PDA

View Full Version : PC61 - help - top fan blowhole

texuspete00
06-12-2004, 05:53 AM
Thinking about going Black Lian Li Style on my Prometia. Thinking about putting a PC61 on top. I'm not sure I like the location of the top 80mm blowhole on the case. Now, not only would black match my keyboard, monitor etc. I like that I dont feel I'l have to stealth the drives so long as I continue to use black ones. It should stay nice and sleek looking without faceplates or all kinds of extra effort. Ok, thats my long winded reasoning for why I dont want to just go PC60.

Now, here's the thing. I still want to put my rad (BIX) in this sucker. I was wondering if anyone has the PC61? It's just if I convert that 80mm blowhole to a 120mm, I'm not sure if the damn fan spot they've already chose is too flush with the powersupply?! I need to mount the fan and still have some room because the rad is a bit bigger than the fan of course. The other curiosity would be if there is enough room in front the 80mm fan spot. I plan on simply using a combo drive or a dvd burner in the bottom drive spot so I'm not worried about that, just the space on top of this case! Damn, wish it didnt have that stupid 80mm fan spot already. Can you tell? ;)

Stupid case modding gone public. They think they know where I want my blowhole but they don't. :mad:

http://www.ec329.com/CT_topfan.JPG