PDA

View Full Version : Fao: Marci

c7775
10-11-2002, 11:18 AM
Pls have a look at that review since it describes the swifty watercooler as being a rather good OEM box... according to them it runs the TEC np as well ? have a look thou...

Hardass
10-11-2002, 11:26 AM
This is a great piece of equipment as far as I am concerned. If I could afford it I would have 2 or 3. Mine is running the TEC setup.:)

c7775
10-11-2002, 11:29 AM
but the thing is would it handle that much heat. Thing is Marci said there was NO way you could run a 226W pelt alone and this guy is running a 226W and a 78W pelts on the same system and he is achieveing good successes without doing any major modifications to the WC system itself ? interesting

Hardass
10-11-2002, 11:32 AM
My system is running the 226W on the cpu and a 80W on the gpu. Have a 2000+@1980MHz with temp at 21c. Full load In a 80degree room.

c7775
10-11-2002, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Hardass
My system is running the 226W on the cpu and a 80W on the gpu. Have a 2000+@1980MHz with temp at 21c. Full load In a 80degree room.

Really ? is that on the same Swifty system ! If yes have you done any mods to it ? What psu you using for the pelts ? Brilliant

/OHHHHH ALMOST 2000 POSTS !

Hardass
10-11-2002, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Voodoo|Minion
Really ? is that on the same Swifty system ! If yes have you done any mods to it ? What psu you using for the pelts ? Brilliant

/OHHHHH ALMOST 2000 POSTS !
120mm blowhole in the top, and another in the door. PS is the meanwell that comes with the pelt setup. And yes all this is the same system.

c7775
10-11-2002, 11:45 AM
very good news to say the least matee :) and i am looking seriously at getting the TEC waterblocks for me setup...
But do you reckon this can coold down one of em ?

2X226Watt pelts :) Now this is SILLY !

Hardass
10-11-2002, 12:02 PM
I agree it would take to much power to run it.

Marci
10-12-2002, 07:37 AM
I did say "as far as I know" & "in my opinion".... and at the bottom I think I asked anyone to correct me as it was all theory and assumption from looking....

We have the swiftech kit here in the shop rather than the full Q-Power case, but as far as I knew all the Q Power case is is a case with the kit fitted in it.... not much difference other than that...

But if it can do it, then I'm impressed.... Have to add here that the performance of the Swifty Kit non-pelt version was a bit of a let down when we tried it out.... I use the swifty non-pelt block myself, and opted not to bother with the pelt version as everyone I know running pelts has huge tanks for reservoirs etc... whereas the swifty kit doesn't even come with a res, just a fill n bleed kit... SO, that means my rig'll run a 226w pelt no probs! Brill.... guess wot I'm buying next!

c7775
10-12-2002, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by Marci
I did say "as far as I know" & "in my opinion".... and at the bottom I think I asked anyone to correct me as it was all theory and assumption from looking....

We have the swiftech kit here in the shop rather than the full Q-Power case, but as far as I knew all the Q Power case is is a case with the kit fitted in it.... not much difference other than that...

But if it can do it, then I'm impressed.... Have to add here that the performance of the Swifty Kit non-pelt version was a bit of a let down when we tried it out.... I use the swifty non-pelt block myself, and opted not to bother with the pelt version as everyone I know running pelts has huge tanks for reservoirs etc... whereas the swifty kit doesn't even come with a res, just a fill n bleed kit... SO, that means my rig'll run a 226w pelt no probs! Brill.... guess wot I'm buying next!

ok i see... Nice to see we agree on that matter now. Most probably i will get one before you and then i will make sure that i post my findings around here so you youll see whether i was stupid to think that the system could take 400W of heat and still manage to dissisapate it... Still for 200quid including the whole system.. its a bargain :)

Marci
10-12-2002, 10:32 AM
well, i have the full kit just without case, including the UHT Pelted block, and i have a swifty mcw40 lyin about and a few 80w pelts, and i've even got the same psu as hardass sat on the shelf, so I might just give it a try next week and see how it goes...

TheDude
10-12-2002, 11:09 AM
You will notice on the swifty site that they say you should run pelt on all or none..in other words dont pelt the cpu and not pelt the gpu etc. You would be trying to cool it with water warmed by the pelt already. Does that make sense? Not sure I stated that clearly.