PDA

View Full Version : LIAN LI mobile racks SATA?????

Computernoob
06-19-2004, 04:56 AM
Hello modders,

Hope there's anyone that can help with this question. I did a google and came up virtually empty.

Here's what I want to know :

Everyone that has ever bought a Lian Li case knows that somewhere in the box there is a flyer included which has all other products on it that Lian li sells. On that flyer are also a number of mobile racks in which you can place your harddrives to make them hot-swappable.
Here's the deal...I have a serial ATA drive which I want to use since my computer is also being used by other members of my family who have their own dedicated hard drives.

On the flyer it clearly says:

RH-321 (7200 RPM)
SERIAL ATA
Single ball bearing fan in the rear
Aluminium inner rack

When I however look at the Lian Li homepage I come across the following:

http://www.lian-li.com/product.php?action=viewPD&prdid=389

Product Specification:
Interface:IDE
Disk Type:1"height
Dimensions : 210x146x42mm
Product Feature / Commentary:
RH-321
Single sleeve fan in the rear
Aluminum lnner-rack
Electronic key lock
ABS 94V0 fireproof plastic
Support ATA133 & 7200 RPM HDD

Now, now, this really baffles me. No mention at all about SATA or anything relating to that.

The obvious question then would be, where can I find such a mobile rack which has SATA compatibility and goes with my silver case. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Regards.

chr
06-22-2004, 12:24 PM
as far as i know, the rack you are looking for doesnt exist.

i looked into this myself a while back.

lian-li have sata racks; sata connection between board and mobile rack, but the inner tray is still meant for pata drives.

so i believe when lian-li says sata mobile rack, they dont mean the inner cage, they mean the OUTER cage is sata. the inner is still pata. i do own both the rh321 and rh421, and they are for pata drives.

hope this helps

enzoR
06-23-2004, 07:41 AM
SATA is hot-swappable as is anyway.... you dont need a rack, just creative thinking. make one! ;)