PDA

View Full Version : Best stress test? Prime95? Toast?

nelamvr6
10-10-2002, 07:39 PM
What do you guys think? And how long do you run the test before you feel the OC is stable?

Has anyone used one called CPU Stability Tester? I got if of the downloads page at the AOA Forums (http://www.aoaforums.com/).

Hardass
10-11-2002, 02:12 AM
I have used both Prime and Toast. They are both effective. I did notice with prime I would get errors when running win2k that I would not get running xp. I run prime for a couple hours. Toast as well. There are folks here that run it 24 hours. If you can run Toast for 2 hours and run 3d Bench Mark I think you have a very stable system. :toast:

nelamvr6
10-11-2002, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by Hardass
I have used both Prime and Toast. They are both effective. I did notice with prime I would get errors when running win2k that I would not get running xp. I run prime for a couple hours. Toast as well. There are folks here that run it 24 hours. If you can run Toast for 2 hours and run 3d Bench Mark I think you have a very stable system. :toast:

Do you run toast in the background while you run 3dmark?

N8
10-11-2002, 03:45 AM
I just run prime for a few hours...seems to get the CPU good and hot. I don't have time for 24hr testing and I have never crashed/etc w/ an OC that passed over an hour of prime. Not sayin it can't happen, just sayin in my experience if u can run prime for a couple to a few hours errorless, your system is pretty friggin stable :D

Marci
10-11-2002, 04:30 AM
Usually I do a 10 or 20 loop in Sandra on the CPU & Mem Benches (Burn In Wizard), 3DMark Becnh on loop 5 yimes, 3DMark Demo loop 5 times, then crank folding up to 100% and turn off the HLT register with WPCRSET. If it survives that lot then I'm happy.

nelamvr6
10-11-2002, 08:55 PM
I think I just found the best stress tester yet.. I just told MusicMatch to prepare all of my files for level volume during playback. After about 10 minutes I noticed that my CPU temp was higher than it ever got running toast and prime95 at the same time!

Then my system froze! This is a system that has run prime95 all night long!

Drozdov
10-11-2002, 09:08 PM
has anyone tried HotCPU, i have noticed that program works the cpu VERY hard