PDA

View Full Version : Problem installing nForce 2 chipset drivers

TheElite1
06-24-2004, 09:32 AM
I've encountered a serious problem while installing my chipset drivers for my nForce 2 motherboard. I went to nVidias website and saw there was an update for my chipset drivers. I choose the nForce 2 platform with Win XP. I try to install it....and at a certain point during the installation, my HD stops spinning and the system crashs. It seems to happen at the same point and doesnt seem random as it keeps doing it. After 2 failed attempts, I just quit and went to play HomeWorld 2. There were weird graphical glitches in the game. There were red squares around ships and weapon fire. I figured it was a problem with my vid card drivers, so I reinstalled the latest Forceware drivers. Didnt fix the problem. I suspect the problem has to due with my failed attempt at installing my chipset drivers as I enver had this problem in HW2 until today. Can someone try to help me out please? I would really like to update my chipset drivers...and get to the bottom of this weird problem with my HD. (btw - It's not a virus, I already scaned, I got nothing)

System Specs:
AMD Athlon XP 2400
Biostar M7NCG
60GB Wester Digital w/ 2mb cache
512mb DDR 333
128mb Asylum FX 5200 Ultra
350w PSU
And plenty of fans. The temp of my components is fine. A got a 120mm blowing in at the front, a 80mm blowing in at the side, and two 80mm blowing out the back.