PDA

View Full Version : Strange Issues

SOCOM
10-14-2002, 09:29 AM
My current setup is an ABIT IT7 Max2, 2.4B, and 512mb xms3500c2.. I'm having various different issues I was wondering if any of you guys could help me.

First is, I CANNOT sucessfully flash the bios. Everytime I enter the name of the bios .bin, it says "please wait" and hangs there. Nothing hazs fixed this including using both pcdos and msdos (that has madea difference for me before).

the next is, even with the pci/agp bus locked @ 33/66mhz and 2.8v to my ram, I CANNOT break 160mhz fsb. 155 goes all day long. Ive seen a bunch of people getting like 180mhz, without alot of trouble and I'm starting to get frusterated. I'm using the stock timings (2-2-5-2 I think) and they dont seem to give ma anywhere near the preformance I was looking for, coming in @ like "kt266a pc2400" scores in sandra.

Last is, I CANT do cas1.5 even @ 100mhz fsb w/ 2.8v... Just wont do it.

I'm really wondering whats with this.. :\ any help is greatly appreciated. :)
-SOCOM

Jupiler
10-15-2002, 11:34 AM
Sure the floppy isn't dead??
As for your cpu, try increasing the voltage a bit, to 1.55 or even 1.6V. As long as you don't go above 1.75V, it should be OK.
What is the memory set at, 1:1 or 3:4 ?
I never tried the 1.5v setting, so can't help you with that.

SOCOM
10-16-2002, 10:05 AM
Hm... the floppy reads and writes fine up until i try and flash, but I'll try another...

As for the memory being 1:1, I'lll try when i go home for lunch today and see what its set @. Thax man, I gotta cya hanging out around more @ forumoc.. HEHE.
-SOCOM

Colin
10-16-2002, 10:33 AM
I can't help you with your BIOS prob, but for your FSB prob, what happens when you try to go higher then 155 MHz FSB?

What type of cooling are you using?

Don't feel bad about the CAS 1.5 thingy a lot of memory won't be able to boot at that timing.

SOCOM
10-16-2002, 10:41 AM
I bumped the vcore to 1.7 and vmem to 2.8 and it took me all the way to 3.1ghz (175 mhz fsb) ram timings "by spd" .. I couldnt keep it there because the chip overheated pretty damn fast.. lol.. It didnt make it into windows, and wouldnt restart until I let it sit and cool down for a minute.. I'm not really looking into that speed right (looking @ getting a promethia for that)... I just wanted to know I got what i paid for so far.. hehe. :)

I still havent figured out het bios thing.. It'll come to me eventually.. :(

Cooling is a swiftymcx 4000 w/ a normal sized case fan (getting a 68cfm delta soon) and two 120mm fans (one 130cfm delta, one 90cfm slim sunon by the card slots mounted in a cooler master atc200mx... Rofl... The two 120's push soo much air in, you can feel air coming out fo the inlets on the case.. ROFL

-SOCOM