PDA

View Full Version : Rage Furry Maxx 98se driver no-boot issue

Rukee
06-23-2004, 06:17 AM
Okay, I know the VC stinks and don`t plan on gaming with it, yeah, I already knew that, I`m just trying to build a internet surfer unit here with some spare parts..and the card does not run (or does run, but corrupts the screen after a few minutes) in XP pro so the machine is stuck with 98se.
Problem is, everytime I load the ATI drivers and the computer reboots, the screen locks up while loading the OS. If I boot into safe mode and unintall the drivers, or the device, the computer reboots into windows, finds the new card, reloads the drivers, asks to reboot, then locks up on entry to windows. If I reboot from safe mode without removing the card or drivers, it locks again.
I`ve reformatted, loaded 98se, MB drivers(nforce2), Dx(tryed both 8 and 9.0b), and then the VC drivers. I have the original CD and have been to ATI driver site and tryed the unsupported drivers with the same results.
I know I`ve had this card working in windows 98se before, but I can`t figure out wtf is going on...unless it just doesn`t like the nforce2 platform...any ideas would be much appreciated.