PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy bios chip for nf7-s 2.0

Big Deel
06-11-2004, 09:02 AM
When exiting my bios (after making changes) the system hung and would not restart.It was stuck on the warning saving bios settings screen.Well after about 5 minutes I knew It was no use so I turned it off....and you know the rest. Now sytem will not post.
Where can i purchase another chip with bios already loaded.
I know i can buy another board and do a hot swap with the chips and reprogram that way,but I would like to have a spare anyways.

KPJ
06-11-2004, 09:11 AM
excaliberpc.com has "ABIT nForce2 BIOS Survival Kit for NF7 v2.0 Series".

http://www.excaliberpc.com/product_info.php?cPath=156_157&products_id=1818

Package Content:
x1 Replacement BIOS chip for 'Hot Swap' & backup
Recovery User's Instruction

Should be what you are looking for. :)

Big Deel
06-11-2004, 09:16 AM
Thanks for the help.

KPJ
06-11-2004, 09:17 AM
NP. :)

luxolex
06-11-2004, 10:39 AM
I had one done for me at www.badflash.com

The Bios Savior Survival Kit is very nice too

Da_BoKa
06-11-2004, 12:02 PM
i got one from my local HW shop, they asked it directly to there distributor and i got it one day later for free

KPJ
06-11-2004, 12:34 PM
Da_BoKa,

Nice service.... :)

Ol!ver
06-11-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Big Deel
When exiting my bios (after making changes) the system hung and would not restart.It was stuck on the warning saving bios settings screen.Well after about 5 minutes I knew It was no use so I turned it off....and you know the rest. Now sytem will not post.
Where can i purchase another chip with bios already loaded.
I know i can buy another board and do a hot swap with the chips and reprogram that way,but I would like to have a spare anyways.

Is this a common occurence with these boards? Was going to get an NF7-S, not too sure now :(

Cheers

Oli

Big Deel
06-11-2004, 02:39 PM
I went with the BIOS Survival Kit.
Iam new to this board,but it must be common thing if they have kit like that just for this board :)

Lithan
06-11-2004, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by Ol!ver
Is this a common occurence with these boards? Was going to get an NF7-S, not too sure now :(

Cheers

Oli

Alot of people seem to have these problems with several different nforce2 boards. I've had about 10-12 different nforce 2 boards, and never even seen this problem. I suspect that it happens once or twice, then everytime someone's computer hangs on bootup afterwards, people just throw up their hands and say. "It's the bios fault!"

Hell-Fire
06-11-2004, 09:58 PM
If you or a friend has another NF2 board that also uses the Award bios chip, you can do a hot flash versus buying/waiting on another bios chip to come in.

Just boot off the good machine, remove the good bios and stick yours in. Then do a flash using a floppy.

After the flash it will say to hit F1 to reboot. Just powre down and swap out the bios chips and you are good to go.