p4 machines it seems I don't realy need to. I guess I will see how hl2 and rome total war run before I decide.

It isn't every day that Opp says a board is the best he has ever used, and all the tweaking options just seem like this board would be so much fun. Maybe I should just wait and hope that the DFI nf4 motherboard is just as great as this one.

Tony
08-19-2004, 04:12 PM
I don't have a mobile A64 to test with, knowing Oskar the board will support them...;)

I hit 300HTT+ on the chaintech also but its not as fast as this DFI.

For the price though the VNF3 250 is a great board though.

__TRONIK__
08-19-2004, 07:24 PM
with my vnf-250, I can change FID in bios ONLY if I run a single DIMM - is this going to be the case on the DFI - if not, then it is the best reason I have for picking one up.....

SunTzu69
08-20-2004, 12:22 AM
I don't have a mobile A64 to test with, knowing Oskar the board will support them...;)

I hit 300HTT+ on the chaintech also but its not as fast as this DFI.

For the price though the VNF3 250 is a great board though.

Re the mobile - ;) :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Jack
08-20-2004, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Adelon
im wondering if the lanpartyUT is the new infinty then will this new lanpartyUT have the power and reset button on it? (because i thougt it to be a lanparty only option)

finally the spec page is online :D

LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb (http://www.dfi.com.tw/Product/xx_product_spec_details_r_us.jsp?PRODUCT_ID=2840&CATEGORY_TYPE=MB&SITE=US)

and the s754 mobo has the buttons on it :toast:

click for pic of mobo (http://www.dfi.com.tw/Upload/Product_Picture/nF3_250Gb_large2.gif)

aldamon
08-20-2004, 04:26 AM
OK, now I'm getting impatient. Where's the link at ZZF? My credit card is bored.

:p: :D ;)

egarrard
08-20-2004, 04:43 AM
Maybe some newbie questions...

A) You've been saying this has been accomplished with one stick of 3500EB, but the screenshots show 2 sticks. Which is it?
B) If it's only one, does anyone know of an online supplier that sells only one stick? Everyone I've seen that carries it only sells the dual-channel kits. No point in paying for 2 sticks if I only need one.
C) Big toe said his results are on air. What HS/Fan combination are you using for this?

Sorry, but just looking for some clarification... :)

samualcc
08-20-2004, 04:56 AM
Damn I just read the spec. It sounds like a really sweet board, but I was hoping to use my old DDR266 Ram for a few months till I can offord some EB.

Was gonna pair this with a Mobile 2800+. Hopefully it has many options for RAM "dividing". Any info on Ram adjustments Bigtoe?

Thanks!

aldamon
08-20-2004, 05:14 AM
Originally posted by egarrard

B) If it's only one, does anyone know of an online supplier that sells only one stick? Everyone I've seen that carries it only sells the dual-channel kits. No point in paying for 2 sticks if I only need one.

Atacom offers single sticks of EB, but I don't know how reliable they are as a vendor:

http://www.atacom.com

Joe T
08-20-2004, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by Joe T

From the image on the DFI page it looks like its in the same place as on my MSI. Oh well.......:(

ugp
08-20-2004, 11:41 AM
It is going to be fine for me...I can't wait for them to post the preorder think for it!!!

ugp
08-20-2004, 11:44 AM
http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=525218

There is a picture of the board if anyone hasn't seen it by now...

Tony
08-20-2004, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by egarrard
Maybe some newbie questions...

A) You've been saying this has been accomplished with one stick of 3500EB, but the screenshots show 2 sticks. Which is it?
C) Big toe said his results are on air. What HS/Fan combination are you using for this?

Sorry, but just looking for some clarification... :)

The screenies show 2 ranks of 256 which is 1x512 module.

I posted all ram tweaks in the bios shots.

Nice to see the final board hasn't changed much from what i have here ;)

__TRONIK__
08-20-2004, 03:35 PM
doesn't look as though it will be available today...and I don't know that they update on the weekends. I hope the general release date is not being pushed back...cmon zipzoom:stick:

The Mofo
08-20-2004, 04:21 PM
The screenies show 2 ranks of 256 which is 1x512 module.

I posted all ram tweaks in the bios shots.

Nice to see the final board hasn't changed much from what i have here ;)

I just looked at your screenies bro, how come you dropped it down to 333 mhz instead of 400?

__TRONIK__
08-20-2004, 05:26 PM
*update*
it is on zip's site, but there is no means to preorder it.....it jsut says backorder, eta of 9/2

Tony
08-20-2004, 09:27 PM
I just looked at your screenies bro, how come you dropped it down to 333 mhz instead of 400?

I used the 9/10 divider for the ram.I was able to push higher and achieve greater bandwidth using this divider over 1:1. I have benches also from an OCZ beta tester pushing 308fsb 1:1 on a gigabyte and unbuffered bandwidth is very similar...2600+ MB/s.

You will find the board even with a ram downclock is very fast and does clock very high.

On a side note, I have a DFI 915 board hitting 299fsb pretty easy with 290 really stable 3:4 on the ram for ddr780.

Looks like they are doing some magic with Intel boards as well now ;)

spaceman
08-21-2004, 04:29 AM
One thing to nit-pick about, why does everyone put the Northy so darn close to the AGP release tab? Really inconvenient if your Northy HS is oversized. :stick: Oh well, gotta have something to whine about, I guess. ;)

p4z1f1st
08-21-2004, 04:44 AM
bigtoe, what about the compatibility with the OCZ DDR-Booster ? :)

ugp
08-21-2004, 05:07 AM
Yeah why is the NB located there? Seems like a bad spot for it...

