PDA

View Full Version : Windows ME

Attitudx
10-15-2002, 04:37 AM
I am just looking for a general verifiying answer for myself. System Specs. AMD600, 6 gig harddrive, 256 ram, generic vid card. IN the background no programs are running cept explorer. When checking system resourses with performance it says 52% resources free. Nothing is open is this just an ME issue on my PIII 450 I have problems with ME dragging and being slow when therre is nothing open. Just curios on what the gen think process was I think I know but wanted some back up on my answer

JBELL
10-15-2002, 06:42 AM
whats your virtual mem set to?? sounds like winblows isn't releasing memory liek it is suppose to...

go back to task manager ... go to processes - look at what is running there and screenshot it.

Attitudx
10-15-2002, 07:15 AM
um ok can do have to wait till I am at the computer but in me does it have processes, in the programs that are running there is nothing there. As far as Virtual Memory on winblows ME what would be a good setting for it?

actually my process is only the sims (wifes computer)

Tweaked!
10-15-2002, 08:04 AM
Me did that to me on every computer I had it on. I never did figure out why, but since Me was such a ****** operating system, I just moved on to w2k. It's truely worth it.:)

Attitudx
10-15-2002, 08:43 AM
that was my general idea. I am gonna test this on another computer and see if it works I am gonna xp the mutha LOL

Smizack
10-21-2002, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Tweaked!
Me did that to me on every computer I had it on. I never did figure out why, but since Me was such a ****** operating system, I just moved on to w2k. It's truely worth it.:)

Fa sho. Too much of a pain unless you LIKE formatting every 2 weeks.

*cough JAWS! *cough :stick: :D

JAWS
10-22-2002, 06:00 AM
Originally posted by Smizack
*cough JAWS! *cough :stick: :D

*shakes fist* LOL

I have a new friend now. Her name is Ghost 2003. :smileysex

Attitudx
10-22-2002, 06:42 AM
actually I think it is the video drivers. I got the detonators from smiz but his are messed up and I have the same one off of his computer so I guess it is a redownload of the detonator drivers

Tweaked!
10-22-2002, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by JAWS
*shakes fist* LOL

You'll get your moneys worth out of it while using win Me;)
It used to crash on me on a regular basis.

Smizack
10-22-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by JAWS
*shakes fist* LOL

:D

At least we know it's not just sitting in the box. heh;)

Smizack
10-22-2002, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by Attitudx
actually I think it is the video drivers. I got the detonators from smiz but his are messed up and I have the same one off of his computer so I guess it is a redownload of the detonator drivers

Hey dude, the 30.81's worked for me. But I didn't try the exact ones you have, because they are for WinME.

Attitudx
10-22-2002, 10:23 AM
OH duh hmm when i try to run it it gives me an error message about not being able to find the pci something or other