PDA

View Full Version : Koolance Exos Experience

drcrawn
07-08-2004, 04:24 PM
What's your guy's experiences with the Exos? I know it is expensive, but it seems to be high quality and very user-friendly. I want good performance too...any thoughts?

Karnivore
07-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Read through a few of the H2O threads here in the liquid cooling section, Hit up Danger Den, D-Tek, Swiftech, or one of the other H2O stores for a few hand picked components..

dangerDen TDX, RBX, DTek WW, or a Polar-Flow, on the CPU..

Maz4GPU, Silver Prop Fusion, MCW50 on the GPU..

Heater core from your local auto parts, or a Dtek 120 rad/shroud/s.

Nice 120mm Fan or two on a controller.

Swiftech or DangerDen DC pump.

Some 1/2 inch tubing and misc hardware locally.

water additive of your choice simple as Anti-freeze or app specific.

All the above tossed together to cool your machine will equal BETTER performance, less cost (Depending on your choices) and an overall sense of gratification you get from doing it yourself...

www.dangerden.com

www.swiftnets.com

www.dtekcustoms.com

Many more online stores as well, these should get you started.....

drcrawn
07-08-2004, 07:03 PM
yes all of thats nice except I want a totally self contained unit for mobility, and don't want to deal with a reservior. The Exos is pretty awesome, I have a TDK block and the MCW50 on my NVidia. I'm using the Swiftect 8600 with two radiators for the GPU and want to have a seperate circuit with something external, small, quality, and self contained. Mostly because I have no more room in my case after the Swiftech install.
With the TDK I want to use something external, and moderately powerful. I'm not looking for an outrageous oc, just a nice oc and quite noise...
That and is it ok to run the hot water into the pump before going through the radiator?? Or do most of you guys not do this? Thanks.

The_Dark_Hacker
07-08-2004, 07:27 PM
ya it is ok to run "hot" water though the pump before the radiator. the water isnt going to be hot enough to do damage to anything. accually the water wont even be hot

drcrawn
07-08-2004, 07:52 PM
thanks for the help, this is the first pc i'm watercooling...is it obvious? I'm not a moron, or a oc noob, but I am a H2O noob! Anyway, I think I am going to build quite a stellar and clean system hear with real good oc potential.

WeaponX
07-09-2004, 02:22 AM
I have my parts and currently going into water cooling too. I bought the Koolance CPU block with the 1/2" ID, thermochill 120.2 radiator, Frozencpu.com bay res, Swiftech pump rev.2 and some Tygon tubing.

I really like the Koolance block and it seems noone has really given them a chance (besides the exos) so I think I should try it out :D

drcrawn
07-09-2004, 08:08 AM
hey Weapon, I use the Zalman heatpipe vga cooler with fan on my FIC 9800pro 128 and get 430/370 with it, FYI

Reflex1
07-10-2004, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by drcrawn
What's your guy's experiences with the Exos? I know it is expensive, but it seems to be high quality and very user-friendly. I want good performance too...any thoughts? i bought it before also ...it was my first Watercooler.
and to be honest ...IT SUCKS. but thats mainly cuz i tried strapping a pelt onto it ...and it CLeARLY didnt have the power to simply cool a 80watter (even when that was the only block). So i sold it and made my own WC setup (see sig for specs) used this ever since and its wayyy better. but the exos IS better than ANY air cooler ...since i've seen ppl say good air is better.

drcrawn
07-10-2004, 05:27 PM
thanks for all your input guys, i appreciate it