And ZipZoomFly needs to :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:ing fix there link!

b|gf|sh
08-21-2004, 05:12 AM
I'd say that was a better place for the NB (and also that the agp slot is one down), allows for bigger cpu heatsinks like the new XP-120 :)

ugp
08-21-2004, 05:24 AM
Well I use the all copper Zalman on mine :D

b|gf|sh
08-21-2004, 05:30 AM
Anyway, I thought a64 chipsets didn't get hot with the memory controller built into the processor?

ugp
08-21-2004, 06:22 AM
The board does get hot...my board runs anywhere from 30C to 40C late at night when the air doesn't come on as often...

I am hoping this DFI runs cooler then mine...

GreyBeard
08-21-2004, 03:17 PM
If it is anything like the Neo Plat board, the NF3 "NB" will get very hot, esp when OCing, and the DFI heatsink does not look any better than the MSI one. (I was hanging out on the MSI site until I realized I just couldn't sign on to all the problems the Neo was dishing out.)

Anyway a popular choice by people on the MSI site to cool the chipset is the Vantec Iceberq CCB-A1C NB cooler. It will fit under a VGA Silencer. If you are not using a Silencer, you can probably get some other NB HSFs to fit once a dremel is brought to bear.

ugp
08-21-2004, 03:51 PM
Well my board isn't a plat and it gets hot as well...I was thinking of getting a NorthBridge cooler but I am not sure what one to get that will fit there...

Tony
08-21-2004, 05:23 PM
bigtoe, what about the compatibility with the OCZ DDR-Booster ? :)

I posted earlier I was using one and OPP used one also.

ugp
08-21-2004, 05:37 PM
You are so popular on here arent you bigtoe? lol

__TRONIK__
08-21-2004, 05:55 PM
yeah I hope this board uses a well known mem IC cuz I'd like to do a vdimm mod and run 3.2-3.3v. I actually don't want a booster, prefer the old fashioned way.

ugp
08-21-2004, 06:13 PM
Well it puts out 3.1 on its own.... :D

gouda96
08-21-2004, 06:40 PM
I for one love a board puts out...3.1 volts that is...:D

__TRONIK__
08-21-2004, 09:16 PM
3.1=good
3.3=better

I wonder why this one only puts out 3.1, when the infinity did 3.3 stock....
maybe they know something about the pruported dangers of high vdimm on a64,
but then 2.0 on vcore for an a64 is nutty as anything else you could do to your setup, and I'm to be running phase change - I wont go higher than 1.75.

p4z1f1st
08-22-2004, 09:17 AM
so, could someone (maybe bigtoe or OPP :D) summarize the "important" options of the LP-UT nF3 250Gb (S754)

(voltages, timing-settings, LDT-modes, max Clock, etc...important things, for a overclocker ;))

pplllzzzzzzz :D

ugp
08-22-2004, 09:33 AM
I would say basically everything you just stated is important lol

p4z1f1st
08-22-2004, 09:52 AM
LOL
yes, but i meant the setable options ;)

so, f.e.

max MEM = 300MHz
max VDIMM = 3.1V
max VCore = 2.0V

and so on :)

GreyBeard
08-22-2004, 10:15 AM
Bigtoe posted a bunch of BIOS pictures which showed most/all the options you asked about. They are either in this thread near the start or, for sure, they are in the news article on the xtreme home page.

ugp
08-22-2004, 10:17 AM
But he also did say some of those options might not be in the final version that is released to us...

GreyBeard
08-22-2004, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by ugp
But he also did say some of those options might not be in the final version that is released to us...

True, but since Bigtoe only has the beta version, AFAIK, we'll have to wait another 10 days or so to find out for sure! :D

And Bigtoe did promise to leak the beta BIOS if some key features are missing - and DFI is aware of that promise! Given that, I think there is a reasonably good chance of all the important stuff being in the final BIOS.

ugp
08-22-2004, 11:24 AM
Oh yeah...he is going to have to host the BIOS somewhere where we all can download it :D

OPPAINTER
08-22-2004, 11:27 AM
so, could someone (maybe bigtoe or OPP :D) summarize the "important" options of the LP-UT nF3 250Gb (S754)

(voltages, timing-settings, LDT-modes, max Clock, etc...important things, for a overclocker ;))

pplllzzzzzzz :D

I think one important thing was to have the LDT at 3 past 240MHz.
It worked like that for me anyway, x4 only went to around 240 on my board. The x3 took me into the 300s.

OPP

p4z1f1st
08-22-2004, 11:57 AM
hmmm....OPP, but with LDTx4 and 240MHz HTT the "imaginary-FSB" would be at 1920MHz and with LDTx3 with 300MHz HTT it would be 1800MHz

so, where is the advantage of 300MHz @ LDTx3 ? :confused:

some benchies ? or did u do them already and posted them ? (so, i would search for them :D)

GreyBeard
08-22-2004, 12:18 PM
There is also a LDTx2.5 which most others do not have.

p4z1f1st, reread the first few pages of this thread - lots of benches and BIOS pics from Bigtoe. There was also another thread where OPP posted his initial results. I don't think it got stickied and it is now dead, so you will have to search for that one.

