PDA

View Full Version : Critical errors in Ut2k3

Tweaked!
10-14-2002, 05:01 AM
Is anyone else having any issues with the new UT2003T???
I've been climbing the ladder in single player mode trying to get decent at the game before going online with it, but once I got to the third unlock level (can't remember which one that is, I'm at work right now) but basically I've reached this point and when I go to load the next screen, it errors. It won't let me get into that one at all. And more times than not, the game won't even open from the get go. I go into programs and choose to open the game (with the cd in) and it just spins for like 2 minutes or so then quits. Same with safe mode. The rig I'm trying this on is the one in my sig.:confused:

mbrock
10-18-2002, 01:21 PM
Mine did the same thing. I found that the problem was a trashed username.uvx file in the saves folder. I started backing the file up everytime i increased a level. Once the problem was a trashed ut2003.ini file so it is also backed up now.

routehero
10-18-2002, 02:50 PM
Hmm, that sounds pretty strange. I've had no problems with the single player mode (haven't finished it yet, playing multiplayer too much). Might want to check out th Infogrames forums for UT2003 and see if there are similar problems.

http://www.ina-community.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?forumid=214

Tweaked!
10-18-2002, 06:57 PM
Cool, thanx guys, I'll have to look into that stuff. (if I can ever find the time;) )

FRAGN'STIEN
11-17-2002, 11:25 AM
I too get a criticle error, but mine happens when I try to play deathmatch.

Tweaked!
11-17-2002, 06:25 PM
Do you have the patch?