PDA

View Full Version : water cooler

Baselessum
07-15-2004, 02:45 PM
ok here goes after reading PC ice's thread and replys today (all 9 pageS and what a great thread it is).....have had a thought about the chiller i got here (beer cooler). I have tried to use it to as a w/c but the condensation is a real problem...and probabley wont be able to sort them out.. so thought about it and maybe my cooler could phase change on a basic level
its got the condensor, compressor, coil and a res..oh and a thermostat.... :( not sure what sort of gas is in the compressor but thinking if i could take the stat out of the loop the compressor would bottom out to which ever tmp the gas is capable of???..and the use say antifreze as the ( or some over no volitile liquid) in the res....hoping u guys could give me a few pointers...or am i just being mad....

JSU
07-15-2004, 02:53 PM
all you need to do is insulate it.... then you can use it as a liquid cooler, btw why havnt you diabled the thermostat yet?

To make a direct dye systems your going to need an evaporator and suction tube, + a bunch of equipment b.c you have to take the gas out and recharge it. + you have to worry about condensation for direct dye also so I would just keep it as a liquid chiller.

Baselessum
07-15-2004, 03:02 PM
No havent done anything yet lol .....was just thinking....getting far to much condensation trying to run as w/c.....but if its gonna be technical I wont bother to new to all this extreme stuff….i wouldn’t do anything stupid …would get some else to who knows what they are doing…it was just a thought..oh well gonna have to overcome the cond probs as it is...thks for the reply

chilly1
07-16-2004, 04:58 AM
That looks like a soda fountian chiller with multiple loops for different drinks.

JSU
07-16-2004, 06:06 AM
thats what those are... I was wondering why it has all of those. It looks realy funky :) :)

Baselessum
07-16-2004, 06:53 AM
Lol its definitely a beer chiller it uses an impeller pump to circulate the cold water around a loom and all the rest are co2 pumped from the barrels..... :) still havent taken the stat out yet

HawainPanda
07-16-2004, 08:48 AM
that does look very sweet

kayl
07-18-2004, 03:38 PM
definetly dont destroy it.
dont disable the thermostat yet, it could come in handy, no need for long pull down once it reaches its coldest temp
fill it and see what temp it shuts off at
GL

Baselessum
07-18-2004, 08:04 PM
yeah it will go to -1 to -3C (with the stat on ) but have had real probs with condensation. if i can overcome that i will be using it :)

Baselessum
07-20-2004, 02:39 PM
just an update to the thing sorry its in the wrong thread ...i know it should be in liquid chilling....(1 day will go for phase change direct die ,when iam an older man;) )

took 40 mins to reach temp..ah well its only a water chiller