OPPAINTER
08-22-2004, 12:42 PM
hmmm....OPP, but with LDTx4 and 240MHz HTT the "imaginary-FSB" would be at 1920MHz and with LDTx3 with 300MHz HTT it would be 1800MHz

so, where is the advantage of 300MHz @ LDTx3 ? :confused:

some benchies ? or did u do them already and posted them ? (so, i would search for them :D)

The advantage is when your running your memory in the 250-300 range, 240 with x4 can't touch that:D

OPP

swetmore
08-22-2004, 05:21 PM
Ok I will be upgrading my Athlon XP and Corsair XMS 3200 to the DFI Board, and memory as well. Need a new 64 chip too. I have a water rig, and a v-moded Antec TC550, along with a v-moded 9800AIW. Want to build a max performance 754 rig on water:

A few questions:

1.) Will a single stick of 1G be as stable as 1 512? If price is not an issue, what is the best ram I can get at 3.1v (highest voltage on board)? Seems like we all want 1G of ram at the best clocks available, and the OCZ EB's are proven. What I want is a single stick of 1gig ram that will run 550(+) at tight timings and 3.1v

2.) This board supports Cool and Quite, so we should be able to support a mobile that will allow mulitplier changes in Windows. I know about this on the XP's, but I read somewhere in this post (on another 64 mobo) that they had to put a regular 64 in before the mobile? Why?

3.) I know the Jury is still out on how a mobile will perform on this board, but since I am new to the 64's, what steppings both mobile, and non-mobile should I look for? What is the max / everyday overclock I should expect from these steppings on water? Is it realistic to expect a A64/ 1 meg can do 10 x 275 = 2750 on water with 1:1?

:D

Jack
08-23-2004, 01:01 AM
The 4000+ modules I have all did well but didn't shine as well as the EB.I would say for an easy overclock the 3700rev3 will be an awsome buy, for those looking for wonderclocks you need EB and a few volts ;)

Bigtoe i was wondering, how can i recognise the rev3 modules?
or are all the modules that are being produced now all rev3's?

and is there a significant overclocking differance between 3500 and 3700 EB?
i must say that the 3700rev3 sure looks like killer ram :D

Originally posted by swetmore
A few questions:

1.) 1Gig sure isn't gonna go high, and i think 550+ with tight timings is going to be impossible

2.) don't know

3.) for stepping you'll have to wait for the board to come out, and see some actual results. And you'll need phase change to reach 2750 with a clawhammer, water will get you around 2500+
If you want high cpu clocks than you should go for a newcastle

aldamon
08-23-2004, 03:14 AM
$134.99 shipped and still no active link:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=246478

Hmmm. Decisions, decisions. Slightly more than MSRP, but "free" 2nd Day. Since I have a gig of RAM, I may pass on this beast.

p4z1f1st
08-23-2004, 07:05 AM
@ bigtoe / OPP: what kind of BIOS has the LP-UT 250Gb ? (Pheonix or Award ?)

OPPAINTER
08-23-2004, 07:28 AM

Award

OPP

swetmore
08-23-2004, 07:32 AM
Kind of wondering what the 90nm A64's mobiles are going to do. Oppainter, when are you going to get one?

OPPAINTER
08-23-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by swetmore
Kind of wondering what the 90nm A64's mobiles are going to do. Oppainter, when are you going to get one?

I have no clue.

What flavors do they come in, what is the biggest chip and what is it called exactly?

I'll request one.

OPP

craig588
08-23-2004, 07:38 AM

I thought award and pheonix merged into one company. They split up again?

ugp
08-23-2004, 08:54 AM
Does anyone know what the hell is going on with the link to preorder this...??? It is starting to piss me off!

Lifeless
08-23-2004, 10:02 AM
I have a question, what is the best chipset cooler you could buy that will fit on the bord?
i'm thinking of buying a thermaltake crystal orb, wich isn't that expensive, and pretty quit. But i don't really know a lot about chipset coolers, any suggestions?

Thx

ugp
08-23-2004, 10:05 AM
Same here...I would like to know that as well...

b|gf|sh
08-23-2004, 11:24 AM
Thermalright NB-1C (http://www.thermalright.com/a_page/main_product_nb1c.htm)

http://www.pcperspective.com/images/reviews/56/NB-1C_web.jpg

or Swiftech MCX-159 (http://www.swiftnets.com/products/mcx159.asp)

http://www.swiftnets.com/assets/images/products/MCX159/MCX159-AP.jpg

Will have to wait to find out how much clearance there will be though :rolleyes:

p4z1f1st
08-23-2004, 01:59 PM
again one question ;)

@ bigtoe/OPP: what about the temperature of the NB (or is it a Southbridge ?) ?

because, some nF3-250-NBs get REALLY hot while high oc's

what about the DFI-one ;)

ugp
08-23-2004, 04:28 PM
I already asked bigtoe that and he said he would get back to me on that...he had to measure it he said...

ugp
08-23-2004, 04:29 PM
One the chipset cooler I think I would go witht he Thermalright one...looks better... Or is the one witht he fan actually better...?

dabie
08-23-2004, 05:56 PM
the thermalright one actually comes with a small delta fan.. there is also an aluminum version which is cheaper and would prolly work just as well

ugp
08-23-2004, 07:17 PM
I would rather have :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: that is cooper...it conducts better...

OPPAINTER
08-23-2004, 07:50 PM
again one question ;)

@ bigtoe/OPP: what about the temperature of the NB (or is it a Southbridge ?) ?

because, some nF3-250-NBs get REALLY hot while high oc's

what about the DFI-one ;)

It gets pretty hot. Espeacily since you can give it up to 1.9V via the bios. But even though it's hot I doubt if it is affecting any overclocks. I don't think cooling it will get you much of anything.

OPP

Tony
08-23-2004, 08:54 PM
I had to add cooling to the chipset to get 400HTT stable, then I pushed 100cfm over the board to get 425HTT stable ;)

p4z1f1st
08-23-2004, 10:36 PM
ROFL !

100cfm ?!?! that are 170m³/h !!!

a Delta FFB 0812 EHE -fan has "only" 80cfm !!!

or did u add all cfm's of your fans together ?

or did u really put just a MEGA-FAN on the NB ? :D

berserk
08-23-2004, 10:42 PM
He probably used a 120mm fan to cool the board.

ugp
08-24-2004, 07:52 AM
Yeah well I am going to use my AC vent to cool mine...

