PDA

View Full Version : kens toys

KennethChong
06-21-2004, 02:05 PM
Thought id post a pic of what im driving now adays, heres the cobra...

KennethChong
06-21-2004, 02:06 PM
another

KennethChong
06-21-2004, 02:07 PM
last one

KennethChong
06-21-2004, 02:08 PM
and heres my baby... aint she purddy

KennethChong
06-21-2004, 02:10 PM
and the focus...

KennethChong
06-21-2004, 02:15 PM
The cobra pics are a bit outdated, should get some in the next few days and post em, painted it black (it looks SOOO much better black) and added a turbo at 12 lb boost.

Soulburner
06-21-2004, 09:39 PM
What's the stock compression on that 5.4?

I know it was made to make good power N/A...did you have the compression lowered as well?

DarkManX_BG
06-22-2004, 02:33 AM
:slobber:
I WANT THAT BIKE!
:D

KennethChong
06-22-2004, 05:33 AM
Originally posted by Soulburner
What's the stock compression on that 5.4?

I know it was made to make good power N/A...did you have the compression lowered as well?

Its a 9-to-1 compression, still should be 9-1 too, i bought it when it had about 2000 miles on it and quite a few mods done already, didnt buy it of the showroom, so im not really all that sure. It does pack quite a bit of power, the only complaints i really have is that is has a really poor turning radius and the clutch is a bit hard to get used too.

KennethChong
06-22-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by DarkManX_BG
:slobber:
I WANT THAT BIKE!
:D

Thats my baby :D Its been raining allot here though so I havnt been able to ride in about 2 weeks :/

[XC]thewildblue
06-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Why have you lengthened the swingarm on that Busa ? Doesnt that slow down the steering loads, it may be more stable in a straight line but wheelies and corners must be ruined..........

How much extra poke does that NOS give it ?

All Kill3r
06-22-2004, 11:15 AM
the focus :slobber:

heh jk, nice rides man. How fast have ya taken the bike ?

Bike > Cobra > focus :toast:

live4offrd
06-22-2004, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by KennethChong
The cobra pics are a bit outdated, should get some in the next few days and post em, painted it black (it looks SOOO much better black) and added a turbo at 12 lb boost.

You painted a Cobra R black? :eek: I dont ever think I have seen one repainted, let see some pics.

You own my 3 favorite vehicles, Mustang, Busa, and Focus.. Nice Collection

Ohh yeah, Hello everyone. :toast:

I have a 2002 Mustang GT and a 1966 Mustang that is being rebuilt.

megahurtz-oc
06-22-2004, 02:04 PM
dude one of my close friends has those same cars prob same years 2001 cobra and 2003 focus. weird guess those cars come in a combo pack? nice rides. (for fords)

lutjens
06-22-2004, 02:22 PM
2000 Cobra R....very rare car.

A pity you painted it...with only 300 of them produced, it'll probably affect its value negatively.

I'd be conservative on the boost you give it...the compression of the flat top pistons is 9.6:1 and although the flat tops are forged, the Carillo rods are very strong and the crank is forged steel as well, too much boost with that compression without really high octane can hurt it. The 12 lb you are putting to it shouldn't be a big deal, but I wouldn't go higher...:)

I was thinking about getting an R myself, but considering the 2004 Cobra has the same power of the R and the amenities like air conditioning, good stereo, cruise, etc that the R lacks, it seemed to me the better way to go.

The R does handle better, but the springs and rims are easily available to upgrade with.

How's the ride of the R?? I hear it's pretty harsh. I'm thinking very seriously about getting the R springs and getting them installed into my Cobra, but I don't want to take too much of a hit in the ride quality department.;)

Soulburner
06-22-2004, 11:18 PM
Yeah I was surprised at that 12psi figure too...is that the final number shown on your boost gauge, or just what the unit is rated for? You always lose some boost in the system.

If you are really getting a final 12psi of boost on your gauge, that thing is gonna make a lot of power. At that compression its kinda risky going any higher but it should be ok with the right computer tune (say 12:1 A/F) and the premo gas. Its all about the tune.

Intercooled/aftercooled I assume?

Got any dyno #' or track times?

KennethChong
06-23-2004, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by thewildblue
Why have you lengthened the swingarm on that Busa ? Doesnt that slow down the steering loads, it may be more stable in a straight line but wheelies and corners must be ruined..........

How much extra poke does that NOS give it ?

I use it mostly for quarter mile runs, but its still not that hard to handle on the street. To be honest, i havnt tryed the NOS just yet, ive only had the bike for a few months, and ive heard some horror stories about NOS and the busa.

KennethChong
06-23-2004, 03:42 AM
Originally posted by live4offrd
You painted a Cobra R black? :eek: I dont ever think I have seen one repainted, let see some pics.

You own my 3 favorite vehicles, Mustang, Busa, and Focus.. Nice Collection

Ohh yeah, Hello everyone. :toast:

I have a 2002 Mustang GT and a 1966 Mustang that is being rebuilt.

I know of 2 people that have done it, i just love it black... Ill post the pics when i can take some, wife took the digital camping.

KennethChong
06-23-2004, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by lutjens

How's the ride of the R?? I hear it's pretty harsh. I'm thinking very seriously about getting the R springs and getting them installed into my Cobra, but I don't want to take too much of a hit in the ride quality department.;)

It is a bit hard on ya, you start going out of your way to not hit bumps. It isnt extremely bad, but defenatly nothing compaired to the focus in quality. (thats one of the smoothest drivig cars ive owned.)

Soulburner: 12 is the final boost, ive had it for a while there and it seems to handle it very nicly, keep in mind that it only has 7500 miles on it, about 2000 of then with the turbo.

