PDA

View Full Version : viper

dodge
07-16-2004, 11:19 PM
i need some pics or some vids if you can give us somes links ill be very gratful

Soulburner
07-17-2004, 02:03 PM
I got lots but no host.

I could FTP, PM me if you want some stuff.

Nohto
07-17-2004, 04:24 PM
Here is a vid with a Supercharged Viper:

The Viper was filled with 100 and something octane gas and it was off to the roll-ons. Temperature was from high 70's to low 80's, I think. We were running into a 10-15 mph headwind, and the air was fairly dry. Traction was never an issue for any of us.

The car is a Supercharged Viper fresh from Levin's shop in FL. It was dynoed there before it left and made 886 HP. Upon arrival in CA, Manny took it to be dynoed, but only got a torque reading as the operator couldn't get an accurate HP number. Torque was in the mid-700s. According the Manny, usually with a supercharged Viper, HP is higher than torque, so the car is probably putting out HP in the 800+ range. He has aftermarket body work on it with an air splitter on the front and a wing on the tail, which are both good for keeping the car planted, but perhaps not top speed. Manny (I estimate weighs in a little over 200 and he had probably another 40 pounds of stuff in his car.) (http://www.chatstat.com/VIPER2.wmv)

Soulburner
07-17-2004, 04:49 PM
That's complete BS. The operator is a complete moron.

HP = Torque x RPM / 5252

Say his car was making that 750 torque at 5000 rpm. That means at 5000 rpm he was making 714 HP.

Plug in whatever RPM his peak TQ was at and there you go. The Dyno does this for you. I don't understand why he doesn't have the number already.

Also the little tidbit about the HP usually being higher than the TQ number a FI car is also false. Often times with a turbo or supercharger you see higher peak torque.

I have that video too, its pretty cool. I don't like the fact he went with the Paxton...he would have made more power with the ATI Procharger but oh well.

BTW the HP of that car was around 880 if i remember right...

Nohto
07-17-2004, 04:52 PM
I think you need to WTFU!!! The guy that owns the viper has 2 of them and the bikes he is racing at the time are big bore and nitrous for the 12, and nitrous at least on the Busa. He doesn't have to lie about anything!!!!!!!!!

Soulburner
07-17-2004, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Nohto
I think you need to WTFU!!! The guy that owns the viper has 2 of them and the bikes he is racing at the time are big bore and nitrous for the 12, and nitrous at least on the Busa. He doesn't have to lie about anything!!!!!!!!!
:confused:

Was that pointed at me?

Nohto
07-17-2004, 05:18 PM
Was that pointed at me?
Yes

The operator is a complete moron
Do you even know him????? How do you come to that conclusion?

Here is the link to the thread.
http://www.zx-12r.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=23433&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=viper

I have seen his garage, he has a stackable car rack with his red Viper and the one in the video. Guy can't be too much of a moron, he is doing something right.

Nohto
07-17-2004, 05:23 PM
That's complete BS. The operator is a complete moron
I reread your post and missed the fact that you were talking about the Dyno operator. I thought you were talking about Manny. sorry about that.
Nate

Soulburner
07-17-2004, 05:34 PM
Yeah I was talking about the operator...if he really knew what he was doing he'd already know all of this stuff.