PDA

View Full Version : Mod-Off Modding Competition - Interested?

Elmo
06-22-2004, 04:36 PM
Myself and [t0rc], the owner of www.moditory.com , are putting together plans for a large modding competition. The competiton will take place somewhere on the continental United States, with the exact location to still be determined. We will try to keep the location as close to as many people that sign up as possible, so get your friends to sign up too! We are also considering making plans for a UK version, so you English types won't feel left out :)

However, ideas are all good, but ideas can often be ignored. What we need is for people to show their support for the competition by taking a few seconds out of their busy modding schedules to show their support of our idea.

The Mod-Off, we hope, will have some sponsors such as Home Depot and some modding supply stores such as Xoxide, SVC and hardware stores like Newegg. We plan to enhance the modding industry by bringing awareness to the artistic and technological mastery that is inherent within the modding community and show it off to the world. The competition will include both individual and team-based rounds, which we feel will bring a new challenge to the competition.

So, we are asking you to fill out a quick form with your name, handle (nick name), email and whether or not you are interested in the idea and if you are willing to travel to this competition. Please note that your information will NOT be sent to any companies, we just need the information to keep you in the loop as to how the Mod-Off is progressing. The form can be found at the following address:

http://www.moditory.com/content.php?content.46

It takes about 20 seconds to fill it out and send it, and thats all! All we plan to do with this is show companies like Home Depot that we are serious about this.

Thank you for your support, and we hope that we will see you at the Mod-Off! E-mail me with any questions at elmo_and_friends@hotmail.com

-Elmo

xtremetheme
06-22-2004, 05:01 PM
Your contest is for case mods etc. and not voltage mods right?

Elmo
06-22-2004, 05:20 PM
eek my bad... i saw modding and figured it was case modding... sorry about that :(

k|ngp|n
06-22-2004, 05:44 PM
Same Elmo from UT?? as in Elmo's deck?

Elmo
06-23-2004, 04:27 AM
Originally posted by k|ngp|n
Same Elmo from UT?? as in Elmo's deck?

No, can't say I have the privelage of being known that well :(

I'm a CS/BF 1942 player mostly, but I'm jsut getting into UT 2k4 :)