Right now my CPU usually runs 36-38 and my chipset runs around 28-30...how is that compared to the chipset on the DFI?

Tony
08-24-2004, 08:29 AM
I have 2 x mains voltage fans I have set up with a speed controller and a mounting arm so i can push lots of cool air on test boards.On full speed they push 300+cfm together but I rarely use them over 100CFM total.

They are 120MM in size.

ugp
08-24-2004, 08:31 AM
But what is the temp on them?

b|gf|sh
08-24-2004, 08:32 AM
bigtoe, any new news on the s939 board (i.e. when you'll get to test it), or any idea of which uk resellers will stock the s754 board first?

ugp
08-24-2004, 08:37 AM
Is the 939 really going to perform better than the 754?

Since I know the L2 cache size is different and all....

trans am
08-24-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by ugp
One the chipset cooler I think I would go witht he Thermalright one...looks better... Or is the one witht he fan actually better...?

I tried the NB-1c. It doesn't even cover the chipset. It's too small. Someone needs to make a chipset cooler specially designed for the nf3-250gb. I just put a 40mm fan over the stock cooler for now and that seems to work pretty well.

ugp
08-24-2004, 08:44 AM
I tried the NB-1c. It doesn't even cover the chipset. It's too small. Someone needs to make a chipset cooler specially designed for the nf3-250gb. I just put a 40mm fan over the stock cooler for now and that seems to work pretty well.

Alright...well I am guessing someone will make one for the nForce 3 if it is known to get hot...

b|gf|sh
08-24-2004, 08:47 AM
Someone needs to make a chipset cooler specially designed for the nf3-250gb.

The mounting holes would need to be further apart to be able to have a larger chipset heatsink :(

You could always watercool it though ;)

ugp
08-24-2004, 08:48 AM
Well I cant afford that...

trans am
08-24-2004, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by OPPAINTER
I have no clue.

What flavors do they come in, what is the biggest chip and what is it called exactly?

I'll request one.

OPP

socket 754 90nm mobile (Oakville) 35w. I'm not sure what the rated speeds are yet. Request one for me too.

OPPAINTER
08-24-2004, 12:11 PM
I had to add cooling to the chipset to get 400HTT stable, then I pushed 100cfm over the board to get 425HTT stable ;)

I'm sure you did use cooling:D

But to max out a good 1:1 clock the stock cooler is fine;)

OPP

tomati
08-24-2004, 12:16 PM
socket 754 90nm mobile (Oakville) 35w. I'm not sure what the rated speeds are yet. Request one for me too.

Are you sure that's 0.09µ will be available on S754 I tough that was only for S939 ?

swetmore
08-24-2004, 01:14 PM
Trans Am,

Are there any special tricks to get the mobiles to work in Nforce 3 Mobos? I read somewhere someone had to put a regular 754 in the mobo first.

I would like to try a socket 754 90nm mobile (Oakville) 35w when they are available. Do you have full control over the multipliers?

I have Corsair XMS 3200 memory rated at 2-3-3-6@ 400 mhz. I have had this memory on my barton running as high as 444mhz@ 2-3-3-6 @2.7. Do you think I could get say 460 out of this memory on this board, or should I get OCZ?

swetmore
08-24-2004, 01:18 PM
New Egg has this Proc. Is is worth a crap? Will it work on the Nforce 3's?

AMD 35W Mobile Athlon 64 2700+, 512KB L2 Cache, 64-bit Processor - OEM

Model# AMD2700BQX4AX
Item # N82E16819103449

Specification
Model: AMD Mobile Athlon 64
Core: Clawhammer
Operating Frequency: 1.6GHz
FSB: Integrated into Chip
Cache: L1/64K+64K; L2/512KB
Voltage: 1.20V
Process: 0.13Micron
Socket: Socket 754
Multimedia Instruction: MMX, SSE, SSE2, 3DNOW!, 3DNOW!+
Packaging: OEM(Processor Only)

ugp
08-24-2004, 05:18 PM
Go preorder it!!! read my new thread link is there....

they said :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: you zipzoomfly and went to someone else!!!

ugp
08-24-2004, 05:22 PM
http://www.gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=MB-DFI-023

There is the link screw it ill post it here anyway...

__TRONIK__
08-24-2004, 05:34 PM
I ordered mine!
after shipping cost it is a bit more expensive than zip would have been, and you don't get the second day air....but resellers has a good rating for them and their are plenty of claims of quick shipping.

Let's cross our fingers for no delays!

ugp
08-24-2004, 05:36 PM
I did regular shipping... for the $6.75...because I believe we get them on the 2nd anyway dont we?

chunkylover77
08-24-2004, 06:47 PM
I'm in. Sweet.

ugp
08-24-2004, 06:47 PM
LOL! Come on everyone post when you have preordered it...so we can see how many people are getting this!

geoff2k
08-24-2004, 06:51 PM
Just ordered mine. The page claims:

"This item will be released on 9/2/2004"

Which I'm reading as "we will ship them on 9/2". I doubt they are guaranteeing delivery by 9/2.

Edit: Vivian's e-mail says:

"The estimated shipment date is still September 2nd"

So that pretty much confirms that they will be shipped 9/2.

spaceman
08-24-2004, 07:09 PM
Umm, OK, I'll post here too then. :D Ordered mine 3rd, if they went by ugp's thread, lol. ;)

bldegle2
08-24-2004, 07:12 PM
ordered mine too.

baldy

spaceman
08-24-2004, 07:18 PM
I have 2 x mains voltage fans I have set up with a speed controller and a mounting arm so i can push lots of cool air on test boards.On full speed they push 300+cfm together but I rarely use them over 100CFM total.

