PDA

View Full Version : Benching the 9700....questions

mike.elmes
10-07-2002, 12:45 PM
I have assembled a system that is so far air cooled with a noisy
Sunflower H/S and loudass fan....until a prommy arrives in aweek or so. It has a 2.66 C1 P4 in a Abit IT7-max. Video is a radeon 9700. In the control pannel for the 9700 is a tab for OpenGL and another for Direct3d. My question is can I set all of the sliders for best performance to get the highest mad onion 3dmark 2001 scores?? What settings are the High Rollers using?? Is this considered cheating?

My system is stable for the 3dmark2001 at 154/206...fsb/memory

The ram is kingmax2700. I have some Samsung ddr400 but it wont post as it is cas3. My bios could be flashed I 've heard to accept this ram,however I'm not sure if it is much better than what I have(kingmax)

So far my best run at 3dmark is 16500. I havent tried the fastest
or best performance setting for the card yet.

regards,

mike

MrIcee
10-07-2002, 01:25 PM
Mike:)

As far as the drivers are concerned, most all of us benching 3DMark set them for performance mode. As far as I know, it has never been considered cheating , in as much as manipulation of parameters in the drivers, because the manufacturer gave you the tools and parameters to do so.:)

Randi:D

mike.elmes
10-07-2002, 01:40 PM
Thanx Randi.
:)

As I push the envelope on this rig trying to get it faster via fsb,
I can add more memvoltage....is the max of 3.2v too high. The last time I tried for a higher the 156 fsb it wouldn't post,vmem was at 2.9. The memory timings all reverted back to SPD.

Can I safely crank the memv and corevoltage to the max safely ??
Right now core is at 1.625 and memv is at 2.9. Timings are pretty much as relaxed as they can go. temp in bios is 42c

MrIcee
10-07-2002, 02:14 PM
As long as you are providing excellent cooling, just take it up a little at a time as necessary to sustain the overclock with stability:)

Randi:D