All Kill3r: Ive taken the bike to about 190 via GPS, she was still pulling when i backed off too. god i love that bike :D

[XC]thewildblue
06-23-2004, 05:28 AM
So whats it do quarter mile times at then ? Surely you would have given the NOS a try if you were doing quarter miles ?

What does it DYNO at ?
Looks quite nice lowered, but it must be real slow steering round bends.

I havent heard any horror stories about the busa and NOS, more with blower conversions, once you get over 250+ Bhp the frame would twist slightly on full poke and make the bike pull a certain way.

KennethChong
06-23-2004, 06:18 AM
Best ive hit was 9.3.

Ive seen a few busa's loose there engins becasue of the NOS, infact, ive seen 2 myself, thats why im a bit hesitant to use it.

Havnt had it dyno'd yet. (ive only had it 3-4 months.) Im about to bring it in to a local shop though and get it tested out, probly sometime this week.

Ya, its a bit hard around corners, but not too tough if your a decent rider. Fist time i took it out to ride it around town, i set it down making a sharp right hand turn( brand new tires had something to do with it too), its a very diffrent feel from the stock busa, just takes getting used to.

[XC]thewildblue
06-23-2004, 06:41 AM
I take it to get the 9.3 that you have done some other work, as thats quite a good time.

Wasnt it DYNOed when the NOS was fitted ? Suzuki engines are usually bullit proof, some of the blower versions I have seen are closer to 330bhp.

Being a good rider wont speed up the steering, but it does help somewhat. Shame about dropping it on a right hander, you cleaned it up quite well then from that Pic. Nice one.

KennethChong
06-23-2004, 06:51 AM
I take it to get the 9.3 that you have done some other work, as thats quite a good time.

Wasnt it DYNOed when the NOS was fitted ? Suzuki engines are usually bullit proof, some of the blower versions I have seen are closer to 330bhp.

Being a good rider wont speed up the steering, but it does help somewhat. Shame about dropping it on a right hander, you cleaned it up quite well then from that Pic. Nice one.

Yea, it had a bit of work done to it already when i bought it.

The place i had the NOS installed didnt have a DYNO shop, so they coudnt do it, Ill be sure to post the numbers when i get it done this week though, the shop isnt 3 miles away, just waiting for it to stop raining :/

God, i almost cryed when i droped it lol. Originally i was just going to tough it out and keep the scratches But i broke down and bought new pannels, lets just say im MUCH more carfull now, those buggers are exspensive.

Soulburner
06-23-2004, 08:05 AM
Any numbers or times on the Cobra?

KennethChong
06-23-2004, 08:28 AM
high 11's at around 77f 40% humidity, havnt had it at the track for close to a year though, been wanting to see what my new times would be with the turbo, the only thing I had done to it at that time was exhaust and intake.

[XC]thewildblue
06-23-2004, 10:52 AM
How did they manage to test the NOS properly then ? I would have wanted full DYNO readout if I was paying for NOS.

So it was a VERY low speed crash then, you were lucky with just scratches, usually its new bar ends, end can and cracked/broken panels. Usually anything over 20mph knackers bikes up.

What else has been done then coz I found an interesting site on the web on tweaking Busas for quarter miles.

Be good to see those figures when ya got it done.

A friend of mine with a ZX12R with just a mild tweak done with 177@ back wheel.

KennethChong
06-23-2004, 11:29 AM
How did they manage to test the NOS properly then ? I would have wanted full DYNO readout if I was paying for NOS.

So it was a VERY low speed crash then, you were lucky with just scratches, usually its new bar ends, end can and cracked/broken panels. Usually anything over 20mph knackers bikes up.

What else has been done then coz I found an interesting site on the web on tweaking Busas for quarter miles.

Be good to see those figures when ya got it done.

A friend of mine with a ZX12R with just a mild tweak done with 177@ back wheel.

Yea, i was probly at 10 mph, just making a corner from a light... on my old gsx i had quite a few broken pannels, untill a buddy of mine ran into me doing a wheely on I-10... :/ luckily I had full leathers on, but the bike was totaled, that was my first sports bike too... very impressive bike.

K&N filters, ebc hh pads, 16/42 gears, Akrapovic race system.... what site ya looking at?

I rode a ZX12R a while back, it keeps up with the busa pretty well, didnt like the ride that much though.

[XC]thewildblue
06-23-2004, 12:27 PM
http://www.brockracing.com/busa1.htm

In the UK Fast Bikes Mag did a test on the Busa and the 12R, and when flat out the 12R went past the Busa like the Busa passes the Blackbird, it really was quite a difference.

Look on the net for the Fast Bikes Mach 3 Video.

All in all there isnt much in it, I guy I know who runs a Dyno says that the 12R usually does the Busa by about 2-5 BHP on average.

I can feel for ya on the friend who clobbered you, I had the same on my old FZR600R, he accelerated into me and T-boned me....that hurt as I only had a sweater and Jeans on. Picking up 30 stone on bike is quite hard with a numb leg.....lol.

KennethChong
06-23-2004, 12:42 PM
there that much quicker? what are their 1/4 times?

Yea it wasnt much fun, we were at about 65 and when he hit me, it went end over end for about 150f, wasnt very pretty :/

[XC]thewildblue
06-24-2004, 06:04 AM
Im talking at about 190+ that the 12R was passing the busa, quarter mile are around the same times.

Both bikes are good for 150 in third, so the point is mute.....lol.

CrazyXP1700
06-29-2004, 12:56 PM
have you seen the N20 backfire?

http://www.brockracing.com/media/BrockRock750.wmv

looks like he hurt his wrist by his reaction...

nice toys kenneth!

mitchimitch
07-09-2004, 08:06 AM
check this:http://www.totalmotorcycle.com/downloads/motorcyclevideoscommercials.htm

the last in the international video(check all the video)

250cc dance
loading your bike