They are 120MM in size. I use these "finger choppers". :D www.sidewindercomputers.com/ystech120mm.html I know it says 45 decibles, but they don't seem that loud to me.

GreyBeard
08-24-2004, 07:22 PM
OK, I am officially jealous! :dammit:

Living in Canada, where GameVE does not ship, and waiting and waiting ... :)

bldegle2
08-24-2004, 07:30 PM
200CFM.

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/delffb1212eh.html

i got a couple awhile back for a 226w peltier project.

no doubt, this is the king of 12 volt fannage, hands down.

r they loud, waddayathink???

baldy:D

jayl
08-25-2004, 12:56 AM
OK, I am officially jealous! :dammit:

Living in Canada, where GameVE does not ship, and waiting and waiting ... :)
They don´t ship abroad? because I just emailed them if they do international shipping...

ugp
08-25-2004, 03:57 AM
I am not sure on if they do or not....DFI said in the email to just check with them....

But also remember there are a limited quanity and this is a more wide beta test of the board... So you better order quickly!

To see how the rest of us does with it...I think I am going to have lots of overclocking fun with it:D:D:D:D

GreyBeard
08-25-2004, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by jayl
They don´t ship abroad? because I just emailed them if they do international shipping...

According to their shipping policy (http://www.gameve.com/GVE/Store/help.aspx#2) they do not take international orders. All their info is on the Privacy Policy page - not very obvious.

ugp
08-25-2004, 05:42 AM
Sorry to hear that....but I will enjoy it and let you know if it is actually worth it and if it lives up to the hype....no one knows for sure yet...

jayl
08-25-2004, 08:16 AM
I tried to search info about their shipping policy from their site but didn´t find it earlier...

But I got an email from them that no international sale. damn...
well, I quess I´ll have to wait until I can order it somewhere from Europe...

trans am
08-25-2004, 10:03 AM
Why not email vivan and ask which canadian and UK stores will have it first? This preorder thing is dumb, just wait until Sept 2 and order it from a different store.

GreyBeard
08-25-2004, 11:37 AM
I did ask Vivian that. The stores she listed are the ones from the DFI Where To Buy page. So you could see what's listed there for Europe. I know I will be checking the Canadian ones in September. :)

morbidj
08-25-2004, 01:07 PM
I wouldnt buy anything from gameve any ways. They shipped me out a x800vivo pretty fast so they are cool on that. But there RMA process is the worst ever. I sent them a DOA X800VIVO and they send me back a used X800 ? Needless to say I wont be ordering from that place again.

*Edit they waived the restocking fee for me*

ugp
08-25-2004, 01:30 PM
Well when you RMA something send it directly to the company!!!

All they do is do that anyway so why....skip them and send it yourself....

freestylercs
08-26-2004, 12:29 AM
moin
nice thread, nice board.
i think, here in Germany we have to wait for a long time,to see this board in our shops.

hopefully...

free

ugp
08-26-2004, 05:10 AM
I am so happy i live in America then...we get everything first:D

Ubermann
08-26-2004, 08:59 AM
Hi ppl!

Been following this thread for a while now and decided to buy this DFI board.
My question is now:
1. What ram should i buy for it for maximum oc (i only need 512 meg)
2. Is an newcastle 3200+ ok or is the 3400 easier to overclock and is there some sort of stepping i should buy ?
Thanks for any help.

GreyBeard
08-26-2004, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Ubermann
Hi ppl!

Been following this thread for a while now and decided to buy this DFI board.
My question is now:
1. What ram should i buy for it for maximum oc (i only need 512 meg)
2. Is an newcastle 3200+ ok or is the 3400 easier to overclock and is there some sort of stepping i should buy ?
Thanks for any help.

1. OCZ3700EB is the most highly recommend RAM for A64. If you only need 512, try to find 1x512 as single sticks OC better (might be hard to find though as they are usually sold as matched pairs).

2. Again the recommend choice is 1M, CG stepping Clawhammer (CPU code ends in 5AR). Both the 3200+ and 3400+ seem to OC quite well. Presummably, if AMD has done a good job of binning, the 3400+ should reach a higher absolute clock speed, but I am not sure which is better on a relative basis. I went with the higher multiplier as I had already bought value RAM (OCZ 3700EB is twice as expensive in Canada).

Ubermann
08-26-2004, 09:34 AM
Thanks you very much!
I just found this new Geil Ultra X memory in sweden but now i noticed they dont seem to work very good with A64 =(
OCZ seems to be impossible to find in Sweden grr!

Why did GOD put ME in Sweden without VISA!

Kunaak
08-26-2004, 09:45 AM
Questions about the DFI NF3.

1. Does DFI anticipate a shortage of this board cause it's hard to make or anything similar to whats happening with the supply and demand of the X800XT's and 6800 Ultras??

2. Will Newegg have this board soon??

3. Does it Support Mobiles??

I definatly need a new motherboard and CPU soon, and this falls perfect in my spending limit with a CPU.
I want a 1 meg cache, and don't want to bother with a newcastle, and neither gameVE or Zipzoomfly carry 1 meg cache CPU's that are in my spending range ($220) but newegg has 3 choices for CPU's that are 1 meg cache CPU's, Mobiles and the 3200.
I want to order both the motherboard and CPU at the same time, from the same place.
if neither gameVE or DFI offer 1 meg cache CPU's then I don't want to order from them, but if I got to wait a month for newegg to get these, I will probably just buy a new P4 CPU and make do with that.

