PDA

View Full Version : Doom III demo?

XtremepH
07-17-2004, 07:24 PM
When is the demo suppose to be released?

tylerhskate
07-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Yes, i wouldnt admit that you have admins dont like us to talk about piracy, but im sure about 60% of us have tried it. It sucks btw if you havent noticed yet. Just wait 2 weeks for D3

texuspete00
07-21-2004, 05:38 AM
I dont think he's talking about piracy but the actual demo. The demo is not done, they say now that the game has gone gold they are turning there attention to it. It will NOT be out before the game so I'm putting it in the "who cares" bucket. I am going to buy the game upon release and take my chances :D

Pha_Q
07-27-2004, 11:27 PM
yeah, whats up with good games now adays, none of them have an official demo before their release anymore. who wants a demo after the official release of the full version?

Alien vs Predator, now that was a SWEET 3 part demo (1 demo for each species) i downloaded all 3 of them on dial up and they were 100MB+ each. omg that game rocked when it came out. and the demos were fun and they came out first.

Soulburner
07-28-2004, 06:03 AM
Well, we just finished the game, so we're all kind of recovering from shock. We're still trying to figure out what we want to do with the demo. Our goal is to make a piece of Doom 3 that gives players a feel for what Doom is. Doom is more than one level, so we have to be very careful to get the demo nailed down right. As soon as we figure out what we want to do and how we want to move forward, we can give more information on that.

lalPOOO
07-29-2004, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by Pha_Q
yeah, whats up with good games now adays, none of them have an official demo before their release anymore. who wants a demo after the official release of the full version?

Alien vs Predator, now that was a SWEET 3 part demo (1 demo for each species) i downloaded all 3 of them on dial up and they were 100MB+ each. omg that game rocked when it came out. and the demos were fun and they came out first.

Demos take time. Do you want a faster game or a faster demo?

Cow2kie
08-02-2004, 07:27 PM
just go buy the game and turn off the light s while you play :D

Charles Wirth
08-02-2004, 08:36 PM
Doom3 demo was not released at CPL. maybe at quakecon.

They did not even show off Doom3

noreturn
08-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by Pha_Q

ut2004 had a demo... :(