PDA

View Full Version : New house - Custom Room Cooling

i_jester
07-26-2004, 07:47 AM
I am just starting construction on a new house, and am seriously considering some environmental control in my media room.

I am looking at:

A. Keeping the room dehumidified as much as possible.

B. Having a dedicated cool air supply system along the wall for my computers to be able to draw intake air from the cases and use for any heat exchangers to draw cool air from.

C. Have a dedicated exhaust supply with a fan/vent to outside that I could hook up anything I want to ditch hot air.

Thoughts?

skate2snow
07-26-2004, 08:13 AM
The best thing whould to have your computer in a very little clset that as a cold blow hole, and a exasut system...

OCme
07-26-2004, 08:26 AM
:cool: set up a mega chiller outside your house w/ a line of inlet & outlet ports inside to cool your pc's... that way you would keep all the noise and heat outside w/ all the cooling goodness on the inside:D

i_jester
07-26-2004, 08:33 AM
Good ideas

The outside chiller would be a great idea - similar to house ac but smaller. Just have to seriously insulate the water lines. I could have hookups inside with shutoffs.

The pc cabinet idea would be a good one too as I could A/C it and keep humidity to virtually nothing.

skate2snow
07-26-2004, 10:45 AM
But its what you want? A chiller, or a air cooling? By your post it looks like air cooling...

i_jester
07-26-2004, 10:49 AM
>Skate

I have currently 5 computers - 3 air cooled, one water cooled, and one waiting to be Phase/Chilled.

My primary goal is to keep ALL of the cases cooler than just a 70 degree office. My secondary goal would be to help eliminate or at least substantially lessen the problem of condensation on any of them that have internal cooling at lower than ambient air temps.