PDA

View Full Version : Mmmm beer....

lonepig
07-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Right after hanging around the forums for a while and a couple of false starts, I do believe I have it finally cracked.

Taking inspiration from themodfather website, also know as copying there idea, I look on a certain auction site and finally found what I was looking for. A Cornelius Maxi 110 Flashcooler.

In the blink of a screwdriver I whipped all the covers off. Disembowled the resevoir and removed all unwanted parts, nasty little pump, beer loop (a sad loss) and the thermostat.

So within a hour or so we have the bare basic parts of a luverly cooler :D.

OCme
07-09-2004, 12:06 PM
nice score... let us know wut kinda temps u get...

oc_nightmare
07-09-2004, 01:24 PM
hehe that chiller will kick some @sses ;)
it looks pretty cool.... turn it on :D

Reflex1
07-10-2004, 09:41 AM
looks nice ...
so this is was originally a beer cooler? hmmm

lonepig
07-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Yup, there's usually a few kicking around auction sites. The seem to be becoming more popular and more people are buying them. If its for beer use or computing I don't know, i'm guessing the former what with summer coming.

kayl
07-11-2004, 04:32 PM
fill it with cooland and chill befroe you rip it apart see what temps it gets.

that is exacly what i have been wanting to make.
something that my friends would actually think is a good idea
for parties, no more ice and the beer would be so cool
actually i want to chill a keg, i brew beer and it would be mint to have beer on tap been chilled with phase changing to a cool 3c or so so it doesnt ice over

lonepig
07-11-2004, 09:22 PM
Well i'm waiting for my thermometer to arrive so no actual temps yet. But I have filled it will 25% glycol, all I had at the time, and withing 3hrs it was almost solid ice, with a agitator pump in the solution. :D

This should do quite nicely I think. I'm not gona use glycol in the finished version, prob ethanol.

kayl
07-11-2004, 10:41 PM
try at least 50/50 glycol coolant temps
i think 33% freezes under 20c (cant remember exact point)

50/50 freezes at -36c to -37c its a good way to check how good the temperature gauge really is.