GreyBeard
08-26-2004, 09:49 AM
Why did GOD put ME in Sweden without VISA!

:lol: I sometimes feel the same way - at least I am somewhat closer to the centre of the universe. :)

Anyway, supposedly, OCZ temporarily stopped production on EB memory, but is ramping up again. A local store here has just started carrying EB, but it ain't cheap! Maybe it will eventually make its way across the pond.

freestylercs
08-26-2004, 10:33 AM
Hmm i heard, on the crucial ballistix are the same chips like on the OCZ EB.

free

Ubermann
08-26-2004, 10:49 AM
According to the test on anandtech it seems so.
They did good on the AMD 64 test.

p4z1f1st
08-26-2004, 11:21 AM
According to the test on anandtech it seems so.
They did good on the AMD 64 test.

they're the only one, which did that kinda good :rolleyes:

i think, anand got good-yielded chips to test

b|gf|sh
08-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by freestylercs
Hmm i heard, on the crucial ballistix are the same chips like on the OCZ EB.

free

EB uses Micron 5B-C chips and Ballistix use Micron 5B-G chips, and bigtoe was saying that the G chips aren't better yet (if they were then they'd be in EB ;) )

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40112

ugp
08-26-2004, 01:43 PM
I am glad I got my 64-Bit when I did because I lucked out and got a good version of it...the ClawHammer with C0 steppings.

Jack
08-26-2004, 01:58 PM
Bigtoe i was wondering, how can i recognise the rev3 modules?
or are all the OCZ EB modules, that are being produced now, rev3's?

and is there a significant overclocking differance between 3500EB and 3700EB?

Again the recommend choice is 1M, CG stepping Clawhammer (CPU code ends in 5AR). Both the 3200+ and 3400+ seem to OC quite well. Presummably, if AMD has done a good job of binning, the 3400+ should reach a higher absolute clock speed, but I am not sure which is better on a relative basis.
GreyBeard where did you here found out the 5AR stepping is recommended?

Tony
08-26-2004, 05:36 PM
Have more info for you today.

The board has the same layout as mine except they changed the caps to Rubycons for better performance.The bios im assured has all the same features etc.

939 is soon..how soon I don't know...

The preorder has proven very popular so expect to see more boards from DFI released this way.

ugp
08-26-2004, 05:38 PM
Awesome! We love you bigtoe!!!

spaceman
08-26-2004, 06:20 PM

The board has the same layout as mine except they changed the caps to Rubycons for better performance. Oh, that's just awesome. :toast: That's been one of Abit's best selling points for me before, and I'm glad DFI has the smarts to see how important that is. :) I bet it cuts WAY down on RMAs. BTW, this will be my first ever DFI, and I gotta say, I'm gettin' pretty darn psyched. :D

Geforce4ti4200
08-26-2004, 06:21 PM
kunnac, the only p4 that can stand up to the a64s is the p4ee and its more expensive than the fx53 and has no 64 bits. what is so bad about the 512k cache castles? I have a 3200+ at 2.6GHz, if you use phase change, 3Ghz plus

Kunaak
08-26-2004, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Geforce4ti4200
what is so bad about the 512k cache castles?

if I am gonna do something, I don't wanna do it half assed.
the 1 meg cache just does get better benchmarks overall.
for a gamer, a 512 cache is great.
but I consider myself a benchmarker first.
I have alot more fun, tweaking and pushing PC's then playing games. Odd perhaps, but thats just me.

gouda96
08-26-2004, 08:56 PM
Odd in these forums? That's not even the norm, that's the overwhelming majority :D

Lifeless
08-27-2004, 01:41 AM
question for bigtoe or OPP, could you give the exact distance between the mounting holes of the shipset heatsink?

Thx

Kinsy
08-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Decided to pick one of these up and a 2800+, fed up of having nothing to clock other than a SN45G!

Later itll go into my server.

In the meantime, will a Thermalright SB-2 fit on one of these?

GreyBeard
08-27-2004, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by Jack
GreyBeard where did you here found out the 5AR stepping is recommended?

The 5AR is the last three digits that indicates a CG ClawHammer. A description of the CPU codes can found here (http://forums.amd.com/index.php?showtopic=17145).

As for where I saw it recommended ... I have been reading forums like this for 6+ months ... it kinda stands out. :D

CG is better than CO as CG has a better memory contoller and OCs higher. As for CH vs NC, well there are numerous threads debating that. The consenus seems to be that CH is better for OCing even though the NC can reach higher absolute clocks as the benefit of the bigger cache grows with clock speed. At stock, the NC is generally considered better than the CH.

ugp
08-27-2004, 06:45 AM
But wasn't it a 3200+ with C0 steppings that the record was broken with?

ugp
08-27-2004, 06:48 AM
Well this is what I have for my 64-Bit here..

GreyBeard
08-27-2004, 07:02 AM
Originally posted by ugp
But wasn't it a 3200+ with C0 steppings that the record was broken with?

Yup, and Bigtoe will probably be the first to tell you that he has very good COs! He was also only using 256MB of RAM that works well with A64s.

If you want 2 sticks and a wider choice of RAM, and a better chance at higher clocks, then CG is the way to go. CO is not bad, CG is just a little bit better.

Ubermann
08-27-2004, 10:40 AM
Hi again!

Another question =)
I have found the 3500EB and 3700EB now and they are avaible in stock.
Should i get then 3500 or the 3700 for the DFI ?

GreyBeard
08-27-2004, 10:58 AM
If you can afford it, go for the 3700! It should be able to clock a bit higher.

Ubermann
08-27-2004, 12:36 PM
Thanks!

