PDA

View Full Version : Please Help, Brand New Unit's Compressor Won't Start

computerpro3
06-23-2004, 09:07 AM
Hi,
Well my friend found what looks to be a BRAND NEW maytag 5000btu unit on the side of the road, the only problem is that the power cord had fallen out, probably from someone tripping over it. So we re-hooked the cord up to the inside componets which it ripped from, and the fan starts, but the :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:in compressor won't start. On some settings it seems like its trying to start (we hear a low hum emitting from it) but nothing that sounds like its going full bore. I know theres not much you guys can do on this issue from afar, but still.....any ideas? I'm sure the wires are hooked up right....

Gary Lloyd
06-23-2004, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by computerpro3
Hi,
Well my friend found what looks to be a BRAND NEW maytag 5000btu unit on the side of the road, the only problem is that the power cord had fallen out, probably from someone tripping over it. So we re-hooked the cord up to the inside componets which it ripped from, and the fan starts, but the :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:in compressor won't start. On some settings it seems like its trying to start (we hear a low hum emitting from it) but nothing that sounds like its going full bore. I know theres not much you guys can do on this issue from afar, but still.....any ideas? I'm sure the wires are hooked up right....

Is the run capacitor hooked up properly? Is there a wiring diagram? Pics would help.