PDA

View Full Version : HP 9870 / Asus P4T Question! Please Help!

Snoodge
10-15-2002, 11:52 PM
Alright guys heres the deal... Im a regular poster over on Madonion but since the forums are down for a couple of days I take it... ill ask my question here...

me and a friend are trying to overclock his HP 9870 P4 system and im havin a little trouble... this is what we have gathered so far... The board inside is an Asus P4T (OEM Obviously) Socket 423 and it has a P4 1.3ghz proc inside... now here's our thinking... the board obviously has a shafty HP bios in it right now and since that HP bios doesnt have any FSB adjustments or Vcore adjustments it is impossible to OC the processor... now... the Asus P4T Retail version has FSB Adjustments in its bios which would make this all very easy... so my first thoughts were to just flash the board with the retail bios and voila... easier said than done... I cant seem to find the correct flashing program...

the bios that ive found to go into the board is the Asus 1006 bios which should be the most up to date version... but the bios on this board is a Phoenix Bios and not an Award... so when I tried Aflash.exe it didnt work... but I then tried Phlash.exe and that didnt seem to work either...

If someone has any insight into how I can get this board flashed to that of an Asus P4T and get some clockin goin on id really appreciate it... any instructions or step by step information would be REALLY appreciated...

thanks in advance and sorry for the novel!

JBELL
10-16-2002, 12:46 AM
WELCOME TO THE SICKNESS!!

I'm new to intel myself but our resident experts should be by soon...

Snoodge
10-16-2002, 12:59 AM
bump