PDA

View Full Version : xp and my stupidity

Attitudx
10-09-2002, 08:02 AM
I had installed easy cd creator on xp and it wasnt the compatible version or didnt have the patch so it took two files a cdralw2k.sys and cdr_2k.sys and said that roxio installed and that it would make xp unstable and problably not able to burn. Well everytime i start xp i get that incompatible message and they were disabled. BUT I COULD still burn. So like a smart man i found them and deleted them. NO didnt rename them like a genius would do I just removed them. Now after rebooting the message doesnt come up but then again neither does my cdr I found one file already any suggestions??? ON how I can fix this

TheDude
10-09-2002, 09:02 AM
Were these 2 files from ezcd or w2k? Can't you just replace them? Aren't they on install cd? Or uninstall..then re-install apps?

Attitudx
10-09-2002, 09:22 AM
well I searched several other systems that didnt have ezcd and had xp and those files didnt exist. The bad thing is my cdr is not seen in windows.so i cannot reinstall the app or i could put in a different cd and install it dont know if it will work but I can try i guess

Tweaked!
10-16-2002, 05:01 AM
Maybe (this is just a guess) you could remove the cdr from the computer, boot, shut daown, reinstall the cdr, and let windows find it and reinstall the drivers.

Attitudx
10-16-2002, 06:37 AM
I searched and searched and couldnt find anything that would stop it from finding it. Let smiz look at it and decided to reinstall, but I got a different drive bigger and reinstalled worked fine so I guess it was coolio alright now