(If i live on water for 2 weeks i can afford it..and what dont we do to get some extra mhz in this insane world =)

*Found the OCZ booster also so make that 3 weeks on water*

GreyBeard
08-27-2004, 05:17 PM
I have little ones to feed, so it is cheap RAM for me! :)

ugp
08-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Yeah I haven't gotten little ones yet...but I am sure they are coming soon with how my "personal" life is with my girlfriend...it is bound to happen...

Tony
08-27-2004, 08:09 PM
My CO's are not stellar overclockers...both do 2.4gig flat out.I ran lower multi and high HTT so final cpu clock speed was not much higher than stock speed.

3500EB is what I prefer and I have both here to use.3700 is tested for all out speed and 3500 is tested for tighter timings but usually does a similar top end.

I used 1x512 for the benchmarks...not a 256. 1 gig lowers HTT to 250 or so max due to drive strength issues from the memory controller...this is NOT a ram issue.If you have EB test them indevidually on A64 then see what they do together...together will be lower but its nothing to do with the ram.

ugp
08-27-2004, 08:10 PM
So with a 1GB set of that I am looking to do 250 max. That is still 2.5GHz at a 10.0 Multiplier which is still awesome:D

gouda96
08-27-2004, 08:19 PM
I would be happy with 250 for a gig with good timings. maybe use the 10/9 divider with a mobile 3200? Damn it...gonna have to buy this board and a gig of eb :D

boshi
08-27-2004, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by gouda96
I would be happy with 250 for a gig with good timings. maybe use the 10/9 divider with a mobile 3200? Damn it...gonna have to buy this board and a gig of eb :D

just go to zipzoomfly and get a gig of BH-5 for $230

ugp
08-27-2004, 08:27 PM
Nah, we want OCZ EB PC3500 512x2!!! LOL :D

spaceman
08-27-2004, 09:43 PM
I'm hoping my gig of Mushkin works well with it. I know some folks have said their BH5 didn't run too well with A64, but I had both sticks runnin' fine in the Abit, so I have hope. :) I'm glad bigtoe mentioned that he prefers EB3500, I was thinking about some 3700. :cool:

andL64
08-27-2004, 11:16 PM
so...

the board ll be available "everywhere" on 2nd Sept? right? hope i can get one soOn here in Austria or shipping from germany :D

well i also want to know what i could do with these cheap bh-6 here...
also my epoX is in a while sold so i must get one soON !

seEn andL

bldegle2
08-28-2004, 04:21 AM
just go to zipzoomfly and get a gig of BH-5 for $230

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BH-5 modules have been out of production and unavailable except in the classifieds or Ebay.

baldy

aldamon
08-28-2004, 06:56 AM
Originally posted by bldegle2
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

BH-5 modules have been out of production and unavailable except in the classifieds or Ebay.

baldy

There's still a good chance of getting BH-5 from these sticks here:

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80088

I believe the PC3000 rating scared people away from the model.

boshi
08-28-2004, 09:03 AM

http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=80088

I believe the PC3000 rating scared people away from the model.

exactly what I was thinking. I'm gonna buy some of those soon, I hope they dont run outa BH-5

ugp
08-28-2004, 09:19 AM
EB is the only way to go...

[XC] serlv
08-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Sorry for slight deviation from main thread subject, but is this the 512MB EB that is recommended?

pc3500 (http://www.atacom.com/program/print_html_new.cgi?cart_id=2858276_68_96_169_83&FCODE=OCZT_MESS_MESD_MEDD_MERA_MESE_MEME_MEMS_MEFL _MENO_MEPR&Item_code=MEDD_OCZT_51_S4&USER_ID=www)

edit - forgot link! duh!

bldegle2
08-28-2004, 01:30 PM
key word is

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

CHANCE.

BTW, if you are looking for BH-5 stuffs, I have a 512 stick of Corsair PC3500 and two 256 meg sticks of Mushkin PC3500 level II BH-5 that will be hitting the classifieds soon, I can guarantee BH-5 goodness.

anyway, thanks for the heads up, i was for sure thinking that the well had dried up completely on the BH-5 stuffs.

baldy

ugp
08-28-2004, 02:14 PM
I want some good 512x2 that wiill hold up good to the 64-Bit and overclock well

gouda96
08-28-2004, 02:32 PM
All the khx 3200 and 3000 2-2-2 is bh-5 (some 3000 is bh-6, but haven't seen any in a realy long time, and bh-6 is still damn good anyway) the 2-3-2 or the 3000/3200A is ch-5. If they send you ch-5 you can return it because they are advertising 2-2-2 non A and they sent 2-3-2 A.

Or you could just get eb and get similar timings with lower volts.

Kinsy
08-29-2004, 01:09 AM
EB and Ballistix are the way to go because you get the tightest timings possible without silly volts.

BH-5 needs 3.3vish to hit 250 whereas 3700EB can do it on 2.7-2.8v. The lower the volts going through the onboard memory controller, the better.

I just sold a BH-5 and a BH-6 stick to pay for my EB.

ugp
08-29-2004, 06:40 AM
Yeah...the EB really looks like it is really the only way to go on the DFI board for the 64-bit. I know that is the way I am going to go and the price on the PC3500 1GB set is only $295.00 on NewEgg. Unless anyone else knows where to get it cheaper? That is a trusted place anyway...

[XC] serlv
08-29-2004, 12:58 PM
So, how will running 2 512 MB sticks of EB affect an overclock, as opposed to 1. I imagine ya can't clock it as high with two sticks, or am I wrong and these bA64 systems are different?

I like running with a gig, but if it will severely put a damper on my overclock, I'd run w 512 KB.

