PDA

View Full Version : Liutilities Winbackup

JBELL
10-16-2002, 01:01 PM
The good guys at LIUTILITIES sent me there new program for file backup...

Here is the full review (xtremesystems.org/Reviews/winbackup/liutilitieswinback.html)

LIUTILITIES WINBACK

The good guys at LIUtilities, http://www.liutilities.com sent me a copy of their program WINBACKUP and asked me what I thought about it.

Installation was a breeze! Could not have been any easier just a few clicks and a minute later you’re done. First time using it is great, a setup wizard comes up and guides you through the entire installation process. In just a few simple steps, you will have your backups up and running without a hitch.

Features:

User Interface

Very intuitive design with easy to understand icons, names and tooltips

Flexible file and folder selection similar to Windows Explorer

Built-in wizards/tutorials and documentation helps to get you started

Fully multi-threaded user-interface with background processing

Security

Strong encryption (128 or 256 bit AES) protects your backups from unauthorized access

Protect your backups with passwords

Use passwords to prevent others from starting WinBackup

Scheduling

Schedule backups to run in the background at any time

Separate schedules can be used for different Backup Jobs

Compression

Compress files to reduce the size of backups

Estimated compressed size is calculated in realtime for any backup job

Files are compressed and decompressed on the fly for maximum performance

Other Features

Backup outlook emails, my documents, desktop, address book or favorites with a single click

Detailed Logs helps you keep track of all executed backup operations

Step 1: Create a backup job.

Step 2: Find your files to include in your backup.

The program works great with its easy to read and follow Windows Explorer-like tree layout for selecting files. It easily allows you to select an entire directory and will even allow you to ignore any file type you do not want included in your backup. This is a beneficial option if you are a file pack-rat and don’t want to spend the time digging through folders to deselect certain files.

Step 3:Select the files to include in the backup.

Just click the files or folders you want to save, if you select the folder, it will select everything within that folder. Make sure you check which files are inside the folder, because all will be selected for backup.

Step 4: Finish the backup.

This program is almost too easy to use. If you are any kind of computer user, whether a business professional, music lover, graphic artist or college student with a lot of word documents, WINBACKUP is for you. I have spent a lot of time kicking myself over lost files from computer crashes, hard drive failures, and accidental erasure of folders on my computer, a backup program like this and a steady practice of backing up on a regular basis would have saved many long nights.

This program ran great and did everything easily. I first used the program without the use of the manual and it simply could not be easier to use. The features are everything that are needed and does it far superior to anything else I have other program I have tried. Out of 5 stars, WINBACKUP gets 4.5! Only because this is a program everyone has needed from the beginning! Go to http://www.liutilities.com/products/winbackup/ directly for information on this great tool.

Joseph Bell

jbell@xtremesystems.org