PDA

View Full Version : mIRC DCC problems

masterofpuppets
07-09-2004, 03:44 PM
Does anyone here know about mIRC's DCC feature? Wel, it's been giving endless annoyance. I am trying to get a file from a friend over DCC and it appears in the status window as sending but it doesn't start the transfer. I have tried the /localinfo command to resolve my host but to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions?

Karnivore
07-09-2004, 03:55 PM
Both your friends and your connection details would be helpfull, if either of you are behind a firewall/router would need to know that as well...

DCC and IRC uses specific ports which need to be available for full functionality...

masterofpuppets
07-09-2004, 04:19 PM
Ok, it starts sending now, but it fails to connect. This is with my firewall disabled.

Connection info:

When I use /localinfo -h it resolves:
Computer (81.153.178.29)

But with -u it does:
host81-153-178-29.range81-153.btcentralplus.com (81.153.178.29)

Karnivore
07-09-2004, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Karnivore
Both your friends and your connection details would be helpfull, if either of you are behind a firewall/router would need to know that as well...

DCC and IRC uses specific ports which need to be available for full functionality...

Connection details? all your getting is the send/recieve request. Without any further details I'm guessing one of you has some needed ports blocked.

You can try clearing local info on both ends, sometimes it works but I'm guessing it won't...

You could also use Aim....

tylerhskate
07-09-2004, 04:41 PM
If you are talkin about warez dont lie its not that big of a deal, because all it is is the bot is pinging out or if it really is your friend then he is pinging out.

masterofpuppets
07-09-2004, 05:24 PM
Don't matter now! I sorted it! I had DCC server switched off!