[XC] serlv
08-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Am I correct in assuming that two single sticks of 3500EB are the same as a "Dual Channel" kit?

listing:
OCZ4331024EBDCPE-K <<< 1 GB DC kit

OCZ433512EBPE <<< 1 single 512 KB stick

If singles will function just as well, I'd rather just get 2x a single stick.

As long as the performance is identical. Does anyone, here, know if it would be?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

some thoughts...

This board is single channel, so any "optimizations" ( if, indeed there are any ) for dual channel, aren't necessary. Also, two single sticks are cheaper ( here (http://www.atacom.com/program/print_html_new.cgi?cart_id=2787475_68_96_169_83&FCODE=OCZT_MESS_MESD_MEDD_MERA_MESE_MEME_MEMS_MEFL _MENO_MEPR&Item_code=MEDD_OCZT_51_S4&USER_ID=www) ) than the DC kit. I can get one, now, and another later, so as to lessen my initial for outlay for A64 ( and the subsequent impact on my wallet ).

__TRONIK__
08-29-2004, 01:55 PM
this thread ahs been completely jacked...
there are plenty of great threads about mem floating about, go check them out.

Here I'll save you the trouble.
EB is the best for a64.
1gb is better for games, 512mb is better for bench
1sided Dimms are better than 2
2dimms clock lower than 1.
BH-5 is still pretty darn good
be careful not to pump too much vdimm, it MIGHT be harming the a64 integrated mem controller. (see "EB is the best")

ok....now can we go back to talking about the DFI?

ex: what mods do you guys think you might be doing to your boards?

I'd like to do a VTT mod, as well as finding some way to eliminate the "uv" reactive nonsense on the board. Any ideas guys? like maybe liquid electrical tape?

spaceman
08-29-2004, 02:19 PM
I'm not lookin' to mod it at all. Why would you care about the UV stuff? It's not gonna affect how it performs. Personally, I don't care much what it looks like, but it's kinda cool for the folks who DO care. :shrug:

__TRONIK__
08-29-2004, 03:02 PM
yellow UV mod is not any good for those who are into lightin things up...I AM into that stuff, I want my rig to look as good as it runs...
like 90% of pc's have a blue color scheme, why can't they do blue, or even red uV?. Personally my new case is going to have multiple themes of red, multiple of blue, and one of green, changeable via toggles, but the yellowwill have to persist among them all, and just does not look good.
I had an infinity - great looking board. I jsut don't get why there has to be a compromise between a board's performance and its appearance. While not nearly as bad as past lanpartys, this one still feels like it should have circus music playing as its theme music.

You mod it,, you voice your opinion about it, and the manufacturers WILL see and hear you, provided others think the same way. And I happen to knwo that I am not the only one who loves the performance of Lanparties, but doesn't like their near gaudiness.

ugp
08-29-2004, 04:07 PM
I think red would be awesome...but you can get UV covers you know for the memory and PCI slots....

here...

http://svc.com/slotprotectors.html

SVC is awesome when it comes to alot of UV Lighting on things and I plan to make this DFI system look awesome as well as run great. I am with __TRONIK__ on making a system look as good as it runs. I see alot of these people that theirs looks like total :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: but it may run good and temps may be better. The color scheme I am using for mine is what I have now and it is blue. Although I am thinking of intergrating some red into the mix.

ugp
08-29-2004, 05:04 PM
To let everyone know...I contacted DFI and the audio is 16-bit only. Which is still fine by me. I am not going to use my Sound Blaster ZS 2 once I get this board. The 7.1 it has is sufficent enough.

ugp
08-29-2004, 06:42 PM
That god damn board needs to arrive soon:( For some reason my chipset is running 40C and I really don't know why...although it is lowering alittle right now.

The Mofo
08-29-2004, 06:45 PM
Gameve is only 30 mins from me, so im guessing my board will arrive the following day its shipped. Possibly Fri?

spaceman
08-29-2004, 07:40 PM
Heehee, it won't take mine long to get here either. Seattle's just a hop, skip, & jump up the coast. :D I musta lost a few more marbles, cause I ordered up a X800 Pro too. Just gettin' too hard to wait on the PE I ordered. :rolleyes:

-=TriX=-
08-29-2004, 10:15 PM
Looking forward to everyone's results with this DFI board :)

ugp
08-30-2004, 04:38 AM
I am looking forward so much to this board. At my current state I can't even reach 225x10.0...and I did MemTest86 so it isn't my memory, the motherboard I have is just a piece of 'poo!'

jellysandwich
08-30-2004, 05:51 AM
Me too. Me too...

-jellysandwich

geoff2k
08-30-2004, 05:54 AM
Curious to see if my 2800+ will perform any better with the DFI board vs. the 8KDA3J that I've got right now...

aldamon
08-30-2004, 06:05 AM
Originally posted by ugp
To let everyone know...I contacted DFI and the audio is 16-bit only. Which is still fine by me. I am not going to use my Sound Blaster ZS 2 once I get this board. The 7.1 it has is sufficent enough.

Why would you do that? Onboard audio can result in a 10% - 20% performance hit in games. If you already have an Audigy ZS, it seems silly to throw away the performance.

ugp
08-30-2004, 06:27 AM
WEll that I didn't know...I figured the less sh*t installed the better. If in that case I will continue to use my SB then...

But SB really needs to fix there damn drivers.
In Doom 3 the sound likes to shut off and you have to restart the audio engine in console with Audigy cards. Everyone I know has that problem.

Ok anyway back to the DFI...I want it!!!!:smileysex I want to touch it and feel it....

Kinsy
08-30-2004, 07:49 AM
10-20%? Bull :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: mate, not with modern processors.

ugp that happens to us nforce2 users too; dont think its limited to cards. To get the sound back on, just flick surround sound on/off.