PDA

View Full Version : RBX copper top, anybody tryed to insulate it?

lonepig
07-27-2004, 11:20 AM
As I'm approaching the final stages of my chiller system i'm paying more and more thought as to what block to use. At the moment its a Maze3 (poly) in a straight water system. As I think i'm hitting -30 ish this is obviously a bit risky.

My thoughts are

1/ RBX with copper top
2/ D-TEK with ally top

I know I can get the rbx cheaper so thats a plus. Also I know there performance very similar. So the question is has anybody tryed to insulate a RBX block and how hard do you think it would be?

Thanks in advance.

OCme
07-27-2004, 11:50 AM
the rbx is a good wb from wut i've read, but never insulated one before... the way i see it, it can't be that much harder than insulating any other wb. i have a white water wb that has 3-barbs & a copper top & is similar to yours. i'll be insulating it in the next week or two. along with my swiftech mcw50. i'll post pics in the liquid frostbyte thread when i do.

lonepig
07-27-2004, 11:52 AM
My only reason for asking was due to the odd shape of the RBX and that it won't cover large areas of the chip surface. Things like the D-tek and the swiftech are fair similar, in that there both basiclay rectangular blocks.

JSU
07-27-2004, 12:09 PM
the rbx was pretty hard to insualte for me but not impossible. I had a 5 pack of neopjen fro dd. The largest piece fits the base lsmot perfectly so I cut the form of thhe rbx into the neophen then covered the rest of the block

OCme
07-27-2004, 02:30 PM
a good way to do irregular blocks is to dip it multiple times in liquid rubber letting it dry for several hrs in between coats. lap it before you do it, then take a razor & remove the area where it will make